PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Audio Files

HardyGirlAtHeart
02-13-2003, 02:33 AM
Hi guys... I've been using Kazaa for quite some time now. However, lately when I've been downloading music files I've been having some problems. It seems that on almost every song I download, there's an annoying beeping or swishy (for lack of a better adjective) sound about 30 seconds or a minute into the song. What is it doing there and how can I avoid going through TONS of downloads only to find they all have this problem? Help would be much appreciated! Thanks a million!

~Morgan~

Ad
02-13-2003, 03:22 AM
well ive had that ecact same problem with a group called Seether all most of the songs i got had a frigin beep as well

do u listen to the track before u download the whole thing??

if u hear the beep 30 seconds in after previewing it just cancel it

The reason for the beeps is probally fake files are that damm RIAA tampering with us

vivitron 15
02-13-2003, 04:21 PM
hello and welcome.

When you search for a track, click on th eauto find more sources button, and let it run for a bit...this way you'll get hundereds of results. Sort them by "user" and scroll to the middle (where the numbers end, and single users begin) and pick off the result with the most results for that track. Click the little + and scan through, to make sure that noone has renamed the file ***DODGY*** or anything like that and download it.

The theory is that if like 600 people have the track on their pc, then it's likely to be a good one.

:P :P

Supernatural
02-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Audio rips vary. Don't worry... There isn't anything wrong with your computer. I'm sure we have all experienced it. You get all psyched when you download a song you are dying to hear and it sounds terrible. Just delete it, and look for other versions. You'll find a good one eventually. :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Supernatural@13 February 2003 - 11:47
Audio rips vary. Don't worry... There isn't anything wrong with your computer. I'm sure we have all experienced it. You get all psyched when you download a song you are dying to hear and it sounds terrible. Just delete it, and look for other versions. You'll find a good one eventually.  :)
:D Yeah I will agree...eventually you will find it...just keep looking...use other Peer-to-Peer programs also.

HardyGirlAtHeart
02-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys... I was hoping there was some easier way to do it. Ah well, back to the drawing board I suppose! Thanks again!