PDA

View Full Version : Slow Download

postie
12-04-2003, 06:01 PM
I am attempting to download cliff richard tracks, i,e, let it snow for 1 plus others and the download speed is 0.01 rising to 0.07 with 7 users. This is from a source that shows as over 500k bandwidth. I have a 128k broadband system and its never been this slow. Anyone have any clues as to what may be happening?? I have 8 downloads like this.

Help...........

:(

Mik3ll
12-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Try jumping supernodes.

MUSLEMAN
12-05-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by postie@4 December 2003 - 14:01
I am attempting to download cliff richard tracks, i,e, let it snow for 1 plus others and the download speed is 0.01 rising to 0.07 with 7 users. This is from a source that shows as over 500k bandwidth. I have a 128k broadband system and its never been this slow. Anyone have any clues as to what may be happening?? I have 8 downloads like this.

Help...........

:(
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps