PDA

View Full Version : Mystery?

TheGatherer
11-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Has anyone ever had there own Username and Files turn up in the Search Window? I have and I just thought id ask: Is it Normal or do I have a problem?

Autumn Fox
11-30-2003, 12:12 AM
Users names aren't unique so anyone can use them and you might be sharing the same files as the other guy.

firefox
11-30-2003, 03:21 AM
you know with so many users online over 4 million, you would think that we could all make our user name unique so no one else would use it. :lol: Sorry not possible, some one in this world is going to match your name. http://www.mackfam.com/pat.gif

MUSLEMAN
11-30-2003, 03:25 AM
roflmao, not possible boss

TheGatherer
11-30-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm telling u guys it was me not sum1 else with the same name! it was exactly the same files down 2 the descriptions!

MUSLEMAN
11-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 10:01
I'm telling u guys it was me not sum1 else with the same name! it was exactly the same files down 2 the descriptions!
listen there is no way you can see your own files in klite

unlesshttp://www.klboard.ath.cx/html/emoticons/sorcerer.gifhttp://www.klboard.ath.cx/html/emoticons/sorcerer.gif

Autumn Fox
11-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 15:01
I don't think that that's a big problem, don't worry about it unless it's casues d/l problems.

shooZh
12-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I experienced something similar... (I'm very new with this, so correct if I'm a bit ignorant--->) I tried to go to the website throught kazzalite web-window, clicked the "home! button up in the right, and suddenly I got a list of ALL my files in sharefolder. Didn't understand that. How come? Is it supposed to be that way?

The same happened when I entered throught the IE and tried to open up grokster.com site. HUH? Is this normal???

Barbarossa
12-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by shooZh@1 December 2003 - 11:33
I experienced something similar... (I'm very new with this, so correct if I'm a bit ignorant--->) I tried to go to the website throught kazzalite web-window, clicked the "home! button up in the right, and suddenly I got a list of ALL my files in sharefolder. Didn't understand that. How come? Is it supposed to be that way?

The same happened when I entered throught the IE and tried to open up grokster.com site. HUH? Is this normal???
This happens when you're using port 80 as an alternative to incoming traffic in kazaalite, AND you navigate to a website whch is defined in your HOSTS file to redirect to 127.0.0.1 (your localhost)

Barbarossa
12-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 13:01
There's a very small chance of this happening occasionally.

If you're on a supernode your files are indexed there.. If you change supernodes to one that is also fairly local, and then do a search it can sometimes pick up your filenames from your old supernode before it has refreshed.

Nothing to worry about. ;)

camille
12-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Atumn Fox@30 November 2003 - 08:12
Users names aren't unique so anyone can use them and you might be sharing the same files as the other guy.
I agree with you, it happened to me before.

TheGatherer
12-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Well it happend 2 me twice in 1 week but it was about 6 months ago now. so i just thought id mention it :D

shooZh
12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa+1 December 2003 - 13:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 1 December 2003 - 13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shooZh@1 December 2003 - 11:33
I experienced something similar... (I'm very new with this, so correct if I'm a bit ignorant--->) I tried to go to the website throught kazzalite web-window, clicked the "home! button up in the right, and suddenly I got a list of ALL my files in sharefolder. Didn't understand that. How come? Is it supposed to be that way?&nbsp;

This happens when you're using port 80 as an alternative to incoming traffic in kazaalite, AND you navigate to a website whch is defined in your HOSTS file to redirect to 127.0.0.1 (your localhost) [/b][/quote]
Thanx for answer!

But:

Does it mean I must disable the port 80... and can I use ANY other port instead of 1214?

Another problem I have:

I had kazaalite ++ ver 2.4.2 and upgraded to ver. 2.4.3 But nothing is different with the new one. It's the same, and the only difference is that in "about" it says ver. 2.4.3. build date 24-09-2003.

The same happened to the newer kazupernodes... the latest version is not installed when I open the tools menu on kazaalite++.

Thanx and sorry if this are stupid questions (I have read the faq)...

:-)

Barbarossa
12-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by shooZh@1 December 2003 - 12:51

Does it mean I must disable the port 80... and can I use ANY other port instead of 1214?

No... you don&#39;t have to do anything... :blink:

If you are trying to get to the websites, you need to remove the entries for them in your Hosts file. Just use any text editor such as Notepad.

Oh, and you can use any port you like it&#39;s up to you, try not to use port numbers below 1024 though as these are more likely to be reserved for something else.

MUSLEMAN
12-02-2003, 08:36 AM
i thought he said he saw himself and his files in the search window of klite???

apples
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Same thing happened to me i was surfing the web and happened to come across a website that had all my files from my shared folder... i had just installed kazaa lite so i thought it must be that, i moved the shared folder to another location and those files were now on the net. It just has my files names and the size next to em and you can download them, can i only see it or am i in danger of getting heaps of pple uploading from me.

Sorry im n00b so sorry for the n00b questions :unsure:

Barbarossa
12-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+2 December 2003 - 07:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 2 December 2003 - 07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i thought he said he saw himself and his files in the search window of klite??? [/b]
Yeah, the original guy did, this is a different guy with a different problem&#33; :blink:

<!--QuoteBegin-apples@2 December 2003 - 09:29
can i only see it or am i in danger of getting heaps of pple uploading from me.&nbsp; [/quote]

No, only you can see it, you&#39;re in no danger&#33; :)

apples
12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
ta for that collinmacc just needed sum reasurance :D

TheGatherer
12-03-2003, 02:05 PM
It was me that see&#39;s myself in the search window with all my files&#33; But it hasnt happend in ages now and it was with a previous version of K-Lite so it probly wont ever happen again.