PDA

View Full Version : University Network Problems

MUSLEMAN
11-29-2003, 12:01 PM
i have posted this tip which belonges to ftfakes for a possible solution to schools blocking klite:
For the uni network problem try the DK Firewall Booster (http://www.dietk.com/download.php).

Here is a trick that also might help:

I'm sure your university is blocking many ports to prevent you from using p2p programs. But one port is always open. It's port 80. So you need to find a supernode which listens to port 80 too. KZN 1.4.6 has a secret feature to find those supernodes in your list (well, now it's not a secret anymore :lol: ).

And here is how to do it:
Open KZN.
Hold down the shift key while pressing 'check status' under the supernode list.
A window will pop up and ask you for a port to use for checking.
Type in 80 and hit OK.
KZN now checks all SNs and with some luck you'll find a SN that is responding (for example 65.31.42.228:3686)
Double click this supernode to fill the 'new supernode' box.
Change the port to 80 (65.31.42.228:80).
Hit 'set new SN and restart kazaa'.
Wait and pray.

also you can try:

Go where you installed KL and change the name of "KazaaLite.kpp" to something else. Click Start, Run and write regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\K++ and change "ApplicationName" to same as "KazaaLite.kpp"s new name. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\K++ and do the same.

if those don't work its time to try hopster for tunneling (http://www.hopster.com/)

or maybe socks5 proxy

dbgt27
04-27-2004, 09:15 PM
i cannot find KazaaLite.kpp is there anything else it might be called?

MUSLEMAN
04-28-2004, 03:37 AM
lol what do you mean you can't find it boss?? lol its there and no it can't be called anything else, otherwise it would not run :lol:

Entity101
04-28-2004, 07:22 AM
You can find the curent name in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\K++\ApplicationName

(otherwise look for a 3.xx MB file in your Kazaa Lite installation folder)

Make sure that you are using Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 because other verion might work differently.

MUSLEMAN
05-01-2004, 12:42 AM
KLT K++ is the same exact way and so is klr