PDA

View Full Version : The Official Nonofficial Drug Thread

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 08:09 AM
I think marijuana should be legalized, and most drugs aren't as bad as the media portrays

IBdrugsarebad
IBdon'tdodrugs
IByouralooserfordoingdrugs

discuss

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Drugs should not be legalised.

Drugs are bad for you.

Drugs cost you money all your life.

Drugs are addictive.

Drugs will fuck up your life.

People who tell you otherwise are not your friends.

:)

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 08:16 AM
i've heard in teh netherlands(from a girl i met) you can get your ecstasy pills "checked" with this machine in the nightclubs and it tells you if its cut real bad or if its pure.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 17:16
i've heard in teh netherlands(from a girl i met) you can get your ecstasy pills "checked" with this machine in the nightclubs and it tells you if its cut real bad or if its pure.
That's old news MS, we do that at all our rave parties, have done for years. We have a councillor there too. We also provide rest areas and free drinking water, and cool showers if we are in a suitable place. It's called being responsible.

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 08:26 AM
we? our rave parties??? that makes it sound like you do drugs, get your lies straight :angry:

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 09:16
you don't have to be in the netherlands, ;) would like more netehrland folks in this theread

as far as billy deen don't be a troll
you have to know your posting bs don't you :unsure:

try drugsafe.org for x
thats completely different :rolleyes:

Honey
12-02-2003, 08:31 AM
and most drugs aren't as bad as the media portrays

come and tell that to my sister who's son is currently undergoing a fight for his life after starting using marijuana when he was 15, who then progressed to using, ice, rock, speed ... then progressed to crack coz the others weren't giving him the high he wanted... and who is now totally a delusional schitzophrenic with psychotic tendencies because he brain is totally scrambled... oh... and he's only 24 now and hasn't had anything for over 6 months now.. but its too late the damage is done... :(

so i repeat.. come and tell my sis that drugs aren&#39;t that bad... im sure she&#39;d love to hear your opinon... just remember to duck... <_<

:angry: :angry:

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 08:37 AM
I don&#39;t want to get into a argument with you but you can&#39;t think all drugs are bad and that all drugs lead to addiction, WTF. he has a additive personality, drugs didn&#39;t do him in

sorry for spouting off the truth :&#092;

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 08:38 AM
we? our rave parties??? that makes it sound like you do drugs, get your lies straight

Not everyone at rave parties does drugs. And yes, we put them on, me and my mates. We&#39;ve been doing it since the late 70&#39;s in India. They were called Goa parties then.

as far as billy deen don&#39;t be a troll
you have to know your posting bs don&#39;t you

Am I? If you were capable of an intelligent reply, I might ask you for one ....

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 08:40 AM
true, just tired of fighting tooth & nail for drug reform
not all drugs are bad, but anything in excess can leave to excess

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@2 December 2003 - 03:14
1. Drugs should not be legalised.

2. Drugs are bad for you.

3. Drugs cost you money all your life.

4. Drugs are addictive.

5. Drugs will fuck up your life.

6. People who tell you otherwise are not your friends.

1.Why not?
Prohibition did not work with with alcohol.....All it did
do in fact was cause bootlegging and allow the mafia
to firmly establish a foothold in the U.S.

As grown adults we should have the choice to do what
we want to our own bodies.

By legalizing drugs and placing the same laws and restrictions on them as
alcohol you would cut down on crime.
In the U.S. 80 percent of our prisions are filled with convicts,that are
serving time for drug related crimes.(selling,using.cultivating)

I personly believe that our taxes could be put to better use.
Why not free up valuable prison space for those more worthy......
such as rapist, molesters and so on.

2. Such a blanket statement..........Yes they are bad news for many.....but many also
enjoy recreational drug usage and live completly normal lives.

3.What doesn&#39;t cost money?
I know......I know.........Hugs are free....right? ;)

4.Yes they can be.......Just like nicotine and caffine......alcohol.......Do I need to go on?

5. So didn&#39;t my ex-wife but I dont think she should be illegal. (well mabey her)
Again another blanket statement. :rolleyes:

6. People who tell you to listen to both sides of a story are your friends.

Besides...What would you know about my friends? ;)

Peace brotherdoobie :)

pol
12-02-2003, 08:56 AM
spiders fed on drugged up flies :chef:

spider on weed:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spihash.jpg

spider on lsd:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spidlsd.jpg

spider on mescaline:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spidmesc.jpg

spider on caffeine:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spicaf.jpg

straight spider:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spid.jpg

from here (http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html)

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 09:01 AM
and as you can see, the caffeine caused the most fucked up looking web

people remember:
alcohol is a drug
caffeine is a drug
nicotine is a drug
chocolate contains an amphetamine like substance
de-cafeinated coffee contains an opiate like substance
poppy seeds contain an opiate like substance, it will make you fail a drug test

