PDA

View Full Version : Best games to run on my Laptop?

isaquebylde
01-20-2021, 04:46 PM
I have a Dell laptop with i5 7th gen, 4 GB RAM, 512 GB HDD

Please suggest some good game which I can run on my laptop.
Already played COD black ops, prototype and far cry 2. But other games that I try to play just crash or don't run.

IdolEyes787
01-20-2021, 05:28 PM
You're GPU is probably the most limiting factor for those type of games. Not much you can do about that except turning all the graphic options down as low as you can in the game menu and see if that helps. Your CPU and RAM for most games at least should be OK even if the RAM is kind of minimal.

As for games that you can run, I use to find this site useful. https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

anon
01-20-2021, 05:29 PM
I have these installed in this laptop...

Counter-Strike 1.5
Doom (Ultimate, Doom 2 and Final)
Katawa Shoujo
Yandere: I love you, so I want to kill you
Little My Maid

Also used to have Quake 1 and DotND, but got bored of them.

Caballero
01-20-2021, 06:42 PM
There's always Solitaire. And Minesweep.

Filne
01-30-2021, 01:51 PM
World of Tanks!

ssd_executor
10-15-2021, 05:45 PM
Star wars knights of the old republic
Elder scroll Oblivion
The sims 4
Maybe ?

anon
10-16-2021, 07:07 AM
Oblivion is fairly demanding, but Morrowind and its expansions should run perfectly!

davidleo
10-26-2021, 09:36 AM
The standard here is that the game installs without errors, and runs smoothly enough for a satisfactory casual gaming experience. My strong preference is for that to happen at full 1080p resolution, but in a couple of cases, I dropped the resolution for better performance. Either low, medium or high in-game graphics settings are acceptable.

jessd4life
10-30-2021, 02:13 AM
Get the game pass ultimate free trial. You can stream many of the games so your hardware doesn't matter. You could probably play a whole bunch of full games before the trial expires.

anon
11-02-2021, 07:52 AM
My strong preference is for that to happen at full 1080p resolution

In my old laptop, I had to go all the way down to 640x480 for Counter-Strike and Warzone 2100 to work... but they did!

laughs
12-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Anyone tried GTA 4 on their laptop? I ran it on my work laptop, which has a 16GB RAM, and it still lagged often, which I couldn't believe.

anon
12-08-2021, 11:52 PM
Mine would melt down. San Andreas runs great, though! There are unofficial patches to add widescreen support and fix compatibility problems with modern versions of Windows.

laughs
12-09-2021, 05:25 AM
Mine would melt down. San Andreas runs great, though! There are unofficial patches to add widescreen support and fix compatibility problems with modern versions of Windows.

San Andreas ran great for me. Although with the new definitive trilogy, even San Andreas might require at least 8 GB RAM i think. The old, original San Andreas is still terrific.

anon
12-12-2021, 12:29 AM
Didn't even know about the remaster. Looked it up and it seems it still has some issues to be addressed. I can at least confirm the original runs fine with as little as 1.5 GB, because guess how much my old desktop computer had :)

Alfsten
02-08-2022, 03:50 PM
League of legends! works on most computers!

anon
02-08-2022, 05:10 PM
League of legends!

Sona and Ahri were a major contribution to humanity 187668

Janearyngorr
05-20-2022, 08:45 PM
I DID NOT know that there is such a problem for laptops, but I launched it on my hospital without problems, I especially like the addition that goes about Guy Tony (I trudge from the club life that I can’t afford)

anon
05-21-2022, 06:42 AM
(I trudge from the club life that I can’t afford)

Ahaha. We'll never have what we're seeing onscreen, but at least we can see it...

EzeePrinting
11-14-2022, 06:25 AM
Portal is one of the best superlight games worth trying to train your brain skills.

anon
11-14-2022, 07:28 AM
It will run fairly well as long as you set the portal rendering depth to 0 and shader detail to low. Make sure to check out the Prelude expansion when you're done. ;)

anon
11-14-2022, 09:52 PM
Also, any computer from the last 10 years (even Intel Atom laptops) should be able to run PS1 emulators comfortably, giving you access to a wide library of games and unofficial mods for them. You won't even need to patch ISOs from the command line and burn them first ;)

I still remember Connectix's VGS, nya. Not all titles were supported, but those which were ran amazingly well, especially considering the hardware of the time.

