PDA

View Full Version : Problem Need Help Plz

Peerzy
12-02-2003, 10:42 PM
i have 10gb hard drive. i want 80. sud i buy a 80 and add it to my 10 (btw is this easy to do how do i do it?) or sud i just giv my old 1 away and get brand new one?

which is easyer??

thnx

RGX
12-02-2003, 10:52 PM
I would add the 80, and keep the 10, when it comes to hardware its relativley easy to do, turn PC off, open up case, touch sides to ground yourself, screw HDD into slot, plug power cable and IDE connection in, and put side back on, your ready to rock and roll

Peerzy
12-02-2003, 10:58 PM
i got win xp pro already on the 10gb hard drive so wod i just need to literally add it to the pc and thats it. wod i need to set it up. i herd sum1 on ebuyer tlking about hard drives and raid setups whats that?

thnx for all the help ppl

clocker
12-02-2003, 11:30 PM
How to install a hard drive. (http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/articles/howto/Hard_Drive_Install.html)

camille
12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 December 2003 - 06:58
i got win xp pro already on the 10gb hard drive so wod i just need to literally add it to the pc and thats it. wod i need to set it up. i herd sum1 on ebuyer tlking about hard drives and raid setups whats that?

thnx for all the help ppl
I'm pretty sure you have another extra IDE cable integrate with the mother board. Why not use the 10gig as you OS (primary) and 80 gig (slave). So when you defrag it's faster rather than using your new hd. Anyhow your XP is already installed in your old one.