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by pol@2 December 2003 - 03:56

spider on weed:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spihash.jpg

spider on lsd:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spidlsd.jpg

spider on mescaline:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spidmesc.jpg

spider on caffeine:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spicaf.jpg

straight spider:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/021203-spid.jpg

from here (http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html)
How did they get a spider to smoke a joint? ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

pol
12-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie+2 December 2003 - 09:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie &#064; 2 December 2003 - 09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>How dod they get a spider to smoke a joint? ;)[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-me
spiders fed on drugged up flies :chef:[/quote]

:D

thewizeard
12-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@2 December 2003 - 08:52

They are in the beginning&#33;

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by pol+2 December 2003 - 04:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 2 December 2003 - 04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@2 December 2003 - 09:02
How dod they get a spider to smoke a joint? ;)
<!--QuoteBegin-me

:D [/b][/quote]
Just a joke..............*brotherdoobie wonders where the laughter went to in the lounge?..........sigh........

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by nigel123+2 December 2003 - 04:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 2 December 2003 - 04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie@2 December 2003 - 08:52

They are in the beginning&#33; [/b][/quote]
Untill they get you hooked...........Then the next thing you know your looking for a kiss on the cheek :blink:

Where will it ever end?

Remember kiddies "Just Say No" :)

Peace brotherdoobie

Honey
12-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie+2 December 2003 - 17:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 2 December 2003 - 17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by pol+2 December 2003 - 04:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol &#064; 2 December 2003 - 04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie@2 December 2003 - 09:02
How dod they get a spider to smoke a joint? ;)
<!--QuoteBegin-me

:D [/b][/quote]
Just a joke..............*brotherdoobie wonders where the laughter went to in the lounge?..........sigh........

Peace brotherdoobie [/b][/quote]
awww buggar... we need a few hugs here ...

everyone... http://honey.funkychickz.co.uk/Group-Hug2.gif

im still smilin bro doobie.. :)

pol
12-02-2003, 09:26 AM

i have&#39;nt given an opinion on the thread in my posts, indeed they were intended as a lighter look on it. i saw those pics a while back and although they can be taken in a number of ways, i do think they get a point across. your other post was all "facts", so where was the laughter there ?

i dont speak as someone who is ignorant to the effects of drugs. indeed thats why i am often found on this forum on a weekend.

i just dont think its responsible to say that drugs are ok or harmless on this forum. there&#39;s lots of younger, impressionable people here.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 09:31 AM
First of all BDoob, you should spell out what drugs you are talking about. Are you suggesting legal crack houses?

You cannot legalise something that is illegal under international law. Even in Holland, grass is not legal, it&#39;s decriminalised.

Prisons, BTW, are full of people who break the law.

Kids should be encouraged to lead a drug-free life, and yes, that includes nicotine, alcohol and even caffeine.

Talking in private with mates, is different to talking in public on a forum. I&#39;m sure if this conversation was between you and I, we would have a lot to talk about, but not here.

Kids, don&#39;t take drugs -- full stop&#33;

Honey
12-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by pol@2 December 2003 - 17:26
i just dont think its responsible to say that drugs are ok or harmless on this forum. there&#39;s lots of younger, impressionable people here.
couldnt agree with you more pol... :)

if adults want to debate it... that&#39;s an adults choice..... but kids use this place too, and they&#39;re not getting any choice.... :rolleyes: :nono:

shinzuiski
12-02-2003, 09:37 AM
spiders fed on drugged up flies

How did they get the fly to smoke a joint ? :unsure:

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 09:37 AM
@ozbabe-in all truthfulness, i don&#39;t think i stole a single piece of software before i joined this forum. ever. but after i joined i got some serials, i got it sorted. so now i&#39;m glad. how is that any different than drugs? you can go to jail for both. i&#39;m sorry but i don&#39;t see a big difference, and not only that, i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues without being harassed, as what is happening now. that is completely different than telling young kids to start using.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Do you remember the poll&#092;thread we had a while back MS, where people were asked their age? We have a large amount of members under 18, a large proportion of the whole forum. Some 12 &#036; 13, these are kids, who interact between us adults, (you are an adult, aren&#39;t you?) are impressionable. We have a duty to them to not encourage them to do anything that can fuck their lives up. If you want to talk drugs, go somewhere else and do it, this is not the place.

pol
12-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 09:37
in all truthfulness, i don&#39;t think i stole a single piece of software before i joined this forum.&nbsp; ever.&nbsp; but after i joined i got some serials, i got it sorted.&nbsp; so now i&#39;m glad.&nbsp; how is that any different than drugs?&nbsp; you can go to jail for both.&nbsp; i&#39;m sorry but i don&#39;t see a big difference, and not only that, i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues without being harassed, as what is happening now.&nbsp; that is completely different than telling young kids to start using.
no-one is saying you are telling kids to start using, or harassing you. in muchspl2&#39;s first post it says "Discuss", you are givng your views and i&#39;m giving mine. if they dont meet up then it does&#39;nt mean i&#39;m harassing you.

i know you&#39;re post was meant to make a point jokingly, you said "you can go to jail for both. i&#39;m sorry but i don&#39;t see a big difference" - well if you dont know the risks, health wise and others, then you dont know much about drugs.

