PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza

BIG2000
11-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey yall. This forum is for you to share experinces tips and hints on shareaza. I have only just begun using it myself so am inexperienced on the best ways to use this program.

How do you secure a constant connection? I seem to DL small aomounts then cut off to show the sign "ACTIVE'...whats exactly is active when Im not DL anything.

How do you secure a decent speed? On dial-up I cannot reach speeds much faster then 4-5kbs if lucky. USually 900 bps.

OH well. Use it and hopefully we can build up a decent resource for folks like myself>

3rd gen noob
11-30-2003, 11:58 PM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=40 :)

BIG2000
12-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Yo noob whats up with that address..its no help to me and seems a dead link. INfo???

3rd gen noob
12-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BIG2000@30 November 2003 - 23:03
Yo noob whats up with that address..its no help to me and seems a dead link. INfo???
never mind :)

Autumn Fox
12-01-2003, 12:05 AM
This forum is for you to share experinces tips and hints on shareaza This is Kazaa Lite forum :o :lol:

Mr. Blunt
12-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by BIG2000@30 November 2003 - 16:03
The link works for me. ;)

Jay
12-01-2003, 06:56 AM
have u tried to post in the shareaza forms, i'm sure they can help u with all your problems

muchspl2
12-01-2003, 07:36 AM
whats up with shareaza and BT files?
is it proprietory, I tried shareaza again, but it was on a torrent I had already download some of, it didn't recognized it and completely started over

RealitY
12-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@30 November 2003 - 23:36
whats up with shareaza and BT files?
is it proprietory, I tried shareaza again, but it was on a torrent I had already download some of, it didn't recognized it and completely started over
I think so...

WRFan
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza's got their own forums, don't they? then go there and talk about it there. next thing we see is somebody starting bittorrent topics all over the place. this is a fasttrack forum, I don't come here to talk about senseless crap like gnutella.

Johnny_B
12-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 21:10
next thing we see is somebody starting bittorrent topics all over the place.
Bittorrent topics are all over the place. :rolleyes:

And gnutella2 is not crap.
Gnutella2 is the p2p network with the most features and has similar content as the ed2k network. It just has a small community compared to others. ;)

BIG2000
12-01-2003, 11:33 PM
ANIMOSITY will get you no where. There are people in this world to concern with trivial matters while wars continue outside thier windows.

Yes there are Shareaza forums. Whats wrong with sharing knowledge and information. Shareaza, upart from having verified files is shite, slow and annoying. THe only reason I am using it is because the latest 500mb file I got from K-lite was corrupted and I had to reformat my computer.

For those who use abuse in this forum, take a deep breath and think. Is it really all that bad?

Mr. Blunt
12-02-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 14:10
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza's got their own forums, don't they? then go there and talk about it there. next thing we see is somebody starting bittorrent topics all over the place. this is a fasttrack forum, I don't come here to talk about senseless crap like gnutella.
Haha! Poor noob!

Johnny_B shut you down right there. Open your eyes and look around. Who said this is only a FastTrack forum? Yes it's mainly FT, but we do have a section were you can talk about other networks. Have you ever seen the "Other Related P2P Program Discussions (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=40)" part of this board?

You need to look around before you start telling people shit. :rolleyes:

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 23:10
pfff

WTF, this is considered a p2p fourm
,e and everyone else will use it as such, don't like it, leave

camille
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Klite++ is better than Shareaza. It has few sources. I deleted that program already. Why not stick to one P2P program.

