PDA

View Full Version : Ip Blocker

Mystik_TK
12-02-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey.

I'm using the old version of K-Lite ++ (before you had to pay) and I still update the IP Blocker.

I was wondering: since you now have to pay for the new version, are these "updates" bogus and if they're not, where are they coming from, exactly (Peer Guardian DB won't work anymore for me)?

Thanks.

12-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Mystik_TK@2 December 2003 - 02:20
Hey.

I'm using the old version of K-Lite ++ (before you had to pay) and I still update the IP Blocker.

I was wondering: since you now have to pay for the new version, are these "updates" bogus and if they're not, where are they coming from, exactly (Peer Guardian DB won't work anymore for me)?

Thanks.
what r u talking about you never had to pay for k-lite and u NEVER will! the newest version is 2.4.3. go to klitesite.com and get it there.

when i update my ip ranges blocker t workes but when i check the update for PG database it says PG database not found. i dunno whats wrong with mine. do u have this problem too?

Mr. Blunt
12-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Don't be fooled by those sites that make you pay. I'm glad you didn't pay for it though.

Go to klitesite.com and download the latest version there. You don't have to pay for it, and you never will.

james_bond_rulez
12-02-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Mystik_TK@2 December 2003 - 02:20
Hey.

Thanks.
another victim fell in the molesting hands of the RIAA and shareman....

MUSLEMAN
12-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Mystik_TK@1 December 2003 - 22:20
Hey.

Thanks.
this is our real site and you don't have to pay (http://doa2.host.sk)

always remeber klite was, is and always will be free

Mystik_TK
12-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I suppose I was suckered in. P2P keeps getting messier, it seems. Glad to know it's still free.

3224: That's the same message I get. I tried disabling my firewalls, but it still makes no difference.

So doesn anyone know why I can't get PG, but still get updates that seem to come staright from K-Lite's server?

Perhaps there's a patch to fix this or maybe the new version is reconnected to PG?

PS: I may not be online in the next few days, so don't offended if I don't reply thanking you for the help.

And one more thing which I almsot forgot: It's great to see another Bond fan, especially a Canadian one. :D I'm practically obessed (novels, films etc.) and I have been for years. Cheers.

james_bond_rulez
12-02-2003, 07:47 PM
hehee yeah

doing nothing all day but smoke quality sigars, kicking asses, having sex

i can live with that :lol:

name's Bond, James Bond B)

:lol:

also you might wanna check out bittorrent, just look around the forum, u'll find a lot of info about this new p2p client, and in my opinion is better than kazaa/kazaalite

Sparkle1984
12-02-2003, 09:22 PM
You have to untick the box where it says to update from the Peer Guardian Database, then the updater should work OK. (It will come straight from K-Lite server). ;)

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Mystik_TK@2 December 2003 - 15:41
Yeah, I suppose I was suckered in. P2P keeps getting messier, it seems. Glad to know it's still free.

3224: That's the same message I get. I tried disabling my firewalls, but it still makes no difference.

So doesn anyone know why I can't get PG, but still get updates that seem to come staright from K-Lite's server?

Perhaps there's a patch to fix this or maybe the new version is reconnected to PG?

PS: I may not be online in the next few days, so don't offended if I don't reply thanking you for the help.

And one more thing which I almsot forgot: It's great to see another Bond fan, especially a Canadian one. :D I'm practically obessed (novels, films etc.) and I have been for years. Cheers.
don't use pg it has ranges in it that you don't want to be blocking, our update is much better and cleaner

12-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+3 December 2003 - 06:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 3 December 2003 - 06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mystik_TK@2 December 2003 - 15:41
Yeah, I suppose I was suckered in. P2P keeps getting messier, it seems. Glad to know it&#39;s still free.

3224: That&#39;s the same message I get. I tried disabling my firewalls, but it still makes no difference.

So doesn anyone know why I can&#39;t get PG, but still get updates that seem to come staright from K-Lite&#39;s server?

Perhaps there&#39;s a patch to fix this or maybe the new version is reconnected to PG?

PS: I may not be online in the next few days, so don&#39;t offended if I don&#39;t reply thanking you for the help.

And one more thing which I almsot forgot: It&#39;s great to see another Bond fan, especially a Canadian one. :D I&#39;m practically obessed (novels, films etc.) and I have been for years. Cheers.
don&#39;t use pg it has ranges in it that you don&#39;t want to be blocking, our update is much better and cleaner [/b][/quote]
OK cant use it anyways&#33; lol

Mik3ll
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Supposidly, the URL for the PG block list keep changing, so its searching for an invalid URL, and it cant find it.