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 09:47 AM
way to change the subject rikk but how is stealing serial numbers any worse than doing drugs? can&#39;t you go to jail for both?

pol-the prisons in this country are harsh, the health risks of going to prison here are great, no matter what they sent you for(drugs or software pirating).

oh and pol, when someone puts something that looks like

@ozbabe-

it means they aren&#39;t talking to you k?

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@2 December 2003 - 04:31
First of all BDoob, you should spell out what drugs you are talking about. Are you suggesting legal crack houses?

You cannot legalise something that is illegal under international law. Even in Holland, grass is not legal, it&#39;s decriminalised.

Prisons, BTW, are full of people who break the law.

Kids should be encouraged to lead a drug-free life, and yes, that includes nicotine, alcohol and even caffeine.

Talking in private with mates, is different to talking in public on a forum. I&#39;m sure if this conversation was between you and I, we would have a lot to talk about, but not here.

Kids, don&#39;t take drugs -- full stop&#33;

I agree with you 100 percent Billy D........Kids should not be encouraged to take drugs.

I have children and I personaly hope that they get by in life without
partaking.

I do believe that they should hear all of the facts and not just one
side of the story.

By not talking about such matters openly.......we are teaching our
kids that they are not capable of making informed decisions.

I will never believe that it is better to keep children in the
dark...........and by saying that something isbad and leaving it at that.
That is exactly what we are doing.

I have been on the internet and posting in forums for a long time now.
As I am sure you have been Billy.

I dont think that censoring ones self is the thing to do.
I say let one speak his mind.......There will always be a voice of reason to balance things.

Peace brotherdoobie B)

pol
12-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 09:47
way to change the subject rikk but how is stealing serial numbers any worse than doing drugs? can&#39;t you go to jail for both?

pol-the prisons in this country are harsh, the health risks of going to prison here are great, no matter what they sent you for(drugs or software pirating).

oh and pol, when someone puts something that looks like

@ozbabe-

it means they aren&#39;t talking to you k?
i clicked on &#39;qoute&#39; before you edited MS, before it had @ozbabe - sorry i&#39;m a slower typist than you and cant keep up with your edits, 2 now in this last one.

my point was that i dont see prison sentences as being the biggest drawback to taking drugs, i&#39;m not talking about weed here, but the kind of drugs you are talking about when you even have to mention prison stretches.

so if you want to post the good points of these kind of drugs, then i&#39;ll post the bad.

edit - k ?

Evil Gemini
12-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 10:37
@ozbabe-in all truthfulness, i don&#39;t think i stole a single piece of software before i joined this forum.&nbsp; ever.&nbsp; but after i joined i got some serials, i got it sorted.&nbsp; so now i&#39;m glad.&nbsp; how is that any different than drugs?&nbsp; you can go to jail for both.&nbsp; i&#39;m sorry but i don&#39;t see a big difference, and not only that, i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues without being harassed, as what is happening now.&nbsp; that is completely different than telling young kids to start using.

Obviously you havent been around any one thats on drugs and seen how drugs can fuck your life up.

How the fucken shit can you compare downloading software to taking drugs. Think about what you just posted and you will see how stupid it is.

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pol@2 December 2003 - 04:26

i have&#39;nt given an opinion on the thread in my posts, indeed they were intended as a lighter look on it. i saw those pics a while back and although they can be taken in a number of ways, i do think they get a point across. your other post was all "facts", so where was the laughter there ?

i dont speak as someone who is ignorant to the effects of drugs. indeed thats why i am often found on this forum on a weekend.

I hope you did not take my post as a jab at you personly Pol?
It wasn&#39;t meant that way.

I am not saying drugs are harmless or ok.
I am saying there are two sides to every issue.

For some recreational drug use is a choice.........A choice that can and should only be made by an fully informed adult.

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by neattairoski+2 December 2003 - 09:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neattairoski &#064; 2 December 2003 - 09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 10:37
@ozbabe-in all truthfulness, i don&#39;t think i stole a single piece of software before i joined this forum. ever. but after i joined i got some serials, i got it sorted. so now i&#39;m glad. how is that any different than drugs? you can go to jail for both. i&#39;m sorry but i don&#39;t see a big difference, and not only that, i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues without being harassed, as what is happening now. that is completely different than telling young kids to start using.

Obviously you havent been around any one thats on drugs and seen how drugs can fuck your life up.

How the fucken shit can you compare downloading software to taking drugs. Think about what you just posted and you will see how stupid it is. [/b][/quote]
now (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=85237) i see why octopussy thought you were cool

Evil Gemini
12-02-2003, 10:00 AM
BRAVO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

pol
12-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie
I hope you did not take my post as a jab at you personly Pol?
It wasn&#39;t meant that way.

