PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2 Installation

Salim
12-01-2003, 02:33 AM
I just got max payne 2 from my cuzin and tried to install it but it gets like half way then i get an error. It says Component transfer error Component: Main, File group: main, File: F:\data2.cab Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check) My cuzin said it worked for him but why not for me. Then he told me that he went to suprnnova and downloaded max payne 2 cd 1 missing rars. I have a 56 k connection and cant download it. How would I install them anyway? Please help?!

Salim
12-01-2003, 05:24 AM
C'mon can anyone help me at all? Maybe its my cd drives? Cuz I just talked to my cuzin and he said he gave me the right cd's and that they worked for him cuz he played it. Can anyone give any tips?

Monkeee
12-01-2003, 05:26 AM
maby you guys like scratched it crazy and got it corrupted :P

Salim
12-01-2003, 05:57 AM
No, there are no scratches on the cd's at all. I think this is the uncut one cuz the first one he got he said it didnt work so he got this one, but how in the world does it work for him and not me and my pc is better too. I duno I'm so mad. Maybe it had like a one time use thing or something. I told him to download me another one but how do i know that one will work? and Which is the reall Max payne 2 on suprnova?

BawA
12-01-2003, 07:19 AM
this all about fake games, some times they work and some times they dont but i allways mount them

make image file from the cd and mount them on HDD then install it

if u dont know about images then cheak Pinned topic or go Here (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72415)

[P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
12-01-2003, 08:41 AM
it doesn't matter how better the computer is, its mostly the hardware that backs it. Lets say, you have a 2.4 ghz p4 processor with 256 mb ram. and i have a 1.7 ghz p4 processor with 1 gb ram. which would be the better one? tough decision. but, i bet you that it just the cd reader. try making your temp folder a bit bigger. and also, try just putting his cd reader in place of yours, and see what happends.

Salim
12-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Well I have a pentium 4 3.0ghz, 160gb hard drive, 1gb pc-3200 ddr ram dvd player and a dvdrw and a cdrw in one. With a 128mb geforcefx 5200. My cuzin has a 1.7ghz, 512mb, and 80gb hardrive with a cdrw and dvd player. He has a hewlet packard. I have a Sony Viao. I cant take his cd reader cuz he lives 2 hours away and i only see him on vacations. And he wouldnt let me do that anyway. How would I increase my temp folder? Dam I widh I could play Max payne 2, I'm thinkin about buyin it but duno. He burned me call of duty and at least that installed and works awesome but I still want max payne! I dont think it would have this error if I bought it but you know there goes like 40 bucks i dont have.

ahmed123
12-02-2003, 02:13 AM
Nothing anyone? I duno anymore.

ss87monte
12-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Q: I get an CRC error during installation OR
Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:\program files\max payne2\MP2_*.ras doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."
Try disabling DMA on your CD-ROM drive. Here is how:

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel
Double-click the System icon in the System Properties dialog box.
Select the Device Manager tab. Click the + plus sign next to the cd-rom icon.
Double-click the icon for your cd-rom drive.
Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.
You probably will have to restart your computer after doing this.

Salim
12-04-2003, 11:57 PM
There is no settings tab in the cd drive area and no dma check box either, I have windows xp.

DWk
12-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01
Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:\program files\max payne2\MP2_*.ras doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel
Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.
why the :swear: are you telling him to disable DMA?

tsk tsk :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Salim
12-05-2003, 12:16 AM
I cant disable it any way. I'm getin to think that the cd is scratched somehow. Cuz I have had other scratched games like call of duty and they installed fine. It must be the only option since it worked for my cuzin before he gave it to me. I asked him to download me another copy of max payne 2, and he is getin the devience one cuz thats the only devience one that has more people the rest of the devience have only one person. I think it is 1478mb or somethin like that, is that the one with missing rars? I duno how it will ever finish cuz his pc keeps restarting every 10 to 20 minutes! I really want to play this game! Not fair he got to play it and didnt even finish it!

ss87monte
12-05-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by DWk+5 December 2003 - 00:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 5 December 2003 - 00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01
Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:&#092;program files&#092;max payne2&#092;MP2_*.ras doesn&#39;t match the file in the setup&#39;s cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."

Go to Start&#092;Settings&#092;Control Panel

tsk tsk :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: [/b][/quote]
Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere

DWk
12-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ss87monte+5 December 2003 - 00:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ss87monte @ 5 December 2003 - 00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DWk@5 December 2003 - 00:00
<!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01
Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:&#092;program files&#092;max payne2&#092;MP2_*.ras doesn&#39;t match the file in the setup&#39;s cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."

Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere [/b][/quote]
tsk tsk..... yea thats prolly why ur post count is 10.....

Salim
12-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Its alright I cant disable it cuz I dont have it anyway. This must be for other windows versions.

DWk
12-05-2003, 08:42 PM
if u disable dma ur computer would probably go REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Salim
12-05-2003, 09:51 PM
How do I disable it any way? Would it stay slow forever or until I enable it again?

cwctv
12-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Next time he cuts a disc for you ask him to cut very slow this can have an effert on other machines too ,too many ppl cut too fast then another machine can&#39;t read it correctly.

Salim
12-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I duno what you mean by cutting? He didnt actually cut it with a knife, And he didnt scratch it on purpose, maybe it wont transfer the file cuz it just got messed up somehow on its own?

ss87monte
12-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by DWk+5 December 2003 - 14:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 5 December 2003 - 14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ss87monte@5 December 2003 - 00:09

Originally posted by DWk@5 December 2003 - 00:00
<!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01

Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere
tsk tsk..... yea thats prolly why ur post count is 10..... [/b][/quote]
And this is why yours is 1,000 you spaming troll. From this point on, please do not reply to me. Christ, I hate little kids like these. :angry:

ricochet
12-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Salim@5 December 2003 - 22:25
I duno what you mean by cutting? He didnt actually cut it with a knife, And he didnt scratch it on purpose, maybe it wont transfer the file cuz it just got messed up somehow on its own?
He means to burn the image at the slowest speed possible. That works for ps2 games burnt to a dvd but I dont know about a pc game because its burnt to a cd.

Salim
12-07-2003, 05:11 AM
It couldnt be cuz he never messes witht the burn speeds so it must of goten messes on its own&#33; Dam I wish I could play it&#33;

ricochet
12-08-2003, 02:26 AM
You can download it from Here (http://www.sharereactor.com/release.php?id=6978) nand burn it yourself. Or install it using daemon tools... This way you got a good copy. :)