PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers, post up

j2k4
02-22-2021, 01:13 AM
Summon your courage and prove you're there.

The, uhh, let's see, the U.N. wants to know...yeah, that's the ticket.

anon
02-22-2021, 06:28 AM
1000 posts deletes coronavirus, 2000 undoes Brexit, 3000 makes everyone time travel back to Election Day 2016 with all memories preserved.

Like if you agree, comment if you agree.

IdolEyes787
02-22-2021, 12:17 PM
Tempting people with a promise of a better World is one thing, anon, but when it comes right down to it, most people are only in it for themselves. That's why if shit ever truly hits the fan and it becomes a question of them or you, it's always going to be you.
What I saying is that if you were truly seriously about people posting you'd offer them something useful like a new Playstation 5 instead of World peace.

Caballero
02-22-2021, 01:26 PM
Oh, I don't know, I'd post stuff for a piece of the world. Ideally one rich in minerals and rare earths.

Stehle
02-22-2021, 04:36 PM
I agree anon ... next let's try locking up or deleting the Offensive thread as it may help any tits up electrical, frozen water pipe crisis in the lone star area... as that is truly Offensive for 2021....

@Cab... nice to see that hat again. :)

Caballero
02-22-2021, 08:50 PM

It's been a week... Still not quite done with the fallout (power spike took out my computer's power supply; since fcuking DELL is not using standard parts, I have to wait until the end of the week to get a replacement), but at least the lights are on and we got water back last night. Slowly returning to normal.

j2k4
02-22-2021, 09:44 PM
None of you are lurkers.

I am disappoint.

Glad to hear you're good, Cabbie.

No broken pipes, I hope?

IdolEyes787
02-22-2021, 10:44 PM
None of you are lurkers.

If any one took my advice and pretended there was a Playstation 5 to be somehow won then the place would have been crawling with previous lurkers by now. :snooty:

Caballero
02-23-2021, 05:52 AM

No broken pipes, I hope?

No, my glass is half full. All the water in my neighborhood is going through a pump house in our gated community (I guess city's water pressure is not high enough). Since the pumps don't work without power, we lost water two days before everyone else in town. But that also meant that the pipes were empty by the time the big freeze came.

megabyteme
02-23-2021, 06:50 AM
3000 makes everyone time travel back to Election Day 2016 with all memories preserved

Good gawd why would I want to relive AND remember?? Talk about a curse. Why not throw in, 'and you have to spend it while living with Idol'...

IdolEyes787
02-23-2021, 01:20 PM
A wise woman named Millie Bobby Brown once said to me, "Idol, you're a man who is hard to live with but impossible to live without".

Stehle
02-23-2021, 04:41 PM
"Idol, you're a man who is hard to live with...but impossible to live without".

Once upon a time... the FST site was broken... I looked to Google for an answer... several folks posted... "Yeah, Idol must have broke it!" :shifty:

True story.

@Meg ...face it... he's infamous. :pinch:

Caballero
02-23-2021, 06:05 PM

That's not how you spell "incestuous".

Stehle
02-23-2021, 06:15 PM

That's not how you spell "incestuous".

:lol:... I never was a good speller... :lol:

IdolEyes787
02-23-2021, 08:13 PM
Just like you honkies, always trying to keep us Black folk down.

IdolEyes787
02-23-2021, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that one, if not both of you had something to do with Chadwick Boseman's death.

IdolEyes787
02-23-2021, 08:21 PM
I see that Tiger Woods was just in a serious car accident. All I have to say is both of you better have solid alibis.

j2k4
02-23-2021, 09:47 PM
None of you are lurkers.

If any one took my advice and pretended there was a Playstation 5 to be somehow won then the place would have been crawling with previous lurkers by now. :snooty:

I was obviously deficient when first I read that.

You're right, we'd be awash in Lurk.

No broken pipes, I hope?

No, my glass is half full. All the water in my neighborhood is going through a pump house in our gated community (I guess city's water pressure is not high enough). Since the pumps don't work without power, we lost water two days before everyone else in town. But that also meant that the pipes were empty by the time the big freeze came.

Funny how luck presents, eh?

Good on you.

A wise woman named Millie Bobby Brown once said to me, "Idol, you're a man who is hard to live with but impossible to live without".

Never met her, but I'm sure she meant to stop at "Idol, you're a man who is hard".

Why she was given to embellishment at that precise moment or had the breath left to actually give voice to such frippery is anyone's guess.

I see that Tiger Woods was just in a serious car accident. All I have to say is both of you better have solid alibis.