I am not saying drugs are harmless or ok.
I am saying there are two sides to every issue.

For some recreational drug use is a choice.........A choice that can and should only be made by an fully informed adult.

np brotherdoobie - no offence taken and none intended either. i realise that there are two sides to the story, but as it&#39;s a discussion i wanted to get my point across too, my point being that we&#39;re not all just talking only about what most of us would call recreational drugs here.

silent VI
12-02-2003, 10:12 AM
here in vancouver and richmond were allowed legaly to posses up to half an ounce and two days ago i think we had a huge as grouping of stoners of all ages to fight towards completly decriminalizing possisin of cronic it was cool there where ton sof peeps there smokin slangin chillin :lol: i lernt how to make a pipe outt an apple :lol: i wish i knew that one when i was in school i never really thought of it though its crazy easy just carve two hols like an L in two sides of the apple make sure as the holes go deeper into the center of the apple where the two hole meet they go smaller (preventing you from choking and inhailing bud )

wow pol tight ava i just thought i said pol at first then i keep lookin and :lol: pong

Honey
12-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 17:37
MS hon.... as you know ive worked with street kids, working in Juvenile Detention centres.. worked with kids that nobody wants, 95% of them were using drugs when they were 12 and 13... why?... because they "heard it was cool" ...

where do kids "hear that its cool?"... from the media, yes... but the majority is handed down from person to person... and unless there is a locked section for over 18&#39;s where the age can be verified, then to have a thread for current users to discuss their "experiences" where kids can openly read and learn makes us as adults sorely deficient with our responsibilities towards them.

Read up on the Universal Rights of the Child... that shows us exactly what our responsibilities are...

drugs are NOT cool... <_<

psst... and neither is stealing... *winks*

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@2 December 2003 - 18:50
I agree with you 100 percent Billy D........Kids should not be encouraged to take drugs.

I have children and I personaly hope that they get by in life without
partaking.

I do believe that they should hear all of the facts and not just one
side of the story.

By not talking about such matters openly.......we are teaching our
kids that they are not capable of making informed decisions.

I will never believe that it is better to keep children in the
dark...........and by saying that something isbad and leaving it at that.
That is exactly what we are doing.

I think we may have crossed wires here. I also have kids, four of &#39;em, and a grandson. I do talk to my kids about it, and anything else they want to talk about. But I wouldnt talk to your kids about it without your permission, unless they were adults. I&#39;m certainly not talking about keeping them in the dark. If a child asks you a question, you have a duty to tell the truth, not pass on opinions unless you state that that is what it is. The fact is, your kids would be better off not taking drugs, and you and I have a duty to explain that to them.

way to change the subject rikk

How is pointing out the age of the kids on this board changing the subject? This is a drug thread.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 December 2003 - 19:12
here in vancouver and richmond were allowed legaly to posses up to half an ounce and two days ago i think we had a huge as grouping of stoners of all ages to fight towards completly decriminalizing possisin of cronic it was cool there where ton sof peeps there smokin slangin chillin :lol: i lernt how to make a pipe outt an apple :lol: i wish i knew that one when i was in school i never really thought of it though its crazy easy just carve two hols like an L in two sides of the apple make sure as the holes go deeper into the center of the apple where the two hole meet they go smaller (preventing you from choking and inhailing bud )

wow pol tight ava i just thought i said pol at first then i keep lookin and :lol: pong
Not a bad effort for someone who obviously doesn&#39;t have the Queen&#39;s English as a first language. They say an apple a day keeps the brain away.

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@2 December 2003 - 10:19

way to change the subject rikk

How is pointing out the age of the kids on this board changing the subject? This is a drug thread.

the subject of my post, not the subject of the thread. :P

nice try, though.

silent VI
12-02-2003, 10:28 AM
whats the queens english i dont get it :huh: english is the only language i know fluintly

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 19:25

nice try, though.
Oh, I see, you want me to compare stealing files on a P2P network with fucking your life up with drugs? Go talk to street kids and ask them how many of them are there because of their dealings with P2P networks. Ask all your prisoners too.

{I}{K}{E}
12-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I think if drugs becomes legal some problems will be solved because when it isn&#39;t illegal anymore and people don&#39;t get a &#39;kick&#39; anymore when they use it

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@2 December 2003 - 19:30
I think if drugs becomes legal some problems will be solved because when it isn&#39;t illegal anymore and people don&#39;t get a &#39;kick&#39; anymore when they use it
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

:huh:

{I}{K}{E}
12-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 10:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 2 December 2003 - 10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@2 December 2003 - 19:30
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

:huh: [/b][/quote]
well yes. when people use it now in the US, they get a kick of smoking it because it illegal. when it becomes legal I think the addictions will be not as high as it is now

&#39;I think I did not explain it very good&#39; srry

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
I am glad drugs didn&#39;t mess up anyoun&#39;in moderation :/

Cheese
12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
An interesting topic in the lounge? Cool...

