PDA

View Full Version : ~have Any Of You Thought About Leaving Here?

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 05:57 AM
ok before I start this is not an excuse to start flaming other members, even though some of you seem to thrive on it.

I am simply asking the questions as I have just came back &#39;in&#39; after a lengthy absence (did anyone even notice :( :P ) and have noticed that a few of the old guard seem to have dissappeared. I have been a member for a few months and have noticed some of the popular, fun and interesting regulars seem to go at it hammer and tongs then kinda drift off into obscurity, and some of the members who remain seem to become more spiteful and vitriolic than they once were and seem to come in here only to fire off at some unsuspecting member for no real reason.

So I ask have any of you thought about leaving and what has made you think about it?

Oh for my part I have and haven taken a few vacations because I get fedup with some of the immature and pathetic shit that some folks throw at others just to get their jollies, they seem to think that just because they are hiding behind their pc and are enjoying anominity it gives them licence to say things to people they wouldn&#39;t dare if they ever met them. I wouldn&#39;t give them the satisfaction of rising to the bait so I simply head off as I don&#39;t think it is worth getting annoyed.

Anyone got any thoughts?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-29-2003, 06:05 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhh I can see where this is going to lead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FC B)

hobbes
11-29-2003, 06:07 AM
STFU noob&#33;

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Wasn&#39;t really tryijng to take this anywhere FC, whotcha talking about...ehm...FC, in me best Gary Coleman voice :)

@hobbes was that aimed at me and were you being sarcastic, given the contents of my post?

titey
11-29-2003, 06:10 AM
http://www.spammers-paradise.com/forums/html//emoticons/yes.gif You already know my feelings on this subject Zero.... but I still thought I&#39;d post my agreement wif you since you decided to create this thread.

vitriolicDamn you for making me use my dictionary though. <_<

hobbes
11-29-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@29 November 2003 - 07:07
Wasn&#39;t really tryijng to take this anywhere FC,&nbsp; whotcha talking about...ehm...FC, in me best Gary Coleman voice :)

@hobbes was that aimed at me and were you being sarcastic, given the contents of my post?
Good job, I would never be vitriolic in earnest. I just wanted to see if you would respond. You did not and were true to your word (not rising to the bait.)

I have been around for awhile and it seems that "the forum is not as it was" post is a constant. I think we all have our times when this forum is fun, then we get bored and drift away. Real problems also have a way of interfering with our blissful existance here.

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 06:24 AM
Not so much I wasn&#39;t gonna rise but figured you better than that so guessed you were jokin :)

You are correct I have seen the &#39;this place isn&#39;t fun anymore&#39; type posts before, I was just curious if others had left for similar reasons as myself. I had been talking to others (Thanks Titey :) ) about it and wondered if we represented the minority or the majority and simply was interested in the opinions of other members. I guess you can never go back home :rolleyes:

Honey
11-29-2003, 06:27 AM
i havent been around long enough to know if i want to leave yet?... ;)

but.. its the same scenario in different forums, different chat rooms, different messenger applications...

if i dont like what i see... i have two options... stay... or go... :unsure:

but i won&#39;t buy into nastiness.. (most of the time).. life&#39;s too short.. ;)

Virtualbody1234
11-29-2003, 06:31 AM
I have come very close to leaving. I won&#39;t say why but I thought about it for a while and figured it wasn&#39;t worth leaving on account of one person.

hobbes
11-29-2003, 06:33 AM
As for the forum, I am immune to Lounge rats, as they are a bit pathetic. My only true hard times are when I am in the "World News" forum, trying to exchange serious thoughts and there are people there who have no problem spouting what they know to be bullshit, to further their causes. I call it intellectual dishonesty and it is for people who are not searching for the truth.

I left another forum for this very reason. If I get the impression that the forum is infiltrated with agenda driven liars, I see no point in continuing.

Sorry Virtual, I didn&#39;t mean to drive you away, you stupid noob.

