PDA

View Full Version : As Hosting

chinook_apache
11-28-2003, 09:18 PM
can someone verify this link and tell me if they can sign up to as hostings free package.its meant to open up every friday at 8 pm gmt but the link to sign up is not there!
heres the link

sharedholder
11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
When the signup period is active, a button will appear on this page for you to follow.

Is not that period :lol: :lol:

chinook_apache
11-28-2003, 09:27 PM
it is that time im in the UK. its 20:27 here! i did but down that they open up membership at 8:00pm GMT

TRshady
11-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Now open ..... :)
Expect half the world to make thier way over ......

oh, and well done for letting everyone know about it!
Now there gonna close due to the popularity, well I only just came across it in one of I.ams posts so err .... thanks. :D

chinook_apache
11-28-2003, 09:38 PM
lol there is no link on the page to sin up for mee
if you have the link plz popst it!

TRshady
11-28-2003, 09:40 PM
I guess your ie isn't set to automatically see if the page has been updated.

Anyhow, Here it is (http://as-hosting-pro.com/step1.htm). :)
Make sure you read the tos to answer to questions though!

Mr. Blunt
11-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@28 November 2003 - 13:40
I guess your ie isn't set to automatically see if the page has been updated.

Anyhow, Here it is (http://as-hosting-pro.com/step1.htm). :)
Make sure you read the tos to answer to questions though!
Errr...404.

I'm not going to bother with this hosting anymore.

TRshady
11-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Notice your post was an hour after mine.
Ashosting sign ups were open for an hour today and half way through when I posted. I filled in ma form, now to sit and pray. :)

Hunted
11-29-2003, 01:37 AM
How likely is it to be accepted?

TRshady
11-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Providing the sign up form is filled in correctly ..... very likely. :)

Illuminati
11-29-2003, 12:30 PM
It's the signing-up that's the bitch. Once you've done that, your hosting is sweet - And the reason for keeping registrations down to only an hour a week you'll pretty much appreciate once you've got past it :D

Few tips for anyone who either missed this week's or got rejected this week: Register on AS Hosting's forum. This is important, as a) there is always some important stuff on the forums (e.g. announcements, etc), and the form will also ask you for your forum name, hence you're encouraged to register on the forum first ;)
Fill in ALL of the form. This is important; look in the free hosting forum today (saturday) and chances are that you'll see a welcome topic along with rejections and why they were rejected. Most of these have the reason of missing one box out.
If you plan to do it in another language, either have the main page in English or don't even bother registering; AS Hosting have a rule of no non-English sites, and their Support do go through each site to check.
Know what you want your site to be about before registering. A lot of people on other hosts get their webspace, and don't know what the f**k to do with it. AS Hosting will not allow you to do that; they even ask what your site will be about in the form. Think about what you want your site for, then add it in the website description. Note that your description has to be within the rules (e.g. don't even think about using the word 'warez' anywhere in it), and that most rejections are in this part (mainly for lack of description though, though there was one who got rejected for having just 'thank' in the description.
Don't bother using AS Hosting as nothing more than a storage site with no front-end. They want to host sites, not hotlinking centres.
They will review any sites 15 days after it registered. If you don't have a site, you're gonna get kicked out. If you break any of the rules in any way (e.g. a French-only site infringes the non-english ban), expect your site to be taken down fast. If you have a site up though and it follows the rules, they're give you a tick and won't come back until someone bitches about it :D
Hope that helps :) ...next week ;)

TRshady
11-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Great post Illuminati and very true. I done it all great and hope to get my hosting from them. :)
Remember though, it's ten days, not 15 to get your site uploaded. :P

Illuminati
11-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@29 November 2003 - 13:36
Great post Illuminati and very true. I done it all great and hope to get my hosting from them. :)
Remember though, it's ten days, not 15 to get your site uploaded. :P
Ten? S**t - I thought I read in the forum the review was 15 days! http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/shocking.gif

Excuse me one sec...http://www.cains-cottage.co.uk/smileys/eekout.gif

TRshady
11-29-2003, 12:50 PM
lol, it was a cheeky change AA2004 made yesterday to the TOS page so that he made sure people had read the tos before filling in the form and not just doing it from memory ...

j4y3m
12-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Yeh I Answered It Wrong Because Of Him :P I Signed Up On Their Forum Though :)

3rd gen noob
12-17-2003, 07:26 AM
1GB of storage space?? :wub:

(is that the free account?)

j4y3m
12-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 December 2003 - 07:26
1GB of storage space?? :wub:

No ou Only Get 120MB For Free :rolleyes:

3rd gen noob
12-17-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy+17 December 2003 - 06:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy @ 17 December 2003 - 06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@17 December 2003 - 07:26
1GB of storage space??&nbsp; :wub:

No ou Only Get 120MB For Free :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
not too shabby, better than my 50Mb free space anyway

Illuminati
12-17-2003, 08:41 AM
120MB is the initial storage you get.

However, if you run out you can request an expansion to 250MB. The only criteria is that you use the initial 120MB and for a good reason (e.g. don&#39;t fill it up with warez and then ask for the 250 - You&#39;re likely to be kicked off then for breaking the TOS :lol:)

Wizzandabe
12-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Can someone sign me up, email,

[email protected]

Im at work you see. ;)

TRshady
12-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Dont think we will be able to, well I wont anyway because they check ips to ensure your not going for multiple accounts. :(