PDA

View Full Version : Crap and double crap

j2k4
04-22-2021, 10:16 PM
Open-heart surgery Monday.

Was meeting with orthopedic guy to schedule knee-replacement - he insisted on a stress cuz heart patient, and of course I failed miserably.

Been here since Tuesday doing test after test and catheterization.

Cardiologist says he's gonna do some stunt surgery - left-main coronary artery and resect LAD and two other places.

The whole thing it calcified big-time so they can't drill it out.

Ejection fraction is high twenties and the make/break is 35%.

All that plus ventricular tachycardia like he's never seen before.

Monday AM about 6.

Wish me luck, fellers.

IdolEyes787
04-22-2021, 10:32 PM
I'm shitty at this type of thing since my go to for emergencies is basically ignore everything and hope it all goes away but if it means anything then I'll be praying for you.

j2k4
04-22-2021, 10:47 PM
I'm shitty at this type of thing since my go to for emergencies is basically ignore everything and hope it all goes away but if it means anything then I'll be praying for you.

It does indeed. :)

shaina
04-23-2021, 12:27 AM
Open-heart surgery Monday.

Was meeting with orthopedic guy to schedule knee-replacement - he insisted on a stress cuz heart patient, and of course I failed miserably.

Been here since Tuesday doing test after test and catheterization.

Cardiologist says he's gonna do some stunt surgery - left-main coronary artery and resect LAD and two other places.

The whole thing it calcified big-time so they can't drill it out.

Ejection fraction is high twenties and the make/break is 35%.

All that plus ventricular tachycardia like he's never seen before.

Monday AM about 6.

Wish me luck, fellers.

All that shit sounds awful!!, but thinking positive, fixable ;)

Good Luck my friend:hug:

Hope all goes well, and will be praying for ya, and of course a speedy recovery on any procedure you have;) and keep in touch buddy:hug:

j2k4
04-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Shay, and I will.

Nurses are here

shaina
04-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Shay, and I will.

Nurses are here

I know it is easy to say but hard to do try to stay calm.......

Good Luck My Friend :hug:

j2k4
04-23-2021, 12:47 PM
It's odd, I don't know if I'm currently capable of actual stress or worry, except for others.

Saying my own prayers for loved ones and the world around me. :)

Caballero
04-23-2021, 01:03 PM
"Stunt surgery"? Isn't that where you send in a clone in your place, or something? In that case you have nothing to worry about. :)

Good luck in any case.

shaina
04-23-2021, 03:43 PM
It's odd, I don't know if I'm currently capable of actual stress or worry, except for others.

Wow!! Thinking of myself and when i became a Dad, that was the big change for me....

And when my wife got worse(Thank G-D she is stable now), thoughts of myself hurt, damaged, in pain, became irrelevant....

And somewhere in the middle of all of that selling my soul to the one below to help make my wife walk again, same i became irrelevant.......

Knowing myself accepting my faith, friends well being moved up in the line and myself well you get the jest.....

Again i feel ya J2K4, so as a friend, my prayers are with ya buddy;)

shaina
04-23-2021, 03:52 PM
"Stunt surgery"? Isn't that where you send in a clone in your place, or something? In that case you have nothing to worry about. :)

Good luck in any case.

It is always nice to see the Young Dumb and Full of Cum Humour/Attitude :hug:

I am thinking, If there is no Ambulance involved , I'm not fucking up my golf season:01:

j2k4
04-23-2021, 03:57 PM

Good luck in any case.

Thanks, Cabbie.

I always feel better with a Texan on my side.:D

Wow!! Thinking of myself and when i became a Dad, that was the big change for me....

And when my wife got worse(Thank G-D she is stable now), thoughts of myself hurt, damaged, in pain, became irrelevant....

And somewhere in the middle of all of that selling my soul to the one below to help make my wife walk again, same i became irrelevant.......

Knowing myself accepting my faith, friends well being moved up in the line and myself well you get the jest.....

Again i feel ya J2K4, so as a friend, my prayers are with ya buddy;)

Thanks, Shay.

One of the things that fell into place for me a good while back was learning not to feel sorry for myself, as isolating as it is.