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Hobbes

I don&#39;t even go into the world news forum now, I popped in a couple of times but saw such immature and illinformed (dodgy spelling)drivel from some members that I turned away in disgust I haven&#39;t been back since. Btw that is not to saw that there are many a fine debate held in there, but I cannot honestly stomach some of the views made by some so I stay away, the lounge is probably more my level anyway :) .

infamousalbo101
11-29-2003, 06:53 AM
i was gonna leave wen i first started out as a member because people were making fun of me for being a noob and made me feel real stupid

but then certian members on the board guided me in the right path and i quickly learned

so i open up my own warez sites some of the biggest

ill sell bootleg moviez games and albumz to stupid n00bz in school and make makin money thankz to this forum

i love you guys :D

hobbes
11-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@29 November 2003 - 07:44
Hobbes

I don&#39;t even go into the world news forum now, I popped in a couple of times but saw such immature and illinformed (dodgy spelling)drivel from some members that I turned away in disgust I haven&#39;t been back since. Btw that is not to saw that there are many a fine debate held in there, but I cannot honestly stomach some of the views made by some so I stay away, the lounge is probably more my level anyway :) .
For me, I enter the Lounge as an interlude. I don&#39;t care who has the "cutest butt" or the amenities of the Ford Focus. I come here because it allows an American, such as myself, to hear the views of the world on my country.

Much of what I have learned has been enlightening, but I draw ire at liars and agenda driven people. EvilBagPuss has not returned since he wrestled with me over the subject of integrity. He swore to "chase me down", but never did. The reason is that I am here to discuss, not to defend a point of view.

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 07:04 AM
@infamousalbo101......ehhhhhhhmmm....glad we could &#39;help&#39; :blink:

@hobbes...as I said some iof the discussions are great, but I took great dislike when the discussions revolved around the suffering of others and people getting on there high horse and making comments &#39;even thogh my country&#39;s government doesn&#39;t like yours I stilll feel bad for the people who are suffering&#39;, even thinking about it annoys me. As for the lounge as an interlude perhaps you have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head there, many of us, including myself perhaps spend too much time in here and become dependant on it. When I first came in here I tried to do a bit of problem solving and inbetween times popped into the lounge for a breather, but it became like a contest to see who could answer the problem page first, at the end of the day as long as an answer is given then that is fine but I began to spend more time in the lounge as I wasn&#39;t in the &#39;I want a bigger post count&#39; crowd, who even saw fit to put things like &#39;yes I agree&#39; well after a problem had been resolved, and I ended up only coming in here. Maybe it&#39;s time to spread the ole wings :)

and perhaps learn to punctuate and shorten my sentences a bit :rolleyes:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@29 November 2003 - 02:04
Maybe it&#39;s time to spread the ole wings :)
:D MusicWorld. :D

junkyardking
11-29-2003, 08:29 AM
There has been some nastyness in the forum lately and it does seem the forum is more split with people spliting into there own groups, there was that incident(not mentioning names) where a former mod gave up there moderation powers because an other mod.

I dont really get it thou it&#39;s only a forum not real life although to some it seems it is. ;)

(>Zero Cool<)
11-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@29 November 2003 - 08:29
I dont really get it thou it&#39;s only a forum not real life although to some it seems it is. ;)
I couldn&#39;t agree more :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@29 November 2003 - 03:29
There has been some nastyness in the forum lately and it does seem the forum is more split with people spliting into there own groups
:pirate: :devil: :pirate:

:P

FC B)

MUSLEMAN 1.0
11-29-2003, 11:01 AM
emmm i just got here, is it that bad??? should i leave?? :o :o

TRshady
11-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey Zero&#33; :D
Nice to &#39;see&#39; you again.
Just checking, you were the one which had the avatar with the dog from wacky races, forgot his name but cant forget his laugh, lol.