I'm saying prayers for him, hoping for liveable news. ;)

Where in the fuck has Shay been, anyway.

anon
02-24-2021, 04:33 AM

Relax, you'll get your GayStation 5" as soon as a truck full of them dares to drive through my neighborhood :console:

anon
02-24-2021, 04:34 AM
It's been a week... Still not quite done with the fallout (power spike took out my computer's power supply; since fcuking DELL is not using standard parts, I have to wait until the end of the week to get a replacement), but at least the lights are on and we got water back last night. Slowly returning to normal.

Glad to hear that and glad it was "just" the power supply. Perhaps you'll find surge protectors to be a worthy investment after this?

anon
02-24-2021, 04:35 AM
Good gawd why would I want to relive AND remember?? Talk about a curse. Why not throw in, 'and you have to spend it while living with Idol'...

The idea was learning from history, not repeating it :mushy: Even though then it wouldn't have happened therefore not becoming history, but you get the idea.

megabyteme
02-24-2021, 09:16 AM
Half the country knew before 2016 that it was going to be a complete clusterfuck. We just didn't know how he would make it happen.

Lesson learned: our way of life will end due to a narcissistic psychopath who is popular with the dumbest 30% and cowardly right wing politicians.

I mean..."antifa". :rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
02-24-2021, 01:38 PM

Relax, you'll get your GayStation 5" as soon as a truck full of them dares to drive through my neighborhood :console: I have no respect for any company that is too cheap to pay off the local federales.

Stehle
02-24-2021, 04:35 PM

Glad to hear that and glad it was "just" the power supply. Perhaps you'll find surge protectors to be a worthy investment after this?

Hmm... yeah.... or else a inexpensive UPS may be the ticket... UPC UPS, 1500VA UPS Battery Backup perhaps. :)

(Sez one of a lightning capital states user... I learned. Okay... back to lurking.) ;) :alien:

Caballero
02-24-2021, 09:18 PM
I got the computer sitting behind an APC UPS that should have protected it from any power surge. All the other equipment that's hooked up to it (Monitor, etc) still work. Not sure what happened here...?

j2k4
02-25-2021, 12:54 AM
Other brands have perks.

Dell has quirks.

anon
02-25-2021, 07:51 AM
I mean..."antifa". :rolleyes:

And illegal voters.

anon
02-25-2021, 07:51 AM
I got the computer sitting behind an APC UPS that should have protected it from any power surge. All the other equipment that's hooked up to it (Monitor, etc) still work. Not sure what happened here...?

Either the UPS is very good and just saved you from a major frying with minimal damage, or it sucks and you also had luck on the side.

PMG7
02-25-2021, 02:52 PM

Dell have always been proprietary as far back as I can remember. Pretty sure that's where Apple learnt it from.
Time to build your own rig Caballero.

Meaning get your ass back in the game, my mouse finger is getting tired.

Caballero
02-25-2021, 04:41 PM
I used to build my own systems, but when the last one died on me (don't even remember what happened) I had an immediate replacement need and no time to scope out specs. So off to Costco I went, and in all fairness the system is doing what it needs to be doing (I don't play these fancy modern games anymore, so I am not too fussed about all the latest graphic cards and overclocking and whatnot). The price was right at the time.

Best case scenario -- I'll be back in NZB-posting mode in about 48 hours. :)

And thanks again for your support.

Stehle
02-25-2021, 06:26 PM

Hmm... back in '95 I acquired a used "conditioner" UPS (Old NASA shit.)... weighed almost a ton! (batteries?) Had 4 home built PC's... 2 were later confiscated for ALLEGED cracking activities. At that point I was going to rubbish bin that heavy dinosaur.

After discussing this with my Onan / Cummings generator man.... (I used a 4 cylinder Onan / With automatic transfer power box, all 500g tank propane driven.) He said, "Keep using it, as it was a fluctuating cycles that caused all the mischief with PC's." (I had it set to come to life 2ns after power loss for the farm.)

Irregular cycles / spikes of power... on/off/on medium/off... that the APC UPS probably didn't handle fast enough may have caused the issue with you're power supply.

That weird heavy 1/2 a end table sized hunk of junk probably saved my bacon a few times back then. ;)

Just a theory mind you.

FYI... I have a Dell Win7 (server/workstation) and Dell Win10 (mini-tower). One I modded (yes, it can be done slightly)... if you know what your doing.

Even took some photos of it when I started... BUT, after seeing anon's mod photos... I just hung my head in shame... :sadwalk:

Caballero
02-25-2021, 10:07 PM
Good news! Got a call this afternoon that my system was ready to be picked up.

Bad news! Get a flashing aber power light rather than a solid green, leading me to believe that the replacement power supply is a tad undersized and does not supply enough power to each component. Idiots.

Back to Square One. Sorry, PMG7. :(

PMG7
02-26-2021, 01:04 AM
Good news! Got a call this afternoon that my system was ready to be picked up.

Bad news! Get a flashing aber power light rather than a solid green, leading me to believe that the replacement power supply is a tad undersized and does not supply enough power to each component. Idiots.

Back to Square One. Sorry, PMG7. :(

Not to worry Caballero, I'll fill in till your back.

anon
02-26-2021, 07:16 AM
FYI... I have a Dell Win7 (server/workstation) and Dell Win10 (mini-tower). One I modded (yes, it can be done slightly)... if you know what your doing.

Even took some photos of it when I started... BUT, after seeing anon's mod photos... I just hung my head in shame... :sadwalk:

You must be confusing me with Skizo, he's the one who posted those awesome builds :) I don't even own a desktop tower nowadays, but the ones I did have in the past were nothing special.

I'm confident I could make the Guiness Record for longest continuous ownership and usage of a single computer, though: 2004-2019.

Stehle
02-26-2021, 05:51 PM
...after seeing anon's mod photos... I just hung my head in shame... :sadwalk:

You must be confusing me with Skizo, he's the one who posted those awesome builds :) I don't even own a desktop tower nowadays, but the ones I did have in the past were nothing special.

I'm confident I could make the Guiness Record for longest continuous ownership and usage of a single computer, though: 2004-2019.

Indeed... I may have the poster back then askew... (memory is for shite this past year), so I may be mistaken... all that stands out now is a... cat sitting on a case or desk around that time. :unsure:

Anyways... kudos to whomever built it and posts I saw. :)

Haven't built one from scratch since '06... had to have a bit of lot help on that one. It finally bit the dust in '19 ...slow as it was. {sigh}

Caballero
02-27-2021, 12:22 AM
Indeed... I may have the poster back then askew... (memory is for shite this past year), so I may be mistaken...

Well, you know what they say -- memory is the second thing to go.

anon
02-27-2021, 07:22 AM
Indeed... I may have the poster back then askew... (memory is for shite this past year), so I may be mistaken... all that stands out now is a... cat sitting on a case or desk around that time. :unsure:

In all fairness, that was the highlight of the picture... as cats usually are. :)

Stehle
02-27-2021, 03:21 PM
Thanks, anon... yes, it's the cat i remembered the most so it seems. :)

I adopted... (Well, one of my renters left it.) ....a fixed Tabby with 6 claws on each paw... he answers to the name of... "Shithead" ...and the ex has been feeding him about 5 years or so.

Drools consistently when i pet him... with the pandemic... well our relationship has changed In the past year. :pinch:

One I used to have looked quite similar to the one depicted in the photo. {sigh}

anon
03-01-2021, 03:27 AM
I adopted... (Well, one of my renters left it.) ....a fixed Tabby with 6 claws on each paw... he answers to the name of... "Shithead" ...and the ex has been feeding him about 5 years or so.

Drools consistently when i pet him...

That's so cute :wub: I have thought about adopting a cat myself, but I never had pets growing up, so I wouldn't know where to start... and an animal isn't a toy, it's a living being that will suffer if/when I show incompetence.

Which is also the same reason I fear for the well-being of pets that were adopted last year, at the height of lockdown measures around the world. Yes, a lot of shelters were emptied, but what will happen after things settle down and people return to their former everyday routines?

IdolEyes787
03-01-2021, 12:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaVL8_kgaw8&lc=Ugxx9xuF8yVew79-w5B4AaABAg

Stehle
03-01-2021, 06:09 PM
That's so cute :wub: ... I wouldn't know where to start... and an animal isn't a toy, it's a living being that will suffer if/when I show incompetence.

...people return to their former everyday routines?

Start with a Goldfish or better yet... a Betta Splendens (https://www.google.com/search?q=betta+splendens&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjciuu004_vAhUkszEKHWzxBtUQ_AUoAnoECBcQBA&biw=1536&bih=750) (Male). The former will never complain, the latter is VERY solitary... breathes surface air... they'll fight. Easy maintenance for both. :)

Put a mirror facing a Betta... what a show! ;)

Get you're feet wet!! ;) Break the ice... kittens will follow... and you'll know. :yup:

Look at me... I used to raise millions and millions of ornamental fish every year*! :)

Routine Away! (Both are Very Hardy)

IdolEyes787
03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Fish are for people who recoil from all forms of affection.

IdolEyes787
03-01-2021, 06:35 PM
I have an opossum that comes around every night to eat the dry cat food I leave out for him if you're interested, anon.

