PDA

View Full Version : Edonkey, Emule, Or Overnet?

disenchanted
02-13-2003, 03:55 AM
Ok, I went to sharereactor.com and now I want to try sharing some of my quality rips with this community. However...
I Don't know which program I should I get? Please tell me a reason why I would prefer one over the other. Don't just say get "insert program here"

zapjb
02-13-2003, 05:32 AM
Where am I? Where am I? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
02-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Kazaa using the Klite version, just get it from the download page @ Startpage Klite (http://www.doa2.host.sk)

MagicNakor
02-14-2003, 12:18 AM
I think Overnet is the name of the network. eMule is more reliable/speedy than eDonkey, which really isn't saying much. :lol:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by zapjb@12 February 2003 - 21:32
Where am I? Where am I? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL, you high or something? JKJK
In order to share with this community then you have to get a form of Kazaa, preferably Kazaa Lite. If you want to share with other communities then get the program(s) they use.

J'Pol
02-14-2003, 12:27 AM
This post doesn't make sense.

What does sharereactor.com have to do with your quality rips.

If you want to share then please just do so. If you don't know how to then find out. It's not that difficult

If you are not allowed to and are just enticing people then that is entrapment.

Where I come from it is called AP, or agent provocateur (forgive the spelling) with a French accent.

Cheers

JimF

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-14-2003, 12:33 AM
It's either a way to advertise ShareReactor or its pure stupidity :lol:

J'Pol
02-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Shini

There is no need to advertise sharereactor. Most people who have found their way here already know what sharereactor is. Those who don't probably know what rip means.

Neither is it stupidity. It is calculated.

Not as bad as the post (elsewhere on this forum) which says something like if you are a UK resident then please tell me.

Cheers

JimF

N£MO
02-14-2003, 12:42 AM
disenchanted Posted on 13 February 2003 - 04:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I went to sharereactor.com and now I want to try sharing some of my quality rips with this community. However...
I Don't know which program I should I get? Please tell me a reason why I would prefer one over the other. Don't just say get "insert program here"

Nice to see that you live up to your name.... :lol: :lol:

disenchanted
02-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Ok, first of all I am not advertising sharereactor.com ---fuck off. I know how to share using KaZaA lite, I'm not a moron. I was saying that I want to share with the sharereactor community. The reason I brought my quality rips into the subject was because sharereactor is known for sharing good quality files. I'm simply looking for ways to share high quality files instead of downloading this KaZaA quality garbage.

Thanks and suck my balls,
Sean

SeK612
02-14-2003, 11:24 AM
If you want to share high qulaity files then get yourself a decent net connection find 50 or so gigs to share and downloads DC++ :)

SeK 612

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-14-2003, 11:49 AM
;) I consider this a file sharing community so I don't see nothing wrong with talking about other programs besides KazaaLite.

jetje
02-14-2003, 12:10 PM
FC the years behind you were not for nothing, you become a wise man.

Disenchanted, i don't understand exactly what you mean,
Share reactor is a release group, the are famous for hacks and releasing the newest stuff.
If you want to share just use one of the many p2p networking communities.
Like this one is for the Kazaa network or i don't know where for e-mule/e-donkey grokster ......
If you think your rips need to be published in share reastor just go to www.sharereactor.com (http://www.sharereactor.com) and try to contact them. Hope that if the verifieds on this board are back you still like to share the files with us B)

J'Pol
02-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Sean

The problem is you didn't say what you meant. Or at least the follow up post contradicted the original.

In the original you said I want to share my quality rips with this community. Since you were here (k-lite forum) then "this community" had to refer to the k-lite forum. Had you meant with the sharereactor community then you would have said "that community". We can only go by what you post, not what you intended to post.

As your follow up post makes more sense the answer is very simple. Get and install eMule or eDonkey. When you have set it up make your shared folder the same as the one you use for K-Lite. That way you are sharing in both communities, when the programs are running.

Why not also install Direct Connect and do the same thing. Then you are sharing in 3 communities.

Chhers

JimF

PS There really is no need for the attitude problem when you caused the confusion yourself.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-14-2003, 06:04 PM
:P You know we could solve this whole problem with our own Peer-to-Peer network.....developers get busy. :P

disenchanted
02-14-2003, 07:15 PM
I apologize for the confusion. I just don't like to be accused of spamming about sharereactor....

