PDA

View Full Version : Someone Pllease Help

laxpimpj
02-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Ive tried downloading three of the same exact rips of the original half life. It is the one listed in the verified section of k-lite.tk. For some reason when i double click the file and unzip it onto my hardrive, the unzipped install button gives me an error. I have windoze xp... could that be the problem. Please help me if u have experieced simmilar difficulties or know what i am doing wrong. Perhaps the file should be removed from the verified section.
Thanks in advance

"The Avatar Man"
02-13-2003, 03:19 PM
I think you have to get the update from the official sierra site cause the version you have is incompatible with xp.

dwightfry
02-13-2003, 03:33 PM
I don't the problem is the compatablitiy with XP, it sounds like somebody corrupted the file and it got shared. Just a guess though.

cfore1
02-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry@13 February 2003 - 16:33
I don't the problem is the compatablitiy with XP, it sounds like somebody corrupted the file and it got shared. Just a guess though.
i agree. don't think XP or any OS would have a problem with something like that. gotta be a corrupt installer

laxpimpj
02-13-2003, 08:46 PM
the strange thing is though, the file i downloaded, had like 128 other people with the same file, why would so many people have a corrupt file?

ProwL418
02-13-2003, 08:47 PM
find me in the chat room and i can help u get a legitimate copy

Spindulik
02-13-2003, 08:47 PM
OKAY! Tonight (and only tonight) I will post a working ISO of HALFLIFE in my "My shared Files". It does work, in XP. It is a full disk. Hope you have cable or DSL.

You'll know it is from me, because I will put the word 'DELANORE' in the description. Search for it around 2:00am EST USA.

I will post as an ISO, unless you want me to rename it as an EXE, for easier searching.

laxpimpj
02-13-2003, 08:56 PM
do i hit irc to get to the chat

laxpimpj
02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
ya go ahead and put in exe, unless u can explain how to search for isos
Thanks alot

laxpimpj
02-13-2003, 09:02 PM
spindulk, what is ur port so i can get on it/

Spindulik
02-14-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by laxpimpj@13 February 2003 - 22:02
spindulk, what is ur port so i can get on it/
I have no idea what my port is, or how to get it.

If it is my ISP, or the dedicated server number, unique to me. Then I will literally be telling everyone here what to do, to access my computer, thus revealing the few shared files that I have. Then anyone with ambition can hack into my computer. The GOV can bust me for sharing files etc...

----------------

Let me know what this port thing is and I will see what I can do.

Spindulik
02-14-2003, 02:09 AM
It will be posted as an EXE file.

---Sorry, no hashes until the verifieds situation is resolved---

Until I hear differently. It will be available. Remember Key word is Delanore.

And if anyone 18 or older is intereste in Bubble Girl vids look for:
QT clips(1)
QT clips(2)
QT clips(3)
QT clips(4)
All are zipped and compressed. About 40 clips per ZIP file.