Dont update from there anyways, it shouldnt even have the option to update from there.

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@2 December 2003 - 12:22
You have to untick the box where it says to update from the Peer Guardian Database, then the updater should work OK. (It will come straight from K-Lite server). ;)
Sanity check....
(I have Peer Guardian unchecked) My Bad IP Ranges Updater
shows last update @ Nov 17, 2003.
Check Updates shows "No New File Found" Am I up-to-date?

Thanks,
mrlessk :)

Mik3ll
12-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by mrlessk+5 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 5 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@2 December 2003 - 12:22
Sanity check....
(I have Peer Guardian unchecked) My Bad IP Ranges Updater
shows last update @ Nov 17, 2003.
Check Updates shows "No New File Found" Am I up-to-date?

Thanks,
mrlessk :) [/b][/quote]
Yes. If it says no new file found, you have the latest.

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@4 December 2003 - 17:24

Yes.&nbsp; If it says no new file found, you have the latest.
Ok&#33; Mik3ll.... Just wanted to be sure I am in sync and all was working as it should.
Thanks,
mrlessk :)

aldo
12-05-2003, 02:29 AM
I have updated the update.ini of the BadIpUpdater (http://aldostools.mysite4now.com/badipupdater.html)with the new url for the PGdb. It seems to be from 21st November.

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by aldo@4 December 2003 - 17:29
I have updated the update.ini of the BadIpUpdater (http://aldostools.mysite4now.com/badipupdater.html)with the new url for the PGdb. It seems to be from 21st November.
Ok but, all the advice I&#39;ve been reading here says NOT to use the PG, so that&#39;s why I unchecked it before clicking on update.
So, what&#39;s the consensus? to PG or not to PG? Anyway, the difference is only four days....maybe a moot point?
mrlessk :confused:

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 04:16 AM
thats the problem if you use pg you are not going to know the consensus, untill one day you find out somebody cant connect to you or you can&#39;t connect to somebody and up to that point you are going to be blocking god know who and what

DON&#39;T USE PG

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 December 2003 - 19:16

DON&#39;T USE PG
Now that&#39;s the kind of answer I like...direct, concise and to the point&#33;
Thanks MUSLEMAN :clap:

A question comes to mind however.....why does it show up in the IP Blocker Updater at all if deemed so undesirable?
Bye&#33;

EDIT
Ok, found this in another Post regarding PeerGuardian...

When you&#39;re using k-lite you don&#39;t need it, just keep the ip blocker updated...
When using another P2P application, yes...
The IP Blocker is obviously not K-Lite exclusive, it&#39;s used by other P2P where PeerGuardian is used.

Thanks&#33;

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 05:40 AM
no the option for updating from pg is left up to the user but i don&#39;t recommend it, and you will find alot of others won&#39;t either

as far as being able to use the list out side of klite then you need to put the list in your firewall go here to do that (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=76261&st=0&#entry604030)

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 December 2003 - 20:40
no the option for updating from pg is left up to the user but i don&#39;t recommend it, and you will find alot of others won&#39;t either
as far as being able to use the list out side of klite then you need to put the list in your firewall&nbsp; go here to do that (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=76261&st=0&#entry604030)
Ok, done&#33;
Thankya muchly MUSLEMAN
:newyear:

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 10:28 AM
you are http://mes.smilies.free.fr/smilies/welcome.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gifhttp://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys2/marsa37.gif

Mystik_TK
12-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Yeah, mine says Nov. 17, as well. I unchecked PG awhile ago and it&#39;s always worked. I was just wondering where the update came from, and according to you guys, it&#39;s from K-Lite.

Also, james_bond_rulez, I use BT as well. It&#39;s pretty good, but I find that 50-75% of the time, the d/l will go at a fairly steady speed and then drop off gradualy to 0 KB/S. I&#39;m thinking of using one of the alternate BT clients which lets you customize more. They&#39;re also supposed to work beter than the official.

cosmic doobie
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Not sure if the K-Lite IP blocker list is going to be updated now.
Your best bet is to join the Peer Guardian Forum (http://www.peerguardian.net) for all the latest IP database updates.

isepiq
12-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Do a search for ip blocklist. One of of these posts I just got Blocklist Updater 1.3, and the PG check box now works and has a Dec 11th update.
The PG database, if it is the one I think it is??? is updated &#39;daily&#39;. I use it, no problems so far.

isepiq B)