PDA

View Full Version : I Can't See The Movie I Just Burn

pingus
12-04-2003, 03:14 PM
I just encodeit hulk cd1, hulk cd2 with this cool little program TMPGEnc.
I did my burning with thru VCD nero6.0 , and use my regular cdrw, I Can't see the movie in my dvd, I could see it in my laptop thru VideoLan. but NOT in my tv.

I have two question 1- if is my dvd mintek wich is old and probably not capable of supporting vcd. Cant you recommend a devise the would take just about anything. eventough I played a VCD that I bought in the fleamarket and it looks Good..?

Question 2-If I burn in a regular blank dvd instead of a regular cd would this fix my problem and i so what specific blank dvd I should Buy and from where if could recomend any, I check ebay and they have like 3 diffrent ones..... Thank you in advanced

muchspl2
12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
only saw one that didn't have vcd support, whats the model #
better yet check this site, it list what it should be able to do
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVD...+&Search=Search (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=mintek+&Search=Search)

Ma5t3rM1nD
12-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn't support those it's time to get a new one or watch them on your computer :blink: .

muchspl2
12-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@4 December 2003 - 18:48
Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn't support those it's time to get a new one or watch them on your computer :blink: .
does not compute :huh:

how do you make a vcd/svcd without burning it on a cdr/cdrw

CornerPocket
12-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Seems more of a hardware question, moving there........ :rolleyes:

bob_the_alien
12-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2+4 December 2003 - 18:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 4 December 2003 - 18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ma5t3rM1nD@4 December 2003 - 18:48
Even if your DVD Player supports VCD it needs to support cd-r, cd-rw or whatever medium you are burning onto. If your dvd player doesn&#39;t support those it&#39;s time to get a new one or watch them on your computer&nbsp; :blink: .
does not compute :huh:

how do you make a vcd/svcd without burning it on a cdr/cdrw [/b][/quote]
You can buy actual VCDs, I own a couple anime VCD&#39;s I ordered from Japan back before DVD&#39;s started up.

I think many countries went to VCD before DVD, unlike us in the U.S who went straight from VHS to DVD.