PDA

View Full Version : Completed Horror Series/ Movies

isaquebylde
02-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Horror is my favorite genre and watched almost all the classics and famous movies.
Do you guys have any recommendations? Also, looking for completed horror series, I hate waiting for new seasons and episodes :)

IdolEyes787
02-04-2021, 12:16 PM
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948). Because it was last time the most classic Universal monsters of would be together in non-cartoonish form and because I don't like horror movies that revel in cruelty.

rosendayoo
07-07-2021, 07:40 AM
Original Black Christmas is pretty awesome. Like original Halloween, movie itself isnt that scary. Then later on, you find yourself opening the closet door twice, just to be sure.

Then Mystic River always gave me the creeps.

anon
09-25-2021, 02:07 AM
can you please recommend a good horror movie similar to conjuring

Sylvester Stallone.

IdolEyes787
09-25-2021, 02:28 AM
Steven Seagal is far, far more terrifying.

soulreaper
09-25-2021, 04:15 AM
Try Shutter https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440803/

Also try Ils aka Them https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465203/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Make sure you get the originals with subtitles. Dubbed lowers the experience as was intended by the director.

If you like these I'll recommend more.

Finding them would be hard though specially in HD quality. That's why you need to be on sites like PTP.

anon
09-25-2021, 06:04 AM
Steven Seagal is far, far more terrifying.

Can't be worse than the last sequel to Arnold Schwarzenegger :alien:

IdolEyes787
09-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Counterpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXE-T4HPI

anon
09-25-2021, 05:40 PM
I think the fact he can run at all actually proves me right :turned:

megabyteme
09-26-2021, 03:35 AM
Original Black Christmas is pretty awesome. Like original Halloween, movie itself isnt that scary. Then later on, you find yourself opening the closet door twice, just to be sure.

I believe it's called 'Kwanzaa'. Racist.

Zupper
09-27-2021, 02:27 PM
I still think Aliens Series stands the test of time. I particularly liked Aliens (1986) and the Queen Alien.

IdolEyes787
09-29-2021, 11:51 AM
The problem with that is that Aliens is not a horror movie. A movie can have horrific elements and still not be Horror. Think Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom if you are confused by that statement.

anon
10-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Both of you make good points. I don't think of the Alien series as horror movies (more like sci-fi action), but they certainly have shades of such, especially the first. And the licensed game not only didn't suck, but was scary in its own right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6o49pbJaDo

Third movie was awful, though. Resurrection was okay.

IdolEyes787
10-01-2021, 11:42 PM
The original Alien was definitely Horror. Problems with that not being apparent is the setting where the USCSS Nostromo is in reality really just a stand-in for the traditional haunted house. What would you call Event Horizon then? It's also set in space and the crew run around a lot.

Zupper
10-03-2021, 01:44 PM
So what elements make a film a horror film?

IdolEyes787
10-03-2021, 02:53 PM
I would say that they invoke a feeling of dread. Notice I said dread, not fear because you can be afraid and still excited in a positive sort of way. With a horror movie as opposed to say an adventure, most of emotions the viewer feels are going to be quite negative. In horror movies, bad things almost always result in bad outcomes.
Btw that once didn't use to be the case like with the old Universal monster movies where the "good guys" still got to win in the end. Nowadays it's basically de rigueur that horror movies have to end on a downer which is something I don't like.

anon
10-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Problems with that not being apparent is the setting where the USCSS Nostromo is in reality really just a stand-in for the traditional haunted house.

Add the complete isolation and that in space no one can hear you scream and you're on :)

So what elements make a film a horror film?

I think uncertainty and the feeling that something is off hold far more weight than actual horror or scares. Say, The Shining. Even the elevator flood scene was less "eeek, ugh, that's a lot of blood" and more "okay... what was that, where did it come from, and why?".

Caballero
10-04-2021, 02:14 PM
I think uncertainty and the feeling that something is off hold far more weight than actual horror or scares.
I remember back in the day going to the cinema with my friends on Buck Night (all movies just a dollar), and since we were late, there was only one movie that had not started yet. Nobody knew anything about it, had never heard of it or its predecessor, and we were all just "Why not. Surely it will be entertaining and it's only a buck."

That movie was "Nightmare on Elm Street II".

Scarred me for life.

IdolEyes787
10-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Add the complete isolation and that in space no one can hear you scream and you're on :)

I killed a man with a Dyson once. His wife was in the very next room and she didn't hear a thing because there's no sound in a..... well, you know.

anon
10-06-2021, 03:23 AM
That movie was "Nightmare on Elm Street II".

Scarred me for life.

Did you need a heart transplant after Freddy vs. Jason? :alien:

she didn't hear a thing because there's no sound in a..... well, you know.

Explains why nothing shaina hears goes in one ear and out the other :shifty:

IdolEyes787
10-06-2021, 12:30 PM
If life were a bridge, shaina would be the proverbial water under it.

oldschool25
10-13-2021, 02:08 AM
Horror is my favorite genre and watched almost all the classics and famous movies.
Do you guys have any recommendations? Also, looking for completed horror series, I hate waiting for new seasons and episodes :)

Servant was pretty good, om AppleTv+

Skippynut
10-16-2021, 03:42 AM
Second vote for Servant