PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic

shoutman
11-30-2003, 04:03 AM
Hey,
i made a program with visual basic and i saved and all is fine but how ca i save it so it will open by itself, when i open it, it opens up in visual basic. How can i just get it to open as itself?

Darth Sushi
11-30-2003, 04:07 AM
Are you opening the source file?

bob_the_alien
11-30-2003, 04:26 AM
You have to compile the code, and create an .exe file. You must be using the full version of Visual Basic though; the trial or student editions won't compile the code.

shn
11-30-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by bob_the_alien@29 November 2003 - 22:26
You have to compile the code, and create an .exe file. You must be using the full version of Visual Basic though; the trial or student editions won't compile the code.

a .exe or executable is automatically created when you hit F5 or run the app from within the solution exporer window. You should have the .sln, .vb, .exe, and a few others I think.

And it doesnt matter which version, full or not, you can still build (compile) ms apps written in vb.

I think you have it confused with the visual studio suite where you have to have the full version in order to compile apps that are written in c, visual c, c++ or any other oop language besides vb.

shoutman
11-30-2003, 06:53 AM
well i got the full version anyway, so how do i compile the code into an exe?

Xilo
11-30-2003, 06:58 AM
If you are using Visual Basic 6.0:
File > Make projectname.exe...

If you are using Visual Basic .Net:
Build > Build Solution

shoutman
11-30-2003, 07:06 AM
cool thanks :D

bob_the_alien
11-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by shn@29 November 2003 - 23:39
a .exe or executable is automatically created when you hit F5 or run the app from within the solution exporer window. You should have the .sln, .vb, .exe, and a few others I think.

And it doesnt matter which version, full or not, you can still build (compile) ms apps written in vb.

I think you have it confused with the visual studio suite where you have to have the full version in order to compile apps that are written in c, visual c, c++ or any other oop language besides vb.

You maybe correct, I’m not sure,
Cuz I no longer have the app, I’m using VB6 now.

It's been awhile now since I had the class, but the vb book I was using in class came with a student edition, and you could not create a executable with that edition. This caused me promptly to download VB off the net.

And since I sold that book back, with the cd, I have no idea if it was Visual Studio or Visual basic.