PDA

View Full Version : Making Backup CDs of Games/Software

jowian
02-13-2003, 04:07 AM
Maybe this isn't the place for this but, if I have games or software on my hard drive and want to make a bootable/backup cd of this game or app to save hard disk space, how do I do this. :blink: Is there someone out there who has a link to a site or could post a step by step??
This may be too basic for the forum, but for newbies like me , if I could get this kind of info to help me get up to speed, Kazaa-Lite would be less cluttered with bad posts and stupid questions (like this, maybe??). :rolleyes:
Anyway, this is a GREAT site, and you guys that conceived and improved it, and continue to improve it, have given MILLIONS of us a way to share and enjoy a lot of music and games we wouldn't have otherwise be exposed to.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Ad
02-13-2003, 04:51 AM
first of all u need some sofware. what software are use using. I use Nero ;)

DARKSHADOW
02-13-2003, 06:57 AM
if u just want to backup your files to save space just open nero select compile new cd then data cd select your files then press burn baby burn!!!!!!!

Ad
02-13-2003, 07:01 AM
if u just want to backup your files to save space just open nero select compile new cd then data cd select your files then press burn baby burn!!!!!!!

thats not entirly true if his games and software are on CD he will want to do a copy of an image it all depends on what games and software he wants to back up so use CD copy if not the above as mentioned by darkshadow :)

DARKSHADOW
02-13-2003, 09:31 AM
adthomp
picky! picky!!its entirly true i quote jowian'I have games or software on my hard drive and want to make a bootable/backup cd of this game or app to save hard disk space,but if by the bootable part he means a single file 'game .iso etc then your right he sounld burn as an image

Supernatural
02-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Depends on what you want. Simply backing your data requires nothing more than a simple drag and drop and burn. To make your games and software bootable, you will need to make autorun cd's for each title. Any major burning software will help you do this. I prefer Roxio, but Nero is very good too.

DARKSHADOW
02-13-2003, 02:05 PM
to tell u the truth im not quite sure what Supernatural is on about any cd will autorun under windows just turn the autorun feature on in the acutal cd drives properties