PDA

View Full Version : Full Albums

DragonTM
02-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey wassup, does anybody can help me out with downloading full albums? Are there any other options then KaZaa? I already tried www.21century-mp3.com , but I tried to download an album and than it says : Error! File not available! ??? How come?? Does this mean that the 21century site is too busy at this moment? Can you help me out? :huh:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-13-2003, 03:48 PM
:D Go to SoulSeek (http://www.slsk.org/) buddy.....alot of full albums and a great program for Music.Look for some of us Music Fans from this forum in the chat room called "KAZAA LITE TK BOARD".

Welcome to the forum...not only about KazaaLite...but file sharing in general. :D

DragonTM
02-13-2003, 04:15 PM
thnx I will try it out... :)

DiogenesUK
02-15-2003, 06:55 AM
You could also try selecting 'audio' in kazaalite search,and putting albumwrap as your search term,assuming you haven't tried that already of course.

Then you'll simply need to d/l and install albumwrap extractor,also on kazaa.

Hope this has helped a little. :ph34r:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-15-2003, 07:02 AM
;) Yeah but finding a complete album on Kazaa is a pain,lets say you know of a song from that album...you serch for it and find it.Then you figure well if he has this song he might have the rest of the album.You go to browse and boom he either has 10000 files that take forever to load up or he don't have shit...just that one song.With SoulSeek you get a explorer-like panel with folders of the whole album,right click and download folder,no haveing to move 10 files into a folder and nameing it,it is already done for you. :D

DiogenesUK
02-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Fair comment Funky,in fact I've just this minute downloaded soulseek 139.exe from their site,so I'll give it a whirl shortly,you never know,they may even get a donation from me if it's a good 'un ;)

ellis
02-15-2003, 05:58 PM
DC++ is pretty good for full albums but it needs patience. It's a very different experience from Kazaa.

I see Kazaa as like a one night stand - good for a quick result but DC is more like a marriage - you have to give it time and work at it but it might be more rewarding in the long run (depending on what you want!).

You have to have at least 5GB to share. You need to find some decent hubs. Then you need to find who has the good stuff. Downloads are slower because you only download from one person. It's only worthwhile if you have broadband. But there are people with amazing collections there.

J'Pol
02-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Albumwraps is your boy. Type it into k++ and you will find thousands.

Use Albumwrap extractor to split them into individual files if you want.

Has something for all tastes. I even got John McLaughlin - Electric Guitarist. That's pretty obscure.

If you want you can convert these to CD Audio with Nero, on the fly. These will play on your radiogram.

Cheers

JimF

Benno
02-15-2003, 06:58 PM
I downloaded Soulseek a few days ago and it just works perfect, you should give it a try. :)

TwizteD
02-16-2003, 02:14 AM
soulseek is the best ive seen for music. u get to see how fast u would dlaod off sum1, but i couldnt find kazaa chat =\ i wanna get some movies i think we need to get more users on this client it if far better than kazaa

Infested Cats
02-16-2003, 07:12 AM
The people for Full albums are definatley FuNkY CaPrIcOrN and Colt Seevers. Both of them are regulars on SoulSeek.
When we had the verifides section on the forum, they filled up pages with full albums!

My opinion: SoulSeek is the best for FULL ALBUMS. Kazaa is just about anyting else, and DC++ is for rare things, or larger files.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@16 February 2003 - 02:12
The people for Full albums are definatley FuNkY CaPrIcOrN and Colt Seevers. Both of them are regulars on SoulSeek.
When we had the verifides section on the forum, they filled up pages with full albums!

My opinion: SoulSeek is the best for FULL ALBUMS. Kazaa is just about anyting else, and DC++ is for rare things, or larger files.
:huh: Yeah but where is Colt Seevers?Have not seen him since the war. :huh:

TRshady
02-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Thanx for telling us the sites. Watch out though there are many mp3 sites that ask u to download an 'mp3pug-in' which is actually the trojan virus downloader.small (the bastards).

J'Pol
02-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info

If anyone asks me to install an 'mp3pug-in' I will certainly decline it. No pug-ins for me boy.

Cheers

JimF

TRshady
02-16-2003, 10:33 PM
opps, i meant plug-in but you know i mean. :)