Directing my prayers outward has the most positive effect possible, and frankly, it's one whole helluva lot easier. ;)

IdolEyes787
04-23-2021, 09:54 PM
While they've got you open and are mucking about in there see if you can get them to instal one of those arc reactor things like Iron Man has.

Might as well make all this bullshit worth it.

shaina
04-23-2021, 10:32 PM
While they've got you open and are mucking about in there see if you can get them to instal one of those arc reactor things like Iron Man has.

:artist: :artist:

I am really trying hard to think the last time you posted something positive with a bisll of humour ....

You Anti Semitic piece of garbage ;)

j2k4
04-23-2021, 10:42 PM

Good luck in any case.

It is always nice to see the Young Dumb and Full of Cum Humour/Attitude :hug:

I am thinking, If there is no Ambulance involved , I'm not fucking up my golf season:01:

I have that streak and I know it.

Last few days I've learned the fallacy of harboring even a remnant of that attitude.

My revelation had to do with the fact - even given my general wordiness - I could not adequately describe the sensations/symptoms I was dealing with (I've already had two LAD/Widowmaker heart attacks).

My new top-dog cardiologist told me I had now discovered the specific difference between left anterior descending artery and left main coronary artery pain.

It's gonna be a horrible lesson, I guess.

Anyway, Shay, it occurs I have exchanged notes with several people who have had LAD events on the golf course - they all exclaimed at their luck, after they'd learned the particulars about LAD heart attacks.

They also commented at the expense of repairing the damage caused by ambulances traversing golf courses.

Cut to the chase:

Don't even BS about 'finishing your round', just get on the bus. ;)

Wouldn't that be something. :cool:

shaina
04-24-2021, 03:18 AM
Anyway, Shay, it occurs I have exchanged notes with several people who have had LAD events on the golf course - they all exclaimed at their luck, after they'd learned the particulars about LAD heart attacks.
They also commented at the expense of repairing the damage caused by ambulances traversing golf courses.
Cut to the chase:
Don't even BS about 'finishing your round', just get on the bus. ;)

It really does sound serious buddy, again i do wish you the best, and i thank G-D you are a fighter and not ready to go yet, if you know what i mean:hug:....

As for finishing my round?? It seems that if the pain exposes itself after taking the meds i take to actually play and the mickey of vodka , then yup the smart move is to hop on the bus Gus:)..

And knowing that , i can see my round was shaping up to be a 76:cry:...

Again I can't say it more J2K4, you are not finished here on earth buddy, Truly and sincerely get better my friend :hug:

j2k4
04-24-2021, 11:44 AM
I thank you kindly for the sentiment, Shay.

I'm currently distracted by an awesome attack of gout in my right foot - to prepare me for what's to come, I assume.

Sounds like you're golfing with style and panache - enough, perhaps, to overlook that 76...:)

shaina
04-24-2021, 04:22 PM

I'm currently distracted by an awesome attack of gout in my right foot - to prepare me for what's to come, I assume.

Sounds like you're golfing with style and panache - enough, perhaps, to overlook that 76...:)

Maybe i should have added my best score is 78:whistling

And should add even not knowing/communicating that long one on one with you, i do think your health is more important then golf, and hope you appreciate that from me:hug:

And the same if i knew more of your everyday hobbies/favs etc , we could always discuss those my friend......

I can tell you i had Cheescake Factory for the first time in Canada yesterday (Tons in the US), and i will say it was excellent...

And really crossing the border where you are, i never skip a visit to White Castles:01:

And another note......

Got the call today Health Care is coming to me and my wife's condo directly this Thursday for the Wuhan China Virus vaccine, receiving the Moderna shot. Got the confirmation today..........

Have you got the shot yet J2K4??

j2k4
04-24-2021, 07:38 PM

Maybe i should have added my best score is 78:whistling

And should add even not knowing/communicating that long one on one with you, i do think your health is more important then golf, and hope you appreciate that from me:hug:

And the same if i knew more of your everyday hobbies/favs etc , we could always discuss those my friend......

I can tell you i had Cheescake Factory for the first time in Canada yesterday (Tons in the US), and i will say it was excellent...

And really crossing the border where you are, i never skip a visit to White Castles:01:

And another note......

