PDA

View Full Version : Intellipoint 4.1 Mouse

hdoshi
02-14-2003, 03:46 AM
:huh:

Hello

While trying to install the software for Microsoft Intellipoint 4.1 ( Intellimouse ) I got the following error message half way through " Error1101. Error reading from file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_is2013\1033.MST. Verify that the file exixsts and that you can access it. "

I went into Find > Files or Folders but could not find _is 2013 and 1033.MST Any help in finding these files will be helpful. Thank you.

Regards
Hasmukh Doshi

Supernatural
02-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Don't EVER install ANY bundled mouse software. :angry: They are more harm than good. Mouse is plug-and-play and doesn't need any additional software. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! B)

dirtyoldman
02-14-2003, 04:41 AM
is it ps2 or usb port?do you have any other pointing devices connected?
it's recommended to uninstall other mouse drivers and mouse software before installing intelpoint software.
i'm using intelipoint mouse on ps2 port no problems installing software at all.

Yusuke
02-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Supernatural@13 February 2003 - 22:55
Don't EVER install ANY bundled mouse software. :angry: They are more harm than good. Mouse is plug-and-play and doesn't need any additional software. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! B)
If you have a Intelli(whatever) mouse from M$, you do need the Intellipoint software as it gives you some special options for the buttons and stuff that the normal mouse stuff included with windows doesn't...

@ the original poster
What OS are you using that your gettin that error message with??

imported_QuietSilence!
02-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Yusuke@14 February 2003 - 06:43
If you have a Intelli(whatever) mouse from M$, you do need the Intellipoint software as it gives you some special options for the buttons and stuff that the normal mouse stuff included with windows doesn't...

i am useing an intellapiont mouse and i dint install the junk software tha came with it al it dose is let u do dumb stuf like set it to do a spechal action when u press both buttons at same time or set somthing for it to do when u click with the scrole weal as its a 3rd button as well as a scrole but it still works fine with out the junk software

Yusuke
02-14-2003, 08:40 AM
You basically said exactly what I did about what the intellipoint software does :rolleyes:

but anyway....the original poster wasn't asking if we thought they should use the intellipoint software or not, they were just asking why that error was coming up and how to stop it from happening again..

imported_QuietSilence!
02-14-2003, 09:25 AM
ahh acualy u said that u do need the sw with "do" in bold letters
what i said was that he basicly didnt need it at all
but ether way ur right he was looking for an anser as to how to install it so too that end hdoshi
it sounds like u might have a bad floppy u might try to get the Software from the MS sight
also if ur running xp u might have to be logged in as admin to too do it
but note u dont have too install the software to get it to work just fine :)

Supernatural
02-14-2003, 09:39 AM
My point exactly. Don't install it if you don't need it. Windows DOES let you assign the extra buttons via the Mouse control panel.

Leech_Killer
02-14-2003, 12:16 PM
SYMPTOMS
When you try to install IntelliPoint or IntelliType Pro, you may receive the following error message or one that is similar to it:
Error 1101. Error reading from file C:\Windows\Temp\_ISstring of random characters33.MST. Verify that this file exists, and that you can access it.

CAUSE
This issue may occur if there is a conflict between the version of the Windows Installer file (Msi.dll) that IntelliPoint or IntelliType Pro software uses and the version that is in the Windows\System folder on your computer.

The version of the Msi.dll file that is included with IntelliPoint version 4.1 and IntelliType Pro version 2.2 is 2.0.2600.1. This issue is known to occur if the version of the Msi.dll file that is installed on your computer is version 2.0.2600.2.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, delete the Msi.dll file that is located in the Windows\System folder on the hard disk, and then install the IntelliPoint or IntelliType Pro software:

1. Delete the Msi.dll file. For information about how to do so, see the "How to Delete the Msi.dll File" topic in the "More Information" section of this article.
2. Download and install the latest version of the IntelliPoint or IntelliType Pro software. For information about how to do so, visit either or both of the following Microsoft Web sites:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/keyboard...rd/download.asp (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/keyboard/download.asp)

MORE INFORMATION
How to Delete the Msi.dll File
To delete the Msi.dll file, use one of the following methods:

Windows Millennium Edition (Me)

1. Insert your Windows Millennium Edition startup disk into your floppy disk drive, and then restart your computer.For additional information about how to make a Windows Millennium Edition startup disk, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 267287 How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
2. At the Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition Startup menu, select Minimal Boot.
3. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:

c:
cd \Windows\System
del msi.dll
exit
4. Remove the Windows Millennium Edition startup disk from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows 98

1. Click Start, and then click Shutdown.
2. Click Restart in MS-DOS mode, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:

cd \Windows\System
del msi.dll
exit
4. Restart your computer.

imported_QuietSilence!
02-17-2003, 11:04 AM
damm leach way to solve a problem! :)