Anyhow I haven&#39;t got much time so I&#39;d just like to say that I work with a lot of young people in my job and I feel that they are ignorant of the effects (both short term and long term) of drugs in general. Whilst children shouldn&#39;t be encouraged to take drugs teachers and parents should be doing more to educate children the effects and safe use of drugs.

Young people are ALWAYS going to take drugs no matter what people tell them (and I don&#39;t think this forum is going to make any under 18&#39;s suddenly rush out and start smoking crack) so it&#39;s really about risk reduction.

Damn I got to go to work, this topc looks good... :(

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 10:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 2 December 2003 - 10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 19:25

nice try, though.
Oh, I see, you want me to compare stealing files on a P2P network with fucking your life up with drugs? Go talk to street kids and ask them how many of them are there because of their dealings with P2P networks. Ask all your prisoners too.

:) [/b][/quote]
just as some drugs are gateway drugs, that lead to harder drugs, p2p leads to "other things" like hacking. there was a well known case awhile back of a guy in the bay area of california who got busted for violating the dss/dvd secrets(he made an open source dvd player). he went to jail. now i agree, that drugs will do more damage and are "worse" than p2p or hacking put together, but the point is both of those things are bad. both can lead to jailtime, and one of them(filesharing) can get you sued. which won&#39;t land you in jail, but will affect your finances. but i do agree, it&#39;s not for children. i don&#39;t remember saying that it was. so that&#39;s a problem, some children use the forum. but i personally would not let my child have uncensored access to the internet or the tv. that, too, would be irresponsible.

pol
12-02-2003, 10:50 AM
p2p leads to "other things" like hacking

:lol: :lol:

peoples interest in computers / hacking leads to hacking :D

ps - sorry if that was just for billy

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 10:52 AM
So do you believe that parents who let their kids onto this forum. and P2P networks are being irresponsible then? Should we have under 18&#39;s on here? Are we, as adults, encouraging these kids to steal? Or is it their parents?

Honey
12-02-2003, 10:57 AM
hmmm it seems like all anyone wants to do is debate Billy... <_<

oh well... looks like its all yours Rikk... ;)

keep up the good work... :)

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@2 December 2003 - 10:57
keep up the good work... :)
good work? like what? making a thread about cat killing just to get lots of responses? that seems more like being an attention whore, rather than being a good member.

as for the points raised by rikk.
do i think it&#39;s irresponsible to let your child have uncensored/unlimited tv and internet access? if it&#39;s my child, yes. i can&#39;t speak for other people&#39;s children.

are p2p networks being irresponsible? what a vague question, in my opinion. that&#39;s like asking "is the internet irresponsible?"

should we have underage members? how would you verify age? it&#39;s irrelevant because there wouldn&#39;t be a way to verify the age.

answer to the last question: i am not encouraging any kids to steal. i heard about kazaa from a friend, not from the internet. i think when people hear they can download movies, instead of pay for them, they are gonna want to try it. as far as kids, where have i encouraged kids to do it?

ilw
12-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Umm i don;t get the p2p -> drugs connection thing, but...

Legalising drugs doesn&#39;t necessarily mean admitting they&#39;re ok or allowing increased access to children. Perhaps it might even lead to them being harder to obtain for children, proper licencing could take drug use out of the secretive & seedy underworld and allow for improved understanding and control. It could potentially also decrease the power and wealth of the criminal elements of society.
I personally can&#39;t think of a single reason why cannabis should be banned and alcohol or nicotine not, apart from the fact that we in the west are historically more accustomed to alcohol. Wouldn&#39;t it make more sense to have a well thought out and reasoned approach to drugs than simply sticking to tradition?

Billy i thought you used to be pro-weed? Has something changed, or is it just for the purpose of debate / for the craic?

Yogi
12-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Again and again.......

The worst drug in this world is legal.

Dealers called liquorstores.

Alcohol.

Most "drug"-related deaths are from alcohol.

Not to forget violence, abuse, fucked-up family&#39;s, etc, etc.

Encouraging any drug, incl. alcohol, to anyone is wrong.

Just as forbidding it is wrong.

The money now used on the so called war on drugs is money thrown away.

People take drugs. Some because they like it as an enhancement, some because

it&#39;s cool, some to forget..........

And don&#39;t forget the enormous amounts of perscribed drugs, taken by a much

larger group then who use "illegal" drugs. Lots of those "medicines" are more

harmfull then for instance pot.

Money should be spent on good education about drugs, good regulation and

prevention of abuse.

Just as OZbabe i&#39;ve seen my fair share of fucked up kids.....

If it&#39;s not pot, it&#39;s glue.

Their lives were mostly shattered by parents(if any...), the

drugs came after that......

As long as mankind fails to make a society for all people, all you can do is try to

make the best for your own and surrounding kids.

By raising them as responsible people with an eye for the needs of others.

My two penny&#39;s.......