Got the call today Health Care is coming to me and my wife's condo directly this Thursday for the Wuhan China Virus vaccine, receiving the Moderna shot. Got the confirmation today..........

Have you got the shot yet J2K4??

No sir, but I tested negative the day I was admitted.

I truly think it's a question of, 'if Covid wants to get you, you will be gotten'.

I still believe I had it last February, but there was no testing - Covid was still just something that was happening in China.

In any case, my work requires me to interface with lots truck drivers every day, and, while they are an obvious vector for propagation. they are also essentially a Covid-free demographic.

That tells me a lot about Covid.

For what it's worth, everybody I've corresponded with about it seems to have received the Moderna shot.

I'm 62, and I don't know what that means relative to availability, so the fact I haven't made up my mind about getting it is moot until someone tells me it's not, I guess.

I'm sitting in a hospital, and as long as I'm in my room, I'm unmasked.

megabyteme
04-25-2021, 02:39 AM
I'm currently distracted by an awesome attack of gout in my right foot

Colchine and Probenecid have helped me through some crippling bouts. Had to go through unsuccessful runs with Allopurinol and Indomethacin-- occasional Prednisone first. These actually work.

megabyteme
04-25-2021, 02:49 AM
Team Pfizer here :01:

I'll send prayers and wishes hoping the Moderna (Slogan: 2nd best is better than a participation trophy, right? Right??) is good enough. At least it's not Johnson & Johnson (J&J slogan: Sure you'll still get Covid, however, you'll most likely live through it...).

megabyteme
04-25-2021, 02:59 AM
They say only the good dye young. Having read your political views, I suspect you've barely reached your half-way point. You got this!

anon
04-25-2021, 03:13 AM
Sounds scary, but I trust you're in good hands. All the best, mate, you're a good dude and I don't want to live in a world where shaina is the only conservative who posts here :stuart:

anon
04-25-2021, 03:13 AM

A very polite and relevant comment, keep up the good work :yup:

anon
04-25-2021, 03:14 AM
I'll send prayers and wishes hoping the Moderna (Slogan: 2nd best is better than a participation trophy, right? Right??) is good enough. At least it's not Johnson & Johnson (J&J slogan: Sure you'll still get Covid, however, you'll most likely live through it...).

I hope Sputnik is at least in 4th place, as that's the one my mom got a few days ago :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 11:58 AM

I'm bound by tribal tradition to seek out an Apache medicine man and undergo some sort of ritual involving sweat and peyote as a cure.
According to the FDA, how does this stack up? I'm thinking probably still better than Johnson and Johnson. That's just an educated guess though as a redskin Indian arbori..arbore... First People singular.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 12:03 PM

A very polite and relevant comment, keep up the good work :yup:

To be fair to the shay, I've found it easier to just have his name removed from all public buildings than to try and reason with him.

megabyteme
04-25-2021, 12:15 PM

I hope Sputnik is at least in 4th place, as that's the one my mom got a few days ago :smilie4:

Very happy to hear your mom got her shot! Good news is that all of the vaccines are doing an amazing job of stopping the virus. Russia was a little late to the game, but an 'unknown' foreign entity hacked into all of the western vaccine labs shortly before they developed theirs. Coincidentally, the Russians used the same DNA double-strand technology as the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. Seems like everyone around the world (outside USA)has turned to the Russians for their vaccine.

All research should have been given openly to the entire world. Good on that foreign entity for putting that information to good use!

j2k4
04-25-2021, 12:18 PM
I'm currently distracted by an awesome attack of gout in my right foot

Colchicine and Probenecid have helped me through some crippling bouts. Had to go through unsuccessful runs with Allopurinol and Indomethacin-- occasional Prednisone first. These actually work.

They've been giving me the Colchicine to good effect, Meg.

My Big toe is still about a half-inch off the floor, but I can get back-and-forth to the shitter, and I'm fetching my own water and stuff.

I've taken Allopurinol as a maintenance tool since my last heart attack - had some horrible reaction to the Lasix they'd given me - kidney stones, bad gout, etc.; after running the gamut of diuretics, we finally discovered Bumetinide agreed with me best.

Prednisone has done me wonders whenever I've used it, but I guess it wasn't appropriate in current circumstances.