To be honest, theres never been times when I want to leave after either someone upset me or not feeling welcome, but have left on my own account to see what else is out there. This is a very fast moving forum, leaving for a month of two then returning seems like its a different forum with regulars who used to appear frequently now seem quiet and don&#39;t take part as much, But I guess that&#39;s just the cycle of the forum and as long as I get what I need from here and give what I can, I&#39;m happy with it all.

Adster
11-29-2003, 11:13 AM
:o is the great muscleman dead&#33;

MUSLEMAN 1.0
11-29-2003, 11:15 AM
soon, don&#39;t you worry i will take care of him

MUSLEMAN
11-29-2003, 11:16 AM
keep yaping copy cat :angry: :angry:

Adster
11-29-2003, 11:19 AM
ok dotn confuse me liek that do we have a imposker??

MUSLEMAN 1.0
11-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@29 November 2003 - 11:16
keep yaping copy cat :angry: :angry:
stfu you are the copycat

UKMan
11-29-2003, 11:27 AM
I have left - twice - might leave again - why not, this aint a prison is it? :unsure:

Staying in the lounge though in my experience for too long is rather hazardous - should be a fun place - but sadly its just another "Joke" area. Time to spread the wings to the other important parts of the board maybe - or even leave....again.

UKMan

Adster
11-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Ive left twice and made other characters on this board to have a fresh start for a while .....

Well for a while when this account was hogster every Post was serious helpful and even the typing spelling was good then ppl started to find out I was the infamous hated athomp, well so I thought whats the point call myself Adster my name on the footy field (sorry Rugby League field UK soccer fans) and then went back to the old ways typing and spelling like shit :lol:

titey
11-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Adster@29 November 2003 - 05:31
when this account was hogster every Post was serious helpful and even the typing spelling was good

:rolleyes: Yes.... that was 5 minutes I&#39;ll never forget&#33;

Adster
11-29-2003, 11:36 AM
well blame BOT he told everyone otherwise I would have stayed that way

btw read my first 1000 posts they were decent not 5 minutes

oh also im somebody else on thsi forum no one ha sbothered to point out yet so yeah jsut proves the internet ppl can easier stero type from words

Yogi
11-29-2003, 12:05 PM
I will certainle leave this forum again&#33;&#33;&#33;

Can advise everyone to do so at least once&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s very gratifying&#33;&#33;

Yogi-BackWithAYellowVengeance

Rappy
11-29-2003, 12:06 PM
i came close to leaveing too but the problem has been terminated :lol:

SniperInTheShadows
11-29-2003, 12:17 PM
I haven&#39;t been here long, but at the moment I can&#39;t say I have any plan&#39;s on leaving :)

I used to only really look in the other section&#39;s before coming into the Lounge, and if i&#39;d stayed in those section&#39;s then I think i&#39;d consider leaving as there&#39;s too much spamming and flamming in them, there&#39;s not the same friendly and funny atmosphere as in here.

Perhap&#39;s if in the future I find i&#39;m having serious problem&#39;s with someone that I can&#39;t sort out by talking privately to them and discussing it, then I may leave, but I can&#39;t say for sure as i&#39;d rather that doesn&#39;t happen :)

There&#39;s a few peep&#39;s here that I consider friends, one person who&#39;s more than just a friend to me, and a few other&#39;s that I hope become friend&#39;s in the future, so i&#39;ve got very good reason&#39;s to stay :)

Sniper.

dwightfry
11-29-2003, 05:44 PM
I have thought about leaving several times, but I never do. This place traps ya.

I have had 3 reasons.

1. I came here to be ahead of the game when it comes to K-Lite. I wanted the newest versions right away. There hasn&#39;t been a major breakthrough though for several months.

2. I am kinda tired of spam posts in the lounge. I don&#39;t mind small spam, but the stuff that never goes away, like the 3 word stories, Biggest spam post in the world, and other stuff like that. Stuff that nobody would ever read because it is way to long. (even though I contributed in the latest Version 2.0.0.1 :huh: )

3. It&#39;s personal, but it&#39;s fixed.