PDA

View Full Version : Is The Network That Infected Or Is It Me?

2ndmouse
12-03-2003, 05:30 AM
almost EVERY file I try to download sets off norton AV... says it has cought "w32.kwbot.f.worm"

its a real pain, I mean 9 out of 10 files from music to video are worms, according to NAV.

is this happening to everyone or do I have a screwy system?

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-03-2003, 06:33 AM
i dont have any idea what your talking aboot.

anyways i dont use a antivirus program or a firewall. ooo im BAD :D :D

ZaZu
12-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Symantec (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.f.worm.html)
Removal instructions are at the bottom of the page B)

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by 2ndmouse@3 December 2003 - 01:30
almost EVERY file I try to download sets off norton AV... says it has cought "w32.kwbot.f.worm"

its a real pain, I mean 9 out of 10 files from music to video are worms, according to NAV.

is this happening to everyone or do I have a screwy system?
try our verified and request section

2ndmouse
12-03-2003, 07:44 AM
oh the worm doesnt need removed, norton deletes it when it finds it, and tells me it did. and as per the symantec site info i did a search for those files they are not there.

I request a file, most of the time norton says "stop, we just picked up the worm in the my shared files folder..what shoud we do?"
i tell it delete it.
I do more deleting than downloading.
its odd, the worm is loaded before the file share connection is even made. you would think then the worm was there before anyway but norton scans and it isnt.

i pick a file I want , click on it to download and instantly norton stops everything.

so if the worm file isnt on the HD, norton has deleted it when it found it, WHERE is the damn thing coming from?

i got key marks on my forehead... ive been chasing this thing for days :blink:

thanks for the replys..

try our verified and request section

where is, and what is, that?

I have been looking for it and still am, nudge me in the right direction..please?

thanks for the help guys

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 07:58 AM
go here and notice (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=idx)

all the worlds you would go to have a verified and request section

like movie, game, music, software

2ndmouse
12-03-2003, 08:03 AM
cool thanks a lot!

muchspl2
12-03-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 07:33

your a fucking idiot, and put everyone you download/upload to in jeopardy

MUSLEMAN
12-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 02:33

for all of you that ask why are there so many virus on klite,,, here is you answer

Cyril
12-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 19:33

Dumbarse.

3rd gen noob
12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 2ndmouse@3 December 2003 - 04:30
its a real pain, I mean 9 out of 10 files from music to video are worms, according to NAV
didn't know i was possible to insert virii into mp3's :)

muchspl2
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+3 December 2003 - 10:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 3 December 2003 - 10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 02:33
bla bla loser who will crash and burn for being such dumbass bla bla
for all of you that ask why are there so many virus on klite,,, here is you answer [/b][/quote]
you&#39;re right, he is the smoking gun

jetje
12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by 2ndmouse
the worm is loaded before the file share connection is even made. you would think then the worm was there before anyway but norton scans and it isnt.

did you already tried an online scan? because if you have an infected system it could be possible the viri is active before NAV even is loaded and therefor won&#39;t recognize it. Just an idea... ;)
Also remember AV progs most times Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder &#33; read an article about that here @ microsoft support (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q263/4/55.ASP&NoWebContent=1) so after the removal empty your trash can

2ndmouse
12-04-2003, 06:37 AM
ok update.. fixed but i dunno why. :blink:

i scanned all my shared files... clean by NAv standards.
I got a copy of antitrojan 5.5... everything clean.

I read after long hours of picking here someone said remove all the shared files and then try to see if it (another problem in that post thread) would fix it so I thought hey... why the heck not.

that fixed it. I no longer get those repeated worm virus warnings.
now I spacificly scanned for viruses, and since NAV catches that worm i spoke of before.... :unsure:

I put them all back,and suprise, it still works fine. now WHY did the act of just moving all the shared files out of the folder, restarting the program, then putting all the files back fix this problem? if it was a dirty file wouldnt it STILL be in that folder???

;)
I hate it when ya fix a problem but ccant figure out why the cure worked.. any ideas?

I&#39;ll chalk it up as a random windows weirdness outburst. I&#39;m getting nused to those. :P

if moving the shared files and putting them back fixed my problem and another totally different problem... ahhh forget it. :lol:

thanks for the help..

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 11:49 AM
after moving them to a temp folder and scanning them did your av find anything??