PDA

View Full Version : Avipreview Prob

hungrylilboy
12-04-2003, 12:35 AM

wenze1
12-04-2003, 02:17 AM
Don't use the new codecs.There's a flaw in the avi preview.

Mik3ll
12-04-2003, 04:04 AM
Try this, its a possible solution posted by Paul:

Possible fix:

Start > Run > regsv32 /u avisplitter.ax
Start > Run > regsv32 quartz.dll

hungrylilboy
12-04-2003, 10:50 AM

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@3 December 2003 - 20:35
it isnt playing the entire clip.
say 15 seconds is shown as the amount to be played, it will play 10 then jump to the end.
why?
whats wrong?
only just started doing this
there isnt a flaw in the new codecs mine work fine

download the klite codec pack and videolan, codec pack has bs player and gspot, between the bsplayer and videolan you can play anything and the gspot you can use to see if the files are real or fake

hungrylilboy
12-04-2003, 12:26 PM

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@4 December 2003 - 08:26
i disagree muscleman. There is def a flaw. I have removed the very latest (released on 27th nov i think) and avi preview works as normal. Put it back and it plays a few seconds and then jumps to end
hey boss, there is a lot of us out here using it and we don&#39;t have that problem, you think yours might have to do with the enviroment< perhaps???

otherwise please explain why i or others have not had the same experience, and "i don&#39;t know" is not acceptable

TheGatherer
12-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I have the latest one and it works fine.

Mik3ll
12-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@4 December 2003 - 10:50
ok have removed the new codec pack. Can someone give me a link to the old one then pls.
Thanks
Go to the Kazaa Lite page (http://doa2.host.sk), go to where you have to download the latest codec, then look under the list of the latest, and you will see the older version.

hungrylilboy
12-04-2003, 10:50 PM

TheGatherer
12-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Has Anyone Actually Checked if the Version of AVI Preview in the Old Codec Pack is an Older Version of the Version in the New Codec pack? I would be willing 2 bet that the Version of AVI Preview is the same in both packs, It is probably the Codecs that are the Problem. So will whoever has the Old Codec Pack still Installed Open AVI Preview and Post the Version here Please. The Version for the New Codec Pack on My Comp is a hack of AviPreview 0.26a

ZeroTolerance
12-05-2003, 01:35 AM
:o HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,ITS EITHER ITS FAKE OR CODEC OR REAL. YEA&#33;

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@4 December 2003 - 18:50
muscleman: no need to get upset cos ur wrong for once. I usually respect what you have to say but you are wrong in this respect.
Three people in this topic have said something is wrong with the new codec pack and a 4th has already suggested a solution.
My old codec pack def DID work with avipreview and the new one def DID NOT work so it is not enviroment.
I do not know enough about it to say and i do not pretend to but it could be to do with the progs and codecs ppl install from the pack and settings.
But again, you were wrong, there is a def prob as it is not only me with this prob. You are a great source of help but learn to accept that even you are wrong on this occasion and count urself lucky that yours is working fine.
first of all i&#39;m not upset, second you need to accept that its you guys that don&#39;t know how to config the new one and thats where your problem is, the only reason the old one works for you guys is because there is less adjusting(aka dumb down)

the new one has more codecs and options, so why don&#39;t you just accept that its you or the enviroment, i mean if out of say 1000 people, 10 have a problem, how would you say its the software?? i mean what about the other 990 people that don&#39;t have that problem??

think about it boss http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gif

for example have a look here (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86025)

100%
12-05-2003, 12:26 PM
I also have this problem
with avi preview
so is there a solution........or just grievance

just tried the-
Start > Run > regsv32 /u avisplitter.ax
Start > Run > regsv32 quartz.dll
fix
for some reason windows cant find regsv32

One-eye
12-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I have the same problem too. As soon as I installed the new codecs avipreview just shows the beginning of the vid for 1 sec then jumps to the end. I also couldn&#39;t get the regsv32 to run on winxp pro. muchspl2 suggested that I use videolan instead and so I downloaded it and it works fine I could see the full preview. So I think the problem might be with avipreview rather than the codec pack itself at least in my case.

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by One&#045;eye@5 December 2003 - 11:12
I have the same problem too. As soon as I installed the new codecs avipreview just shows the beginning of the vid for 1 sec then jumps to the end. I also couldn&#39;t get the regsv32 to run on winxp pro. muchspl2 suggested that I use videolan instead and so I downloaded it and it works fine I could see the full preview. So I think the problem might be with avipreview rather than the codec pack itself at least in my case.
@Zedaxax that is where my link would take people

@One-eye its regsvr32 /u avisplitter.ax or regsvr32 quartz.dll

so any of you people ever read the other posts in the thread or do you just want to post???

TheGatherer
12-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TheGatherer@4 December 2003 - 14:23
I have the latest one and it works fine.
I take it back it is doing it 2 me now as well. Maby it is because it says Hacked Verson in the Version Number?