Sounds like you've been near where I am with the gout stuff.

I'm about to have my second Covid test.

I suspect I had Covid while it was still just a "China-thing".

They say only the good dye young. Having read your political views, I suspect you've barely reached your half-way point. You got this!

Undertaking commentary these days is an exhausting proposition - I'm doing it when/where I can, but the stooopid has become a tidal wave.

For what it's worth, I'd bet your digestion of my political views is incomplete.

Hopefully I get the opportunity to refine things, as my technique is better than ever...:D

j2k4
04-25-2021, 12:22 PM
Sounds scary, but I trust you're in good hands. All the best, mate, you're a good dude and I don't want to live in a world where shaina is the only conservative who posts here :stuart:

I believe I am, anon, and I thank you for seeing through my occasionally tiresome bluster.

I am glad to share/dilute/contribute as re my friend Shay.:D

megabyteme
04-25-2021, 12:35 PM

I'm bound by tribal tradition to seek out an Apache medicine man and undergo some sort of ritual involving sweat and peyote as a cure.
According to the FDA, how does this stack up? I'm thinking probably still better than Johnson and Johnson. That's just an educated guess though as a redskin Indian arbori..arbore... First People singular.

The J&J 'vaccine' is based off the sweat of survivors who had defeated the illness mixed with the company's own 'No more tears' baby shampoo (apparently to render the virus inert less irritating.

I'd say that as long as you get as high as Jewish interest rates as possible on peyote, the virus will become lost among the darkness until it finds its spirit animal and sees itself out of your system and seeks to become at peace with the universe and become rock candy.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Everyone thinks they are the hero in their own story. If that were true then where are all these villains coming from?

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 12:44 PM
My spirit animal is a 1991 Dodge Spirit. It's kinda shit but at least it's not something ghey like a Lada.

j2k4
04-25-2021, 01:19 PM
Everyone thinks they are the hero in their own story. If that were true then where are all these villains coming from?

I think those who aren't villians are entitled to that, wouldn't you say?

I've always found villians eager to assume false motivations...

My spirit animal is a 1991 Dodge Spirit. It's kinda shit but at least it's not something ghey like a Lada.

As I asked in the other thread (I forgot where I was posting), Idol - are you tribal?

I'm not, but I know a little about that.

I was married to an Ojibwa, and I live on the rez.

As a slight aside - here comes the "hero" thing - I played a small part in the story of tribal sovereignty/autonomy, back in the late 80s- early 90s...

Also, I never gave any thought to what I might choose as my spirit animal - probably because I feel a bit of an alien.

Maybe something like an extremely well-behaved but somewhat oversized wolverine?

Caballero
04-25-2021, 04:18 PM
For what it's worth, everybody I've corresponded with about it seems to have received the Moderna shot.

I'm 62, and I don't know what that means relative to availability, so the fact I haven't made up my mind about getting it is moot until someone tells me it's not, I guess.

Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you get your shot at a site run by a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

Felt a little off for a day after getting my first shot (Moderna); no side effects after the second.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 04:19 PM

I think people should try to do what they personally think is right and leave it up to everyone else to decide whether that makes them a hero or a villain.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 04:21 PM
As I asked in the other thread (I forgot where I was posting), Idol - are you tribal?

I'm not, but I know a little about that.

I was married to an Ojibwa, and I live on the rez.

As a slight aside - here comes the "hero" thing - I played a small part in the story of tribal sovereignty/autonomy, back in the late 80s- early 90s...

Also, I never gave any thought to what I might choose as my spirit animal - probably because I feel a bit of an alien.

Maybe something like an extremely well-behaved but somewhat oversized wolverine? I'm sorry that I didn't understand what you previously asked of me but your words were strange to me paleface.

Caballero
04-25-2021, 04:23 PM

Seems to depend where it was coming from. Apparently Sputnik is manufactured in different locations with no quality control, so the formula from plant A is not necessarily the same as that from plant B. Or it could just be saline.

Just had some friends from Mexico visit this week. They were telling some horror stories about the "vaccination effort" (using that term loosely) south of the border.