Funkin'
11-15-2022, 09:02 PM
Portal: Revolution is free on the Steam store. Wonder how it would fair on my aging 8gb ram machine. Running Linux.

anon
11-15-2022, 11:10 PM
If you have even a "value" GPU with at least 128 MB of VRAM, you'll be fine!

Funkin'
11-18-2022, 12:19 PM
I think I"ll give it a shot then. I need something to keep me busy until Ragnarok comes down a bit in price.

Rerecros
03-07-2023, 09:56 AM
You can do a bunch of emulation most likely. With sites like playclassicgames you can do it right in your browser.

erobinson8100
11-25-2023, 07:43 PM
7DtD works on my laptop

... so long as everything is closed

... and res is at the lowest setting

Dushmnn73
12-02-2023, 09:56 AM
Maybe some old Source engine titles they ran pretty well for me when I had a notebook with integrated gpu, e.g. CSS, Half-Life 2 / Black Mesa, Portal, Left 4 Dead 2; Minecraft was definitely playable as well with the right settings and tweaks, every GTA until San Andreas, maybe Borderlands 1

anon
12-06-2023, 12:28 AM
Integrated GPUs are pretty good these days. My first laptop struggled to play the original Half-Life smoothly, and let's not mention GTA Vice City :shutup:

vinod
12-19-2023, 12:33 PM
you can play horror games in that laptop bcz horror games give more fun an also more exciting or play gta vicecity

anon
12-19-2023, 07:01 PM
Resident Evil 1, The House of the Dead (at least the first three) and Song of Saya would run comfortably even on an old laptop, indeed.

McAdams28
03-26-2024, 10:51 PM
I think with such a laptop, you should pay attention to indie games. There are a lot of interesting ones among them.

anon
03-27-2024, 12:23 AM
Clones of popular commercial games tend to be free and have low hardware requirements, because who would play them otherwise?

mahaite
03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
Given the specifications of your Dell laptop (Intel Core i5 7th Gen, 4 GB RAM, 512 GB HDD), you have a decent setup for running some older or less demanding games. Here are some recommendations for games that should run smoothly on your system:

Portal 2: This puzzle-platform game should run well on your laptop and offers a captivating single-player campaign as well as cooperative multiplayer modes.

Stardew Valley: If you enjoy simulation and farming games, Stardew Valley is a fantastic choice. It's a relaxing game that doesn't require high-end hardware.

Terraria: This 2D sandbox adventure game offers endless exploration, crafting, and building possibilities. It's lightweight and should run smoothly on your laptop.

Undertale: A charming and unique RPG with retro-style graphics and a captivating story. It's not demanding on system resources and provides a memorable gaming experience.

Minecraft: The Java Edition of Minecraft should run fine on your laptop, allowing you to explore and build in its blocky world to your heart's content.

Half-Life 2: A classic first-person shooter with an engaging story and innovative gameplay mechanics. It's a bit older but still holds up well and should run smoothly on your system.

Team Fortress 2: A free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter with a variety of game modes and colorful characters. It's optimized to run on a wide range of hardware configurations.

Hotline Miami: An intense top-down shooter with fast-paced action and a retro aesthetic. It's lightweight and should run smoothly on your laptop.

Limbo: A dark and atmospheric puzzle-platformer with stunning black-and-white visuals. It's relatively lightweight and should run well on your system.

Bastion: An action RPG with beautiful hand-painted visuals and a captivating narrative. It's not very demanding in terms of hardware and should provide an enjoyable gaming experience.

These games should provide you with plenty of entertainment without putting too much strain on your laptop's hardware. Be sure to check the system requirements for each game before purchasing or downloading to ensure compatibility.

Kindly find More details (https://www.gadgiz.com)

Bewegter
04-01-2024, 11:51 AM
My old laptop has i5-3210M, GT 650M, 8 RAM and even with a SSD it does not run optimally with games.
It did run Minecraft but now it does not run smooth.

Games I played on it not too long ago:
VampireSurvivors, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Halo Combat Evolved, Morrowind, Warcraft III, WOW

anon
04-01-2024, 05:06 PM
i5-3210M, GT 650M, 8 RAM and... a SSD

Should be enough to run Minecraft comfortably... maybe it's time to open, clean, repaste and reinstall the OS.

wedwilson
04-04-2024, 04:08 PM
Hitman