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by disenchanted@14 February 2003 - 14:15
I apologize for the confusion. I just don't like to be accused of spamming about sharereactor....
:D Its ok buddy...we all get accused of spaming around here. :D

DataMore
02-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+14 February 2003 - 19:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 14 February 2003 - 19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--disenchanted@14 February 2003 - 14:15
I apologize for the confusion. I just don&#39;t like to be accused of spamming about sharereactor....
:D Its ok buddy...we all get accused of spaming around here. :D [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

disenchanted
02-14-2003, 07:24 PM
I&#39;ve got 41 Albums ripped with EAC (Secure Mode) and encoded with LAME
all with preset Extreme except about 3 which would not fit on cd so for those I used standard. I also have a special peice of software for all the audiophreaks out there... Encspot Pro 2.1 Full Version. I&#39;m going to post all this when I get it all tagged, etc, etc....

J'Pol
02-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by disenchanted@14 February 2003 - 20:15
I apologize for the confusion. I just don&#39;t like to be accused of spamming about sharereactor....
[QUOTE]

Good Answer

Good Speech

Good Luck

Cheers

JimF

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by disenchanted@14 February 2003 - 14:24
I&#39;ve got 41 Albums ripped with EAC (Secure Mode) and encoded with LAME
all with preset Extreme except about 3 which would not fit on cd so for those I used standard. I also have a special peice of software for all the audiophreaks out there... Encspot Pro 2.1 Full Version. I&#39;m going to post all this when I get it all tagged, etc, etc....
:o There is a Encspot 2.1 out now...I still only have 2.0? :o

davoo
03-14-2003, 11:07 PM
get them all, its the only solution

davoo
03-14-2003, 11:09 PM
its the worlds best website
http://www.geocities.com/jared_smells/

disenchanted
04-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey davoo,
cool background music&#33; horrible webpage&#33;

thisiswhoweare
04-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I dont think sharereactor do albums, mainly because of the whole RIAA issue.

Colt Seevers
04-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@9 April 2003 - 22:21
I dont think sharereactor do albums, mainly because of the whole RIAA issue.
Did you look?

musicdonkey.org (http://www.varkoume.com/donkey//index.php)

musicdonkey.net (http://www.musicdonkey.net/)

No RIAA issue. ;)

thisiswhoweare
04-10-2003, 01:49 PM
yah i did, but those arent sharereactor sites.

http://www.sharereactor.com

Taken from the site:

"Features not to come
Sometimes we get suggestions for features that are not possible to implement. Be it technically impossible, causing tons of traffic, lots of stress on the server, or some other problems. What these features are, and why they are not taken, you can read here.

Feature Reason of rejection

Music section Wont be back until you find an attorney that wants to fight for me against the lobby representive here in switzerland, that will do this for free. If he can get it done, that they never ever bitch at me again, i will immediatly reactivate it. Until then, check the Music forums, they are visited well by users.

"

Champion
04-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by disenchanted@13 February 2003 - 04:55
I Don&#39;t know which program I&nbsp; should I get? Please tell me a reason why I would prefer one over the other. Don&#39;t just say get "insert program here"
Try "Shareaza (http://www.shareaza.com)". so you don&#39;t have to get all those programs..

With shareaza you can find or download content from Magnet, Gnutella or eDonkey2000(Edonkey and Emule) web links, such as those found at www.sharelive.com (http://www.sharelive.com), www.sharereactor.com (http://www.sharereactor.com), www.bitzi.com (http://www.bitzi.com) and more...

Colt Seevers
04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@10 April 2003 - 13:49
Taken from the site:

"Features not to come
Sometimes we get suggestions for features that are not possible to implement. Be it technically impossible, causing tons of traffic, lots of stress on the server, or some other problems. What these features are, and why they are not taken, you can read here.

Feature Reason of rejection

Music section Wont be back until you find an attorney that wants to fight for me against the lobby representive here in switzerland, that will do this for free. If he can get it done, that they never ever bitch at me again, i will immediatly reactivate it. Until then, check the Music forums, they are visited well by users.
Bit of a bummer, but those two sites should keep you going ;)

lazbabba
04-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Go the SR forum. There is music section as well, as adult, DVDrips, SVCD, manga, pc games, console games.
Newbies use the main page, old rats go the forum.
Thing are only posted on the SR main page when the files are well spread, many realases don&#39;t come to the mainpage at all...

Why am i telling you this.... the Forum is allready beeing slowed down, due to too many users :-?

KurtCocain
04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by disenchanted@13 February 2003 - 04:55
I Don&#39;t know which program I should I get? Please tell me a reason why I would prefer one over the other. Don&#39;t just say get "insert program here"
hey man, I am going to give u the answer that u need unlike all the other posts.

I would advise u to go ahead and download OVERNET is the best of three and the fastest. i myself use it and have had great results, great releases, great quality albums....

Ill c u up there..

Schmiggy_JK23
04-28-2003, 05:47 PM
ive used all three, at various times, and I myself prefer emule.... just seems faster, of the seemingly slow network at times.