Yogs

To add to the discussion:

What would happen if all drugs were legalized tomorrow??

silent VI
12-02-2003, 11:36 AM
:) cheaper prices

thewizeard
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@2 December 2003 - 11:27
Again and again.......

The worst drug in this world is legal.

Dealers called liquorstores.

Alcohol.

Most "drug"-related deaths are from alcohol.

Not to forget violence, abuse, fucked-up family&#39;s, etc, etc.

Encouraging any drug, incl. alcohol, to anyone is wrong.

Just as forbidding it is wrong.

The money now used on the so called war on drugs is money thrown away.

People take drugs. Some because they like it as an enhancement, some because

it&#39;s cool, some to forget..........

And don&#39;t forget the enormous amounts of perscribed drugs, taken by a much

harmfull then for instance pot.

Money should be spent on good education about drugs, good regulation and

prevention of abuse.

As long as mankind fails to make a society for all people, all you can do is try to

make the best for your own and surrounding kids.

By raising them as responsible people with an eye for the needs of others.

My two penny&#39;s.......

Yogs

To add to the discussion:

What would happen if all drugs were legalized tomorrow??
Well put SG, I can&#39;t help but support you view. Only one point...Did you mean "legal" drugs?

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MS+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MS)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues[/b]

Originally posted by BD+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BD)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>We have a large amount of members under 18, a large proportion of the whole forum. Some 12 &#036; 13, these are kids[/b]

Originally posted by MS
way to change the subject rikk but how is stealing serial numbers any worse than doing drugs

Originally posted by BD

<!--QuoteBegin-MS@
just as some drugs are gateway drugs, that lead to harder drugs, p2p leads to "other things" like hacking.[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-BD
So do you believe that parents who let their kids onto this forum. and P2P networks are being irresponsible then?[/quote]

What didn&#39;t you understand about the current of our conversation?

Honey
12-02-2003, 11:42 AM

uh huh SG...
and if its not glue... its petrol... :(
and if its not petrol ... its any solvent... flyspray, weed killers... just horrible.. :(

good work? like what? making a thread about cat killing just to get lots of responses? that seems more like being an attention whore, rather than being a good member.

@ MS... that&#39;s going off the topic darlin... and i think BD is debating this one really well... thats being a good member... :)

pol
12-02-2003, 11:43 AM
just to clear things up - my point of view in this thread was not about weed. and i still dont think that its good to point out "good", or however you want to word it, points of taking drugs, simply because there are so many young people here.

i&#39;d agree with the bad points about booze, i&#39;ve seen it do just as much harm as drugs, but i reckon the only good to come out of legalising weed is, as ilw said, getting rid of a certain element in society.

even people, myself included, who smoke/d weed cant say that it does&#39;nt screw with your head. there&#39;s a time and place for it if you want to do it, and a time and place for talking about it which i dont think is here.

Yogi
12-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by nigel123@2 December 2003 - 13:37

Well put SG, I can&#39;t help but support you view. Only one point...Did you mean "legal" drugs?
I don&#39;t understand. "Legal" drugs where??(in my piece...)

Yogi

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@2 December 2003 - 11:42

uh huh SG...
and if its not glue... its petrol... :(
and if its not petrol ... its any solvent... flyspray, week killers... just horrible.. :(

@ MS... that&#39;s going off the topic darlin... and i think BD is debating this one really well... thats being a good member... :)
he&#39;s also contradicting himself, making it appear as though he does drugs, but is against it for the purpose of this thread, just to argue. if so, that&#39;s lying, and that&#39;s not being a good member. that&#39;s appeasing the crowd.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ilw+2 December 2003 - 20:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ilw @ 2 December 2003 - 20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Billy i thought you used to be pro-weed? Has something changed, or is it just for the purpose of debate / for the craic? [/b]
I refer you to my post in reply to SG,

<!--QuoteBegin-BD
Talking in private with mates, is different to talking in public on a forum. I&#39;m sure if this conversation was between you and I, we would have a lot to talk about, but not here.[/quote]

Unfortunately ilw, I speak from experience, which has taught me that, at least in the long term, drugs fuck you up, they are easy to get onto, fucking hard to get off. At my age you compromise, I have mates that I do many things with, but "not in front of the kids".

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 09:37
and this was your response...

Do you remember the poll&#092;thread we had a while back MS, where people were asked their age? We have a large amount of members under 18, a large proportion of the whole forum. Some 12 &#036; 13, these are kids, who interact between us adults, (you are an adult, aren&#39;t you?) are impressionable. We have a duty to them to not encourage them to do anything that can fuck their lives up. If you want to talk drugs, go somewhere else and do it, this is not the place.

as you can see, i was talking about stealing software, about how that, too, can land you in jail.

and when i said CURRENT USERS i meant drug users, as in people who were doing drugs BEFORE they joined, and would like to take part in drug related discussions

Yogi
12-02-2003, 11:55 AM

Was that responding to me??

Cos i don&#39;t see the link...........

