PDA

View Full Version : Warning About Class Ski Resort Tycoon

TenBrightSPikes
02-12-2003, 08:30 PM
The file "Ski Resort Tycoon" has been listed on a few verified posts, but it is a "virri". Basicly the game doesnt work, then when you un-install it deletes the entire drive it was installed on. Im in the process of trying to recover :( It sucks. So, watch out for it. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :unsure:

imported_opxmagik
02-12-2003, 08:32 PM
that sucks :( do you not use any virus protection software? If not, i suggest using something like Nortaons 2003, or maybe McAffe?

TenBrightSPikes
02-12-2003, 08:42 PM
its not a real virus. the uninstall is just set to delete the entire drive when you uninstall. so NAV wouldent catch it, since technically its not a virus :blink:

sillimander
02-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Geez! Anyone else tested this to make sure? Maybe someone could unplug thier main hard drive and plug in an oldie full of crap and do an experiment?

I downloaded the file just yesterday. I'm glad I haven't tried installing it yet. I also take files out of my shared folder after downloading so I can check them before spreading them further. If they're bad files I don't share them. If they're good, I put them back. I'm glad it wasn't in there long, although it was in there a couple of hours because I'd gone shopping and it finished while I was gone. A few people downloaded it. Crap, now I feel bad. :(

jetje
02-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by TenBrightSPikes@12 February 2003 - 20:42
its not a real virus. the uninstall is just set to delete the entire drive when you uninstall. so NAV wouldent catch it, since technically its not a virus :blink:
How many times did you install it?? So why are you sure it is in the uninstaller and nothing else went wrong? just being curious. B)