PDA

View Full Version : is NCIS worth watching after Abby.Tony D'Nosio etc leave the show?

nzbman
10-26-2020, 11:07 PM
A little context is appropriate since Covid shut down the majority of new production for most TV shows and is delaying movie releases at an alarming rate so I turned to Netflix to fill the gap and decided that as I was already a fan of NCIS LA and NEW ORLEANS so having never(how was this even possible)even seen a single episode of the original I started with S01E01 and am now into half of season 12. So my question relates to already knowing that the afore mentioned characters have left the show. I know we all have dif tastes in entertainment but would appreciate your feedback.Thanks.
NZBMAN (not my real name):blink:

IdolEyes787
10-26-2020, 11:33 PM
Showcase Canada was running the series in order so I watched basically every episode until Ziva left (Season 9?). The Tony character had basically run it's course at that point and Gibbs (Harmon) had pretty much aged out of believability. I like Ducky but never really a fan of Abby or McGee and God knows nine seasons is enough of anything. I have watched a few with the newer cast and I really don't think watching a pale imitation of what was makes a whole lot of sense. Much the same with Criminal Minds. Good to time killer to sheesh.

yevgeny
10-28-2020, 11:27 AM
McGee looked more and more spun out as it went on.. not JAG material . I liked that show once and even ncis la. and it still incredulates me how that and jag went for like so long!

ripcord
07-06-2021, 02:39 AM
I quit watching this show after Ziva left. Now I hear after SO MANY seasons she's coming back. Ugh.

mjd73ks
10-30-2021, 07:35 AM
NCIS LA was too centered on terrorism. It just never felt like it was anything to do with Navy.

Actually, I'm going to give NCIS Hawaii a go. First episode seems like it could be ok but I hope they stay away from the technology tropes that are in the other ones. Why not make things slightly more believable. There are more normal tech people in existence.