PDA

View Full Version : What's This?

CoolMac
11-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Have the latest version of klite codec pack installed and i cannot play files in Windows Medfia Player??

However i can still play those files on BSPlayer and VideoLAN.

This only happens with movies

watcherzero
11-29-2003, 03:18 PM
possibly the same problem I had, is it one particular codec type? If ALL files arent playing something has gone seriously wrong, try uninstalling the 2.20 and going back to 2.10 or try the RC for the next one, though i cant testify if that fixes it.

CoolMac
11-29-2003, 03:39 PM
don't worry i just fixed the problem by installing all the codecs i'll ever need 4 windows media player

donten
11-30-2003, 01:42 AM
coolmac, did you just install all the codecs from the codec pack? I'm having a similar problem in that only one movie plays without audio. All the other files play with audio in media player.

CoolMac
11-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by donten@30 November 2003 - 01:42
coolmac, did you just install all the codecs from the codec pack? I'm having a similar problem in that only one movie plays without audio. All the other files play with audio in media player.
seems that codec pack tempered with my sound card.......

this is just a hypotesis

VB
12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Use the GSpot tool to see which codecs/filters are used.

Post that info here, with filename of movie if possible, and also a detailed description of the problem. Also which players you tried.

nuclear hawk
12-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Well I saw other posts and i see something is seriously wrong with this codeck pack
However it might not be the anti-freeze, since file I was talking about is coded at Xvid.
Anyway-it stopes on a fix place at windows media player and goes on at BSplayer
with codeck pack 2.10 I could freely watch it at both. I cannot go back to 2.10-tried it-couse then when I try to open ANY of my movies I get a message that either media player doesn't have right codeck, or the file is corrupt
I can't put here any of the images I have collected from GSpot, since they are located on my hard drive and not on web, however Paul, if you give an e-mail to send them to, I'll do that
my e-mail is:
[email protected]

VB
12-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Start > run > regsvr32 quartz.dll

nuclear hawk
12-03-2003, 05:21 PM
what is this regsvr32 quartz.dll
looks like too long for a single file name. it also has non-executable extension

CoolMac
12-04-2003, 07:35 PM
just found out that the problem is with a badly installed sound card

however there was no problem before installing k-lite codec pack?? i'm not sure about this....

VB
12-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by nuclear hawk@3 December 2003 - 17:21
what is this regsvr32 quartz.dll
looks like too long for a single file name. it also has non-executable extension
regsvr32 quartz.dll starts the program regsvr32.exe with the parameter quartz.dll