PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions About RED

crazodc
11-22-2020, 04:12 PM
1- PTP's former recruiting post in RED is said to requiring "no collector", this confuses me...how does tracker know if applicant is collector? If they can't know, doesn't this requiring equal to saying nothing? If they know, HOW? (tracker can hack our computer?) Besides, what's the definition? when first joined Tracker World years ago, I did collect a lot, but later I got bored so have stopped joining more sites. but those old accounts I still login now and then to avoid inactivity. am I collector then?

2- Anything good in Elite forum and TM forum on RED? I can access invite forum already. so if there's nothing valuable on those higher class forum, then needless to spend more time ranking up more higher for me....

3- Any tips on how to use RED's token? On what torrents, what occasions and how they can be best used for the sake of ratio?

anon
11-23-2020, 04:19 AM
1- PTP's former recruiting post in RED is said to requiring "no collector", this confuses me...how does tracker know if applicant is collector?

Well, I'm sure they could look up the name, IP and e-mail of an applicant on their shared user database, then check how many accounts are associated with them and how active they've been. However, I don't expect them to actually do that; in all likelihood, this "rule" only outlines expected behavior and is not actually enforced. And as you said, the term collector is hazy to define in the first place.

2- Anything good in Elite forum and TM forum on RED?

No, don't worry about it. But if you ever do get access, make sure to have tried a lot of drugs and had as many romantic failures as possible so that you fit right in :happy:

3- Any tips on how to use RED's token?

Freeleech tokens were devised during the What.cd days, to solve the problem of the tracker effectively getting DDoSed by the huge increase in activity during a global freeleech event. If there is an anticipated album you manage to catch in time, you could use a token to grab the FLAC version and get as much upload as possible without having added any download in the process... the main idea, however, is using them to grab stuff you like without worsening your ratio, simple as that. ;)

soulreaper
11-25-2020, 04:48 AM
RED LOL...Just get Spotify mang, don't bother with their crazy ratio requirements. Can't get any upload on these music sites.

anon
11-25-2020, 08:55 AM
RED just gave everyone 50 freeleech tokens as part of their birthday celebrations, so go nuts and download all those bookmarked FLAC albums you couldn't get before! :w00t:

IdolEyes787
11-25-2020, 01:31 PM
I let my RED membership be disabled for lack of activity. To soulreaper's point, I think music trackers suffer from a small percentage of members being absolute music fanatics but in a very pretentious sort of way. Most of humanity just wants to download a song that makes them feel good and doesn't give a shit that John Rockstar used a Fender Sunburst on his 1958 album that he recorded at Blowme Studios in Austin Texas.

shaina
11-25-2020, 02:45 PM
RED just gave everyone 50 freeleech tokens as part of their birthday celebrations, so go nuts and download all those bookmarked FLAC albums you couldn't get before! :w00t:

I didn't use RED?? But i just downloaded the new ACDC release, i think:unsure:

thewho
11-25-2020, 05:05 PM
I let my RED membership be disabled for lack of activity. To soulreaper's point, I think music trackers suffer from a small percentage of members being absolute music fanatics but in a very pretentious sort of way. Most of humanity just wants to download a song that makes them feel good and doesn't give a shit that John Rockstar used a Fender Sunburst on his 1958 album that he recorded at Blowme Studios in Austin Texas.

I cant agree more

IdolEyes787
11-25-2020, 09:51 PM
RED just gave everyone 50 freeleech tokens as part of their birthday celebrations..... The fact that the phrase "nothing in life is free" is used in dog training should tell you something. A reward for your continuing subservience. Cool. Given the choice I'd rather fight the motherfuckers for the tokens.

megabyteme
11-26-2020, 03:02 AM
RED just gave everyone 50 freeleech tokens as part of their birthday celebrations..... The fact that the phrase "nothing in life is free" is used in dog training should tell you something. A reward for your continuing subservience. Cool. Given the choice I'd rather fight the motherfuckers for the tokens.

I see the scars of no one ever inviting you to a birthday party run deep.

anon
11-26-2020, 04:04 AM
I let my RED membership be disabled for lack of activity. To soulreaper's point, I think music trackers suffer from a small percentage of members being absolute music fanatics but in a very pretentious sort of way.

The fact that the phrase "nothing in life is free" is used in dog training should tell you something. A reward for your continuing subservience.

