PDA

View Full Version : Hp Office Jet 710

dingoBaby
12-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I have an Office Jet 710. Its an all-in-one machine. I don't use it for scanning and I don't want to use the automated faxing feature.

I downloaded the driver package for this machine and it installs all the drivers plus some annoying and very slow HP software. I just want the print driver,with color support, and the Windows print manager. Does anyone know how I can do this? I am running XP Pro.

Here is a link to the HP page and the driver package Officejet 710 (http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=us&softitem=oj722en&prodId=hpofficeje7260&lc=en&plc=&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software)

clocker
12-05-2003, 04:02 PM
What is the "annoying" HP software that you refer to and does it show up in Add/Remove programs?
Perhaps you can just delete it from there.

dingoBaby
12-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by clocker@5 December 2003 - 11:02
What is the "annoying" HP software that you refer to and does it show up in Add/Remove programs?
Perhaps you can just delete it from there.
When I do that I lose the color capabilities. Believe me that software is annoying and it doesn't seem to install properly. Every time I go to print a document, it reconfigures the printer and it takes forever.

I am off to Kinko's, my temporary solution...I have an interview at 1:00 pm and I need copies of my reusme. Wish me luck!

clocker
12-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Okay, good luck.