PDA

View Full Version : Help With Star Wars Knight Of Republic Plz

Soul_stealer
12-03-2003, 03:02 AM
i installed the game,applied the crack, and everything works fine, until once the black screen shows and "brings" me in the game, i get a fatal error.... Reinstalled couple of times and still the same problem :(. I looked for the min specs and it said i had all recomended and above except opengl what is that??? I think it may be whats causing the problem... may be something else thought <_<

tHe LiNk
12-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Please post a copy of the fatal error you are seeing. Opengl wouldn&#39;t be your problem, if you want to learn what it is; Go here (http://www.opengl.org/developers/about/overview.html).

Cheese
12-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Soul_stealer@3 December 2003 - 04:02
i installed the game,applied the crack, and everything works fine, until once the black screen shows and "brings" me in the game, i get a fatal error.... Reinstalled couple of times and still the same problem :(. I looked for the min specs and it said i had all recomended and above except opengl what is that??? I think it may be whats causing the problem... may be something else thought&nbsp; <_<
You could try updating your graphics card driver. I&#39;d just reinstalled windows and my copy of KOTOR didn&#39;t work (with exactly the same problem) but after I updated the driver everything was fine ( I have a Radeon 8500 :( )

Hope that&#39;s some help cos this game is awesome :)

Soul_stealer
12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
ugh when i get that fatal error i cant copy :( i got windows xp and it shows me the error report thing so then i ask to see what it has in the report and i see the data but i cant copy it :(

Cheese
12-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Soul_stealer@5 December 2003 - 22:58
ugh when i get that fatal error i cant copy :( i got windows xp and it shows me the error report thing so then i ask to see what it has in the report and i see the data but i cant copy it :(
@soulstealer: the opengl prob you are having is EXACTLY same prob as I had, have you tried updating your graphics card yet? What graphics card have you got?

abu_has_the_power
12-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+3 December 2003 - 07:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 3 December 2003 - 07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Soul_stealer@3 December 2003 - 04:02
i installed the game,applied the crack, and everything works fine, until once the black screen shows and "brings" me in the game, i get a fatal error.... Reinstalled couple of times and still the same problem :(. I looked for the min specs and it said i had all recomended and above except opengl what is that??? I think it may be whats causing the problem... may be something else thought&nbsp; <_<
You could try updating your graphics card driver. I&#39;d just reinstalled windows and my copy of KOTOR didn&#39;t work (with exactly the same problem) but after I updated the driver everything was fine ( I have a Radeon 8500 :( )

Hope that&#39;s some help cos this game is awesome :) [/b][/quote]
yea. the graphx driver is very important. i installed an older version driver of my ati, and the game didn&#39;t work.

Soul_stealer
12-10-2003, 12:40 AM
im sorry but im very newby when it comes to comp specs and graphic/sound cards and all :unsure: ... how i upgrade my graphics driver ;) . Is it by going to the companys site and you can donload the driver? :rolleyes: im not sure but i think if this is a video card, but im running on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 if thats what you talking about <_< .

Cheese
12-10-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Soul_stealer@9 December 2003 - 23:40
im sorry but im very newby when it comes to comp specs and graphic/sound cards and all :unsure: ... how i upgrade my graphics driver ;) . Is it by going to the companys site and you can donload the driver? :rolleyes: im not sure but i think if this is a video card, but im running on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 if thats what you talking about <_< .
go here and update your driver

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce2mx.html

Soul_stealer
12-10-2003, 10:27 PM
it works :D cant wait to try it :rolleyes: thank you for all the help B)

Cheese
12-10-2003, 10:34 PM
excellent news :) have fun with the games soul stealer B)

Global Media Trader
12-10-2003, 10:39 PM
KOTOR told me i did not meet the recommended requirements with a TI 4200 and 256MB of RAM.

And the game would not play on the crack alone. i would get a error trying to play from the crack untill i put in CD1, then it played fine