PDA

View Full Version : Why Did You Remove Divx Anti-freeze In Codeck Pack

nuclear hawk
12-01-2003, 09:27 PM
That was dummest thing ever!!! I know that new codecs are pretty much stable and IN MOST cases divx anti-freeze isn't needed, even when there are problems with movie files, but...files that were fixed with divfix -they are the problem, couse windows media player stops playing them at fix-place if there is no anti-freeze (BSplayer playes but badly). Put divx antifreeze back on!

Kunal
12-01-2003, 10:35 PM
paul said it wasnt needed. i never used it even when it was in the pack, ive never had a problem :)

VB
12-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I will re-add it because it is not so big anyway.

nuclear hawk
12-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Well I saw other posts and i see something is seriously wrong with this codeck pack
However it might not be the anti-freeze, since file I was talking about is coded at Xvid.
Anyway-it stopes on a fix place at windows media player and goes on at BSplayer
with codeck pack 2.10 I could freely watch it at both. I cannot go back to 2.10-tried it-couse then when I try to open ANY of my movies I get a message that either media player doesn't have right codeck, or the file is corrupt
I can't put here any of the images I have collected from GSpot, since they are located on my hard drive and not on web, however Paul, if you give an e-mail to send them to, I'll do that
my e-mail is:
[email protected]

VB
12-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Try the 2.21 test version. That should fix it.

nuclear hawk
12-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Oh I sure will try it - yomorrow, already downloaded it
I'll send you a report.
Again is there any mail I can send it to, that way I'll be able to include visual info, or may be there is any way to post visual info here at this forum?

nuclear hawk
12-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Well Paul-I gave it a try-doesn't solve the problem

nuclear hawk
12-04-2003, 11:04 AM
I have also tried start->run->regsvr32 quartz.dll
didn't fix the problem either

ck-uk
12-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Mate , just find an image host or free host from around this forum,or google.Then use the image button at the top of your reply box,& display the info.

Mate if you want me to host these pics,could you hurry up plz.

Thanx

nuclear hawk
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
wow wow wow!!!! Hold your horses!
I wasn't talking about some stupid image, pardon me folks...
I was talking about info i got from GSpot and saved it as .jpeg on my computer.
Now so we wouldn't slide from main topic, here's a remainder:

1'st message
---------
That was dummest thing ever!!! I know that new codecs are pretty much stable and IN MOST cases divx anti-freeze isn't needed, even when there are problems with movie files, but...files that were fixed with divfix -they are the problem, couse windows media player stops playing them at fix-place if there is no anti-freeze (BSplayer playes but badly). Put divx antifreeze back on!
-------------
answer:
-------------
Paul Posted on 1 December 2003 - 22:54
I will re-add it because it is not so big anyway.
-------------
2'nd message
-------------
Well I saw other posts and i see something is seriously wrong with this codeck pack
However it might not be the anti-freeze, since file I was talking about is coded at Xvid.
Anyway-it stopes on a fix place at windows media player and goes on at BSplayer
with codeck pack 2.10 I could freely watch it at both. I cannot go back to 2.10-tried it-couse then when I try to open ANY of my movies I get a message that either media player doesn't have right codeck, or the file is corrupt
I can't put here any of the images I have collected from GSpot, since they are located on my hard drive and not on web, however Paul, if you give an e-mail to send them to, I'll do that
--------------
answer
--------------
Paul Posted on 3 December 2003 - 15:06
Try the 2.21 test version. That should fix it.
--------------
3'rd message (combined)
--------------
Well Paul-I gave it a try-doesn't solve the problem
I have also tried start->run->regsvr32 quartz.dll
didn't fix the problem either
--------------
Now anyone got a solution? cause if not-I'll just open my GHOST backup and go back to a system with 2.10 codeck-that one was good. The problem is of course I am not sure there won't be other f*** ups in 2.3 and further versions
Oh by the way I think that onvce you install 2.20 it installs some unremovabe components that interact with windows media 9 player and that f***s up it's performance. It could help, if i could post my .jpegs, i have saved from GSpot...or may be not...

nuclear hawk
12-07-2003, 10:28 AM
ok i have opeved ghost backup and restored my system to 2.10 full-now everything is perfect, however...I will send to ck-uk visual info about codecks in 2.20 and he'll post it here, may be this will help with a problem

ck-uk
12-08-2003, 11:18 AM
There you go mate.

Nhawk (http://mysite.freeserve.com/nhawk/index.html)

nuclear hawk
12-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Now fellows, especially paul-look at the link, provided by ck-ik at one post above.
You can find there all the infor from GSpot regarding a problem with k-lite codec pack 2.20 (the info is collected from 2.21frc6 trial codec pack version, which seems NOT to solve the problem, made by 2.20).
The problem is described a few posts above as well

thanks, ck-uk, for posting my .jpegs

Michael

nuclear hawk
12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
oh, forgot to say: the link is called nhawk

ck-uk
12-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Mate you may have to wait awhile for a response from paul.With all this buisness with kazza lite. :)

VB
12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
regsvr32 /u avisplitter.ax
regsvr32 quartz.dll
regsvr32 qcap.dll

nuclear hawk
12-10-2003, 05:36 PM
what's the problem with kazaa lite?
strange sounds? I have posted possible solution-worked for me at least...

ck-uk
12-10-2003, 06:04 PM
I guess this is the only section you've look in mate. :rolleyes:

nuclear hawk
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah, that was actual for me for some time - so this is the section I have naturally looked in.
Anyway, what's the problem with k lite?

nuclear hawk
12-10-2003, 08:17 PM
ok, I have done my reading, now I understand what has happened.
well the question is: "why no to open k-lite own server with own homepage etc etc?
come on Sharman isn't fucking allmighty