PDA

View Full Version : Class Not Registered

mmp
12-04-2003, 01:39 PM
What's wrong? When I try to preview a movie (.avi) in Windows MediaPlayer, I get an error message "Class not registered". If I try to preview it with AVI preview, there is no error message, but the movie is blank (no pictures, no sound). I don't think that the file is smashed (like some MP3's). This file is not complete yet. Should I wait and download it completely? (It is 700 MB and I don't want to be disapointed then).

VB
12-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Start > Run > regsvr32 quartz.dll

tothbenedek
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I had the same problem and I reinstalled windows, but it seems to be easyer...

AndrewBarker
12-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by mmp@4 December 2003 - 13:39
What's wrong? When I try to preview a movie (.avi) in Windows MediaPlayer, I get an error message "Class not registered". If I try to preview it with AVI preview, there is no error message, but the movie is blank (no pictures, no sound). I don't think that the file is smashed (like some MP3's). This file is not complete yet. Should I wait and download it completely? (It is 700 MB and I don't want to be disapointed then).
make sure you have got the correct codecs installed, ie k-lite codec pack.

zinc1
12-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mmp@4 December 2003 - 13:39
Was the movie you're downloading a verified file,'cos it could be a fake.
Just my guess anyway.

If you have Videolan preview the file with that and see how it goes.

bujub22
12-04-2003, 11:53 PM
i had the same prob ,dont u just got to re regster the window player they ask every couple yrs right

mmp
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM
I did what Paul and AndrewBarker said. Thanks, that message is now gone, but then the movie is green instead of black :unsure:. Then I ran program K-Dat and found out that It was XviD codec needed here. I downloaded it, but nothing changed. However, After 300 megabytes loaded, Windows' "Disk full" message appeared and the download failed :( , though I've had more than 800MB free space on disk. :angry:

Thanks anyway ;)

AndrewBarker
12-05-2003, 12:08 PM
I should do a defrag - when your d/loading large files your drive soon gets heavily fragmented, then maybe your next dowload will be ok.

bujub22
12-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by AndrewBarker@5 December 2003 - 12:08
I should do a defrag - when your d/loading large files your drive soon gets heavily fragmented, then maybe your next dowload will be ok.
ya i do that bout once every 2 weeks .