PDA

View Full Version : Lcd Monitor/tv Combo

benitosan
12-01-2003, 03:22 AM
First on my wishlist is a 16x9 plasma TV but they're in the $4,000-$6,000 range so that's out for now.

The last time I was at Circuit City I saw a monitor/TV combo and the salesguy said LCD's won't fade, NASA or some gov. organization's been using LCD technology forever and it's stable and proven, etc. but then he's the saleguy, right? :P

The idea of dual-use TV kinda appeals to me.

Wondering if anyone has it or has watched movies or the puter screen for a length of time. Is it a Jack of 2 trades but master of none?

TheFilePirater
12-01-2003, 03:35 AM
lcd=space savers...they suck for gaming and i dont kno bout tv..the pixals dont turn on/off fast enough for gaming

Livy
12-01-2003, 03:39 AM
lcd also look blurry at anything but there proper resolution also, personally i like he look of crt better, and also what if your on the comp and want to watch tv. stick with a normal monitor,

benitosan
12-01-2003, 06:08 AM
If the LCD TV/Monitor is not good for games, does that apply with laptops too?

I have an ATI card so I think I can watch TV on the LCD like I'm doing with the CRT right now. Would this be correct?

Actually I was thinking about getting it for the TV part more than the monitor function. Though having a monitor function is a plus. Anyone know about the durability of LCD's though? I've heard mixed reports on plasma, that it may fade in time.