PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Disconnects Using Kazaa

The_Weedman
12-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Kazaa is causing my broadband connection to disconnect after about 20mins, but it's not a fixed time, its quite random.
It must be a problem with kazaa cos my connection is fine when im just surfing the web but when im downloading using kazaa it disconnects after about 20mins!!

Another problem is that it doesn't connect again, and i have to pull out the usb lead for the modem and put it back in to reset the connection.

Its doin my head in cos it means that if im downloading a large file and i go out, when i come back the internet has disconnected and ive only downloaded a few megs!

Someone please help, before i go insane!!

Leech_Killer
12-02-2003, 05:40 PM
There's certainly no reason why Kazaa would disconnect your broadband but some of the ISP's are trying to stop Peer2Peer sharing and are filtering the ports used by Kazaa, Emule etc.

Try changing the port that Kazaa connects on.

firefox
12-02-2003, 09:44 PM
More than likely it is your ISP doing it because they are monitoring traffic for P2P. Call them and ask them.

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 07:02 AM
also run the wizzard and set the correct download/upload speed, then lower your upload bandwidth in the options, don't download/upload too many files at once

if you still go the problem try the netlimiter

ofcourse this is only after you called your isp and made sure they are not caping kazaa or p2p

The_Weedman
12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Is my ISP allowed to just disconnect me like that?

I dont know much about ports to be honest, what port could i change to so that they cant stop me file sharing?

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Weedman@3 December 2003 - 10:56
Is my ISP allowed to just disconnect me like that?

I dont know much about ports to be honest, what port could i change to so that they cant stop me file sharing?
depends on the program but like i said there is no point on doing anything untill you call your isp

The_Weedman
12-04-2003, 02:21 PM
I contacted my ISP and they said they dont filter anything for file sharing or p2p and it should work ok.
Are there any settings i could change that might help?

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by The_Weedman@4 December 2003 - 10:21
I contacted my ISP and they said they dont filter anything for file sharing or p2p and it should work ok.
Are there any settings i could change that might help?
ok get netlimiter and start with a slow upload speed and raise it slowly and find a point where klite does not disconnect, also don't download too much either and dont run too many programs that use bandwidth at the same time

The_Weedman
12-04-2003, 03:34 PM
I tried using Kazaa as well as Kazaa Lite and I get the same problem.

Is there anything else i can try before using netlimiter?

Mik3ll
12-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by The_Weedman@4 December 2003 - 15:34
I tried using Kazaa as well as Kazaa Lite and I get the same problem.

Is there anything else i can try before using netlimiter?
First I suggest running ad-aware or spybot to get the spyware from regular kazaa out. :D

Switeck
12-05-2003, 03:58 AM
There are many really poor-quality routers and cablemodems out there, even when brand-new and 'working as designed'.

Some companies just make crap.

SomeoneSomwhere
12-05-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm having the same problem. Dial up, no P2P blocker, Previous Kazaa lite worked fine, but it's around 5-20 minutes. 2 max download, one max upload, 24 for max sharing bandwidth and it still cuts out. Even when I have it just running alone it does it. Any more suggestions?

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by SomeoneSomwhere@5 December 2003 - 05:30
I'm having the same problem. Dial up, no P2P blocker, Previous Kazaa lite worked fine, but it's around 5-20 minutes. 2 max download, one max upload, 24 for max sharing bandwidth and it still cuts out. Even when I have it just running alone it does it. Any more suggestions?
netlimiter

The_Weedman
12-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 December 2003 - 14:30

ok get netlimiter and start with a slow upload speed and raise it slowly and find a point where klite does not disconnect, also don't download too much either and dont run too many programs that use bandwidth at the same time [/quote]
Netlimiter didnt help,
its disconnecting even at low download speeds

I think im about to go insane, ive tried everything

Its just when im using p2p, when im downloading from the web it downloads fine, even at speeds above 80 kps

Anymore ideas?

mickas
01-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey boyz and girls , i also have had probs with kazaa ...firstly just connected with adsl working perfectly for a couple of dayz then kazaa would crash after a couple of minutes installed and reinstalled kazaa and also my OS still failed then it would't connect unless i was a supernode at that time i was the only user which don't help.............after countless hours funking around i rang my isp and he was
no help but said they don't monitor and/or cannot shut down kazaa or filter my downloads through it.....finallly did the last install and installed my adsl connection
program up different...that is i let my isp give me there isp number instead of me giving myself one.......rebooted the pc and awmegawd it funking worked.......
after listening to all the other nonsense floating through thepipeline .....and one last thing make sure ur adsl filter ain't on ur adsl line it must b on the phone line......sorry just had to mention that one ........i failed to read the instructions......
thats a mechanic for ya......................................