Yogi

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 20:47
he&#39;s also contradicting himself, making it appear as though he does drugs, but is against it for the purpose of this thread, just to argue. if so, that&#39;s lying, and that&#39;s not being a good member. that&#39;s appeasing the crowd.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not being a good member, as far as you are concerned, is not agreeing with you. You don&#39;t like it that your stupid idea has been rightly ridiculed. Where have I said, anywhere in this thread, that I do, or do not, take drugs?

You&#39;re getting desperate MS, maybe it&#39;s time you admitted you were wrong, be a man about it, I promise I won&#39;t mock you. <_<

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 08:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 2 December 2003 - 08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 17:16
i&#39;ve heard in teh netherlands(from a girl i met) you can get your ecstasy pills "checked" with this machine in the nightclubs and it tells you if its cut real bad or if its pure.
That&#39;s old news MS, we do that at all our rave parties, have done for years. We have a councillor there too. We also provide rest areas and free drinking water, and cool showers if we are in a suitable place. It&#39;s called being responsible.

here is the statement that i&#39;m referring to.

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 20:53
and when i said CURRENT USERS i meant drug users, as in people who were doing drugs BEFORE they joined, and would like to take part in drug related discussions

This gets funnier and funnier&#33;

What do you do? Get a letter from their parents? :lol: :lol:

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer+2 December 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer @ 2 December 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> here is the statement that i&#39;m referring to. [/b]
And here was my reply.

<!--QuoteBegin-BD
Not everyone at rave parties does drugs. And yes, we put them on, me and my mates. We&#39;ve been doing it since the late 70&#39;s in India. They were called Goa parties then.[/quote]

MediaSlayer
12-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 11:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 2 December 2003 - 11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 20:47
he&#39;s also contradicting himself, making it appear as though he does drugs, but is against it for the purpose of this thread, just to argue.&nbsp; if so, that&#39;s lying, and that&#39;s not being a good member.&nbsp; that&#39;s appeasing the crowd.

Not being a good member, as far as you are concerned, is not agreeing with you. You don&#39;t like it that your stupid idea has been rightly ridiculed. Where have I said, anywhere in this thread, that I do, or do not, take drugs?

You&#39;re getting desperate MS, maybe it&#39;s time you admitted you were wrong, be a man about it, I promise I won&#39;t mock you. <_<

i&#39;m not interested in being a "winner" in your eyes. there is more to life than winning and losing. it&#39;s how you live. if you don&#39;t like drugs, then don&#39;t take them. where is the problem?

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@2 December 2003 - 20:55

Was that responding to me??

Cos i don&#39;t see the link...........

Yogi
No SG, ilw.

Honey
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
this isnt getting personal now is it?... :huh:

stick to facts n figures... above the belt stuff only&#33;... :)

thewizeard
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+2 December 2003 - 11:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening &#064; 2 December 2003 - 11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@2 December 2003 - 13:37

Yogi[/b][/quote]

I was refering to this sentence...

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 21:00
... if you don&#39;t like drugs, then don&#39;t take them. where is the problem?
Telling kids they&#39;re cool.

Skweeky
12-02-2003, 12:12 PM
....and yet another drugs thread and I just HAVE to post :D

Ok, I&#39;ve been smoking marihuana on regular bases ever since I was 15. There are months I smoke every day, then there are months I don&#39;t smoke a thing (like right now). I don&#39;t need the high, but I like the relaxed feeling it gives you, I don&#39;t think it&#39;s addictive, at least it is not to me. I don&#39;t know what it&#39;s like with other people.

Over the years I tried several drugs; xtc, speed,etc...I could handle them when I was feeling ok. I think it&#39;s ok to experiment with drugs when you are sure your menthal health is alright. The times I used drugs to forget my problems for a while never ended in a good way...Drugs do broaden the mind, and they learn you a lot about yourself, but when you are already feeling down, the last thing you need is to learn that you&#39;re really not that &#39;good&#39; as you thought you were.

My point: drugs are for fun, maybe for relaxation, but they never solve a problem. Don&#39;t use them unless you are ok with yourself and your life :)

BTW: Also don&#39;t forget the nice muscle cramps speed gives you. Lying in your bed, been awake for 48 hours straight, you stretch, and there it is, in your foot, and it hurts like hell, and it won&#39;t go away. Then you TRULY feel how intoxicated your body is.

Yogi
12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by nigel123+2 December 2003 - 14:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 2 December 2003 - 14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SensualGardening@2 December 2003 - 11:45
<!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@2 December 2003 - 13:37

Yogi

I was refering to this sentence... [/b][/quote]
Nope.

I meant "illegal".

Yogi

Yogi
12-02-2003, 12:17 PM
My point: drugs are for fun, maybe for relaxation, but they never solve a problem. Don&#39;t use them unless you are ok with yourself and your life

Thanks, skweek&#33;
Totally my view.

Yogi

Evil Gemini
12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
MS, youre looking at things in black and white terms.