And yes, we got them hooked up with Pfizer. :)

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 04:27 PM

Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you go to get your shot at a site run a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

Felt a little off for a day after getting my first shot (Moderna); no side effects after the second. I get my first shot of something on May 12 if that is an actual date and the government isn't simply lying to me again. I couldn't be bothered to see exactly which as I'm not pregnant as of this writing.
I don't get the second shot until Labour Day which is stupid because I read something on Facebook that the whole virus thing will be proved a hoax by then.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Either way I don't care. My main focus concerning COVID is if someone infects me, then find out who they are and murder them.

j2k4
04-25-2021, 05:02 PM

Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you get your shot at a site run by a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

Felt a little off for a day after getting my first shot (Moderna); no side effects after the second.

All good details to know, come time.

I again just tested negative for my pre-op prep, and when I asked about the shot, they said it's a wild-card they don't need, given I've got a mitt-full of them already.

Thanks!

j2k4
04-25-2021, 05:06 PM

I think people should try to do what they personally think is right and leave it up to everyone else to decide whether that makes them a hero or a villain.

True enough.

Would that we had a bit of control over who-all is making that decision, eh?

I've heard through my daughter that, strewn amongst the well-wishes are several death-wishes as well.

Oddly enough, they come from a few flaming libs who I thump regularly.

Politics...

j2k4
04-25-2021, 05:11 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't understand what you previously asked of me but your words were strange to me paleface.

Hah, I knew it...or not, depending.

j2k4
04-25-2021, 05:17 PM
I get my first shot of something on May 12 if that is an actual date and the government isn't simply lying to me again. I couldn't be bothered to see exactly which as I'm not pregnant as of this writing.
I don't get the second shot until Labour Day which is stupid because I read something on Facebook that the whole virus thing will be proved a hoax by then.

Just don't have unprotected sex until you're done being sick after your second shot, then have at it.

A winter pregnancy would probably suit you better anyway, as cold weather-wear would preclude the more flaming and blatantly fashionable options you no doubt prefer.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 05:57 PM
I'm barely an MD so don't necessarily take my word for it but maybe go sit in the attic for a while. I think I heard someplace that rafter was the best medicine. Anyway I think it was rafter. Frankly I wasn't really playing that much attention as it wasn't me talking.

j2k4
04-25-2021, 10:21 PM
As an MD myself, I can tell you what you heard was joist, not rafter.

It's an easy mistake to make, especially if you're also a stud.

IdolEyes787
04-25-2021, 10:23 PM
Either way if I can ever manage to get a smile from a curmudgeon, then I shall consider it a win, doh.

j2k4
04-26-2021, 12:03 AM
Either way if I can ever manage to get a smile from a curmudgeon, then I shall consider it a win, doh.

Well, sure.

"Curmudgeon" is my favorite self reference.

Gonna sign off for the night - gotta put lappy away so it'll end up in the right place when I'm out of ICU.

j2k4
05-02-2021, 12:00 AM
So-

Triple bypass with attendant aneurysmectomy.

Ejection fraction is currently 27%, cardiologist says maybe I can bump that north a bit.

I'm gonna have to wear a life-vest until things improve; after 90 days I'll get a defibrillator if the pending echo-cardio sucks.

I am alive, however, so.;)

Hoping to vacate this facility Monday.

IdolEyes787
05-02-2021, 11:43 AM
Doctors and baseball players have to so easy. What other careers can you be only 27% successful at and still consider it a win? I mean flipping a coin which is pure luck, is a solid 50% and you only need a High School diploma to do that. I hope at least you don't intend to pay them, the quacks. On second thought, PM me the surgeon's phone number so that I can send him an angry text.

shaina
05-02-2021, 01:55 PM
So-

Ejection fraction is currently 27%, cardiologist says maybe I can bump that north a bit.

I'm gonna have to wear a life-vest until things improve; after 90 days I'll get a defibrillator if the pending echo-cardio sucks.

The sacrifices for staying on earth;), glad they found the problems and are fixing them buddy.....

So home you will be going, glad to hear:hug:

Thanks for the updates tho scary, sounding positive, and keep em coming my friend;)

Remember you have to stay alive at least til we can have a l'chaim together, or life will not be complete for either of us:cheers::drunk:

j2k4
05-04-2021, 01:34 AM
Doctors and baseball players have to so easy. What other careers can you be only 27% successful at and still consider it a win? I mean flipping a coin which is pure luck, is a solid 50% and you only need a High School diploma to do that. I hope at least you don't intend to pay them, the quacks. On second thought, PM me the surgeon's phone number so that I can send him an angry text.