RealitY
12-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2+1 December 2003 - 19:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 1 December 2003 - 19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WRFan@1 December 2003 - 23:10
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza&#39;s got their own forums, don&#39;t they? then go there and talk about it there. next thing we see is somebody starting bittorrent topics all over the place. this is a fasttrack forum, I don&#39;t come here to talk about senseless crap like gnutella.
pfff

WTF, this is considered a p2p fourm
,e and everyone else will use it as such, don&#39;t like it, leave [/b][/quote]
Or send that MUCHkey after you...
:P :P

N£MO
12-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 22:10
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza&#39;s got their own forums, don&#39;t they? then go there and talk about it there. next thing we see is somebody starting bittorrent topics all over the place. this is a fasttrack forum, I don&#39;t come here to talk about senseless crap like gnutella.
http://www.idea-inc.com/~bee/downmoo/images/stfu3.jpg

zinc1
12-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Yeh KLite is great ,have you tried downloadsing any new movies recently.
At least with other programmes such as Shza,BT,Mirc you know what you&#39;re downloading. :D :lol: :rolleyes:

aserty
12-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by camille@2 December 2003 - 10:32
Klite++ is better than Shareaza. It has few sources. I deleted that program already. Why not stick to one P2P program.
Because each network has advantages and disadvantages. I personally use Shareaza and Kazaa-lite because I got tired of fakes on FT but sometimes there are rare files that I can only get off of it.

fusion explorer
12-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BIG2000@30 November 2003 - 23:56
How do you secure a constant connection? I seem to DL small aomounts then cut off to show the sign "ACTIVE&#39;...whats exactly is active when Im not DL anything.

How do you secure a decent speed? On dial-up I cannot reach speeds much faster then 4-5kbs if lucky. USually 900 bps.

u cant really secure a connection....it all depends on the ppl your downloading off(there upload settings) you can check your upload settings to see
how much/how fast/how long ppl can upload from you.
to do this click...tools
shareaza settings
upload
&#39;active&#39; means.. the file is connected to someone but has to wait its turn b4 downloading:(

jackc
12-28-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 22:10
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza&#39;s got their own forums, don&#39;t they? then go there and talk about it there.
[QUOTE]

But if I am not mistaken, this topic category is named "KL Board -> Filesharing, Clients & Tools -> Shereaza", or isn&#39;t it? :rolleyes: The fact that it belongs to a K-Lite forum means nothing: We are all K-Lite users, yet we can discuss about other things as well, can&#39;t we? :)

Shereaza is a very good P2P client: Not only is the G2 network excellent (with the small number of users as its only significant drawback), but Raza also supports many other important networks too, such as ed2k, BT, and even the oldie-goldie Gnutella. It is a feature-rich app, and the most important thing about it, is that the notion of corrupt or fake d/ls simply doesn&#39;t exist with Raza.

Yet, K-Lite (and FT for that matter) is still superior in one major aspect: Speed. D/ls with Raza are totally frustrating; I have an ADSL 384/128 connection, and I usually get speeds around 2-5 KB/s&#33;&#33;&#33; (In K-Lite 20-25 KB/s is the norm, and for popular files I might get 30+). This is why I have them both in my PC: K-Lite for speed, Raza for availability of sources and safety.

Kevo
12-29-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by jackc+28 December 2003 - 18:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jackc @ 28 December 2003 - 18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WRFan@1 December 2003 - 22:10
why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza&#39;s got their own forums, don&#39;t they? then go there and talk about it there.
Shereaza is a very good P2P client: Not only is the G2 network excellent (with the small number of users as its only significant drawback), but Raza also supports many other important networks too, such as ed2k, BT, and even the oldie-goldie Gnutella. It is a feature-rich app, and the most important thing about it, is that the notion of corrupt or fake d/ls simply doesn&#39;t exist with Raza.

Yet, K-Lite (and FT for that matter) is still superior in one major aspect: Speed. D/ls with Raza are totally frustrating; I have an ADSL 384/128 connection, and I usually get speeds around 2-5 KB/s&#33;&#33;&#33; (In K-Lite 20-25 KB/s is the norm, and for popular files I might get 30+). This is why I have them both in my PC: K-Lite for speed, Raza for availability of sources and safety. [/b][/quote]
Good point, P2P networks are too spread out, it would be nice in a way to have all the best features on one client with tons of users. of course this&#39;ll never happen and it&#39;ll be easier for the **AA to stop it :frusty:. So, the best way to get the best of P2P is probably to use more than one client.