You cant just say if its illegal their is no difference.

Look into the grey side of it where people are dying from drugs.

Can you honestly say that p2p is just as bad just because its illegal ??

Honey
12-02-2003, 12:24 PM
@ Skweeky... and at 15 did you fully understand the risks you were taking?.. or did you have that view of... "it&#39;ll never happen to me?"...

have a 17 year old die in your arms from a heroin overdose...it may just change your perceptions... he thought he was invincible too&#33;..

MusicChick
12-02-2003, 12:26 PM
In my opinion, drugs (the illegal kind) do harm to your body. Yes medicine is also called drugs but those are ok, just as long as they are prescribed to you. I do believe that Marijauna can do alot of damage to your brain. I personally have seen the effects that it can have on some friends of mine. Try talking to someone that is so messed up that you have to repeat every thing 2 or 3 times to them. Its very aggravating. Weed kills brain cells, what good is that? Yes you can get high and feel great for a while, but people don&#39;t realize the long term effects that it can have on you. And I think that its a gateway drug. Most people that start smoking pot often venture off into some other drug. Smoking pot, doing acid or any other drug that is out there can only mess up your life. When you do drugs you are not only ruining your life, but also your family and friends lives. :( Yes this may not be the way anyone else feels but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Yogi
12-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Sorry, OZbabe.....

Comparing pot and Heroine..????
(Btw. you can get 80 on heroine.......It&#39; s mostly due to the big differences in quality(due to it being illegal....)that people overdose......)

Yogs

Billy_Dean
12-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by MusicChick@2 December 2003 - 21:26
Yes this may not be the way anyone else feels but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Yes, you are, and thank you for it.

Skweeky
12-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Ozbabe,

of course I did not understand the risks I was taking at 15, but everyone in my family smokes a joint every now and then. They have kids, they have a job, a nice house, cars, they functionate perfectally in society.

I&#39;m just saying that it doesn&#39;t have the same effect on anyone.

As for your question: My best friend got hooked on heroin, got into prostitution and killed herself and there was nothing I could do about it, so I do understand the risks of drug ABUSE.

There are more people who don&#39;t have a problem with it then there are who do, at least that&#39;s what it&#39;s like in my &#39;scene&#39;.
Maybe legalising it could get drug addiction out of marginality, and that, is in my view, the only way to start solving the problem (because I am certainly not denying there IS one).

Honey
12-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@2 December 2003 - 20:12
Ok, I&#39;ve been smoking marihuana on regular bases ever since I was 15.

Over the years I tried several drugs; xtc, speed,etc...I could handle them when I was feeling ok. I think it&#39;s ok to experiment with drugs when you are sure your menthal health is alright.
@ Yoge... in many cases marijuana is the gateway...

my post wasnt condeming or slamming Squeeky.. i asked a question.. did she know exactly what she was getting into at 15?... :)

yes i edited Skweekys post to show that she herself has said that she&#39;s experimented further... :)

ilw
12-02-2003, 12:54 PM
yes but why is marijuana considered a gateway drug? Is it because it inherently makes you seek out other drugs? No, theres nothing medically that causes this, in this respect its no different to nicotine or alcohol which are not considered gateway drugs. That imo just leaves the fact that marijuana is a gateway drug simply because its illegal.
Plus, i don&#39;t really believe the whole gateway drug thing, yes it probably is the first illegal drug people try because its basically harmless, but if marijuana didn&#39;t exist I think most hard drug users would probably just have started with something else.

Yogi
12-02-2003, 01:01 PM
in many cases marijuana is the gateway

That&#39;s mainly the case where all drugs are strongly prohibited.

It&#39;s not the marijuana being the gateway.

It&#39;s the dealers.

Decriminalising drugs will prevent that.

In the US 9% of harddrug-users came there through milder drugs.

In Holland it&#39;s 1,5 percent.

Yogs

muchspl2
12-02-2003, 05:00 PM
wow, this got big quick :o

Rappy
12-02-2003, 05:22 PM
here is what i feel if smokeing is legal but its harmful well come on why are some drugs illegal they may be lessharmful some of them at least i think smokeing should be illegal if all drugs are i will explain more about how i feel later im tired

brotherdoobie
12-02-2003, 06:52 PM
If you want to pick a gateway drug........How about caffine? ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

DanB
12-02-2003, 08:22 PM
I have been through stuff in my life due to drugs which have been hard, but this isnt the place for talking about them,

I strongly feel that legalising drugs can be a good thing. It will mean the Government can control the drugs and profit fro he sale of the drugs.

Think how much tax woyuld be raised? this could be put to use on education and rehabilitation. The fight against drugs will never be won so i think it is time something was done to help.

All that extra money to pay for the care of recovering addicts, education to stop people getting into them in the first place, it can any help. More importantly there would be no need for the drug dealers anymore - if the Government sold the drugs they could and should impose an age limit just like ciggerettes and alcohol.

That&#39;s my tuppence worth anyway :)