I'm not exactly their most active member (or even among the Top 1000), but I keep my account alive for a simple reason: they're great for rare stuff and the occasional rip upgrade, and the required ratio system plus freeleech tokens make them superb for this sort of casual usage. The pretentiousness is there, but if it leads to people uploading the stuff I was looking for, then no complaints. Oh, and my activity or lack thereof clearly proves your second argument to be bollocks :P

I was also on Orpheus and NotWhat.CD, but let my accounts die. OPS either never had what I was looking for, or it was unseeded; NWCD honors its name by having a ridiculously small amount of users and torrents.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2020, 12:45 PM
I see the scars of no one ever inviting you to a birthday party run deep. No one invited me only because they knew I would kill them and keep their presents.:snooty:

crazodc
12-02-2020, 10:35 PM
I'm not used to spamming board using thank u post, but also not used to no response after my ask-for-help post getting answered. so thank u everyone.

anon
12-03-2020, 06:27 PM
And you even got to know our retired staff a bit better, so it's a win-win :rod:

Caballero
12-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Getting to know idol is a win?

IdolEyes787
12-03-2020, 08:14 PM
In my defense, I simply extrapolated using the data collected from the OP's and similarly minded members posts and took pre-emptive action assuming the high probability on how this would all play out. Not my fault I went to university. :snooty:

I don't know. Maybe you should ask your Mum.

Caballero
12-03-2020, 08:22 PM
She just made a sad face, slowly shook her head and expressed her utter disappointment.

So I'll take that as a no.

anon
12-03-2020, 08:51 PM

In a "without evil, good wouldn't exist" sort of way.

IdolEyes787
12-03-2020, 09:33 PM
She just made a sad face, slowly shook her head and expressed her utter disappointment.

I can live with that.

soulreaper
12-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Just to give you an idea of how hard it is to get any upload unless you upload torrents, I've been seeding about 20-30 torrents since May this year and I have uploaded 0 bytes. 0 LOL. I bet would've had 50 gb of seed points by now. Most are casual users like me I assume who don't have much to upload but can only seed the stuff they download. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. I guess for users who can't upload torrents, it's a giant hit n run site.

anon
12-14-2020, 06:51 PM
I've been seeding about 20-30 torrents since May this year and I have uploaded 0 bytes. 0 LOL.

Your required ratio must be really low, though :mushy:

Most are casual users like me I assume who don't have much to upload but can only seed the stuff they download. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work.

You can get away with downloading a lot as long as you seed everything, and they're always shotgunning you with freeleech tokens. For a casual user who doesn't care about reaching higher user classes, getting invites and such, I'd say this actually works and very well... I would know, I am one.

soulreaper
12-15-2020, 03:29 AM
Your required ratio must be really low, though :mushy:

Most are casual users like me I assume who don't have much to upload but can only seed the stuff they download. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work.

You can get away with downloading a lot as long as you seed everything, and they're always shotgunning you with freeleech tokens. For a casual user who doesn't care about reaching higher user classes, getting invites and such, I'd say this actually works and very well... I would know, I am one.

Ya I mean once you reach the min required ratio limit, you can't download anymore so that basically means its effectively a DDL site disguised as a torrent site cause you can't upload a byte even if you want to.

As far as FL tokens go, those are given once maybe twice a year. Can't wait that long to download stuff and the tokens aren't enough if you want to discover new genres of music or collages.

soulreaper
12-15-2020, 03:44 AM

Take a look at these stats. 85 TB? 74 TB? Why should normal users suffer because of such hoarders? Why would anyone require a 50 TB buffer on a music site? This isn't a fair economy, its basically capitalism at play where the person with the fastest internet wins and the others have to settle for scraps.

anon
12-16-2020, 02:16 AM
As far as FL tokens go, those are given once maybe twice a year. Can't wait that long to download stuff and the tokens aren't enough if you want to discover new genres of music or collages.

Yesterday, they gave all users 56 tokens. Last month everyone got 50. I always have at least a dozen whenever I login, and they're not from merit/badges as my activity there is almost non-existent. If this isn't enough, you can bookmark what you want and bide your time until they shower you with more.

Take a look at these stats. 85 TB? 74 TB? Why should normal users suffer because of such hoarders? Why would anyone require a 50 TB buffer on a music site?

Unfortunately, seedbox whoring is not a problem unique to RED. And I agree that all the traffic amounts on that screenshot reach douchebaggery levels - no one could listen to so much music within their lifetime, even if it was all 24-bit FLAC. Anyway, other trackers try to level the playing field with bonus points and freeleech. RED has few torrents that are freeleech (for everyone) and no bonus points, but at least there's FL tokens, required ratio, and everyone can upload.