Sure it's ugly but look at it as a positive as you won't be all heartbroken when it gets run over by a car. Just be sure that's it dead though because it might only be playing possum.:glagpinch:

Stehle
03-01-2021, 06:53 PM

Short Story time...

I once had a friend who called her Betta... "Elvis"...

Back in the late 90's she came running in my hatchery hysterically crying...

I asked her, "Calm down, calm down... what can be so wrong?"

She said sobbing, "Elvis is dead!"

(Now... it was the '90's... the "King" had been dead for many years... I almost started to state that but...)

I remembered and said, "You poor, poor dear when is the funeral?"

She truly loved that fish with an affection many hope to achieve.

We comfort the living with any loss in their lives.

Stehle
03-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Stephen King has a new novel out called... "Later".

j2k4
03-01-2021, 09:16 PM

Precisely why I eat them; that, and because of other stuff.

I have an opossum that comes around every night to eat the dry cat food I leave out for him if you're interested, anon.

Sure it's ugly but look at it as a positive as you won't be all heartbroken when it gets run over by a car. Just be sure that's it dead though because it might only be playing possum.:glagpinch:

Possums are great - had one for a pet down in GA.

Looking back, it was a risky proposition - never should have done it, but they can be outside and pretty damned clean, depending on the environment.

Downright cuddly, troo story.

Short Story time...

(Now... it was the '90's... the "King" had been dead for many years... I almost started to state that but...)

We comfort the living with any loss in their lives.

Betas can be pretty engaging, though they're looked upon as the cats of the underwater crowd.

^other stuff^

Fish are hard to hug.

Hugged a shark, once.

My Uncle had just caught it off Chesapeake Bay and it was hanging dead on the dock.

A 7-foot Great White; didn't know what it was until I went home and consulted The Britannica.

Think I was about three.

Stephen King has a new novel out called... "Later".

Last King book I read was IT, thirty-odd years ago.

Was reading myself to sleep once and nodded-off reading the harcover version.

Gashed the bridge of my nose open, had to glue it closed in the bathroom.

Caballero
03-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Shay should give y'all an introduction to the Book of Kings when ge reappears. I'm told it's good reading.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-book-of-kings-religion-meets-geo-politics-ancient-style/

IdolEyes787
03-01-2021, 09:38 PM

Short Story time...

We comfort the living with any loss in their lives. I feel bad for the lady but the fact that non-sociopaths can also own fish doesn't disprove what I said, Stehle. You don't have to be a kleptomaniac to steal. It just...helps.
Btw the true weirdos are the people who own constrictors. j2K4 probably got a story about that too.

j2k4
03-01-2021, 09:42 PM
...j2K4 probably got a story about that too.

Never spent much time that far south.

IdolEyes787
03-01-2021, 10:09 PM
Too bad. It would have made for a great hugging story.

megabyteme
03-02-2021, 04:04 AM
Shay should give y'all an introduction to the Book of Kings when ge reappears. I'm told it's good reading.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-book-of-kings-religion-meets-geo-politics-ancient-style/

Shay and 'book' have never been used in the same post before. At least not without /s.

anon
03-02-2021, 08:49 AM
Start with a Goldfish or better yet... a Betta Splendens (https://www.google.com/search?q=betta+splendens&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjciuu004_vAhUkszEKHWzxBtUQ_AUoAnoECBcQBA&biw=1536&bih=750) (Male). The former will never complain, the latter is VERY solitary... breathes surface air... they'll fight. Easy maintenance for both. :)

Sounds like a lot of work, can't I start with a potted plant or something? :stuart: I found this though, seems awesome enough.

https://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-has-been-beaten-by-a-siamese-fighting-fish/

anon
03-02-2021, 08:49 AM

Sure it's ugly but so am I

Fixed.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2021, 12:13 PM
I forgive you for your lack of a soul, bro.

Stehle
03-02-2021, 06:49 PM
...j2K4 probably got a story about that too.

Never spent much time that far south.

Umm... word is they're slithering north... watch out for them. :blink:

Stehle
03-02-2021, 06:53 PM

Sure it's ugly but so am I

Fixed.

Yeah, they're also immune to most poisonous snake venom... pity. :dry:

Stehle
03-02-2021, 07:01 PM

Wow! ...and I just started "Babylon Berlin"...

(I would have never have guessed they had porn in the 1920's. Go figure.) :alien:

Stehle
03-02-2021, 07:07 PM

Sounds like a lot of work, can't I start with a potted plant or something? :stuart: I found this though, seems awesome enough.

https://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-has-been-beaten-by-a-siamese-fighting-fish/

Sure, very low maintenance. Good sun and water occasionally. :)