Don't you dare.

The 27% is my current ejection fraction, indicative of a heart's efficiency.

Below 35% is considered untenable.

Considering he excised the dead heart tissue, and my heart is on a totally new learning curve, I'm doing great.

It's time now for my best efforts to recover some of that.

FWIW, a normally healthy heart will generate something between 50-60%.

So-

The sacrifices for staying on earth;), glad they found the problems and are fixing them buddy.....

So home you will be going, glad to hear:hug:

Thanks for the updates tho scary, sounding positive, and keep em coming my friend;)

Remember you have to stay alive at least til we can have a l'chaim together, or life will not be complete for either of us:cheers::drunk:

Hope an opportunity presents, buddy.

Wouldn't it be cool to get Idol in on this...

IdolEyes787
05-04-2021, 11:59 PM
Good to hear that you're too something to die. I'm not sure exactly what the something is. Logic says "stubborn" but I'm leaving open the possibility that it's pretty.

Btw and this like everything I post here is 100% true if you disregard all my many lies so basically consider me Fox News only less profitable. Anyway, I wanted to get shay in a tontine but 1. Something about his money and not even from his cold dead hands and 2. I couldn't convince him that no, it's not the planet where Luke Starwalker is from. Also to be fair to shay, I wasn't really that fussy about shekels anyway.

j2k4
05-05-2021, 02:50 AM
"Stubborn" has something to do with it, I think.

Accounts to settle, people to do, places to meet, like that.

God's Will, in any case - it's not like He's just along for the ride.

I haveoften wondered what retirement would be like - a healthy retirement, I mean.

I could be a pain to many more people.

IdolEyes787
05-05-2021, 09:18 PM
Everyone needs goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB0bG_nAMLQ

j2k4
05-06-2021, 01:24 AM
I just want the ride to continue for a while, Idol.

Something Else
05-07-2021, 12:15 AM
Glad to see you're still with us and fighting for your freedom j2k4. Wishing you good health and a long and happy thyme. :wub:

j2k4
05-07-2021, 07:12 AM
FST's very own bad penny...:)

megabyteme
05-07-2021, 12:40 PM

I'm not going to look that up, but will assume that is illegal in several states, but fairly common in Florida. :dave::emule:

megabyteme
05-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Considering he excised the dead heart tissue, and my heart is on a totally new learning curve, I'm doing great.

Welcome, new liberal. :hug:

j2k4
05-07-2021, 06:37 PM

Welcome, new liberal. :hug:

It's all about efficiency, which, to Liberals, is an alien concept.

How are things, Meg?

IdolEyes787
05-07-2021, 08:42 PM

I'm not going to look that up, but will assume that is illegal in several states, but fairly common in Florida. :dave::emule:

It's both a Hebrew toast and the noise most men make when hocking up some phlegm. Sláinte,Jay too 'kay four.

Stehle
05-13-2021, 02:30 PM
My solicitors say it might not be prudent to retire (again) and purchase property in Point Roberts, Washington State right now.

(Arizona... north of Phoenix might be better as I can't or rather detest mowing grass or anything else currently.) :alien:

j2k4
05-13-2021, 03:24 PM
I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago.

I instigated events which foreclosed that possibility.

In any case, I'd probably still be exactly where I am.

Just wanna pull stuff together for a last extended run...

j2k4
05-13-2021, 03:25 PM
Sláinte,Jay too 'kay four.

Thanks, Idol. :)

Stehle
05-13-2021, 03:44 PM
I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago...

Yeah, it was actually 12 years ago for me... and then the strokes started for me j2k4... so i started renting my farm properties, (I called it whoring.), but I can't do that crap

anymore. Although 'medically' legal in my state and although liability covered... I don't need ANY hassles right now. It's all about health now for me. :)

Btw... I attribute FST, Meg, Idol, Cab, Anon and so many others for saving my sanity and other cool shite.

(But... say nothing to them... let them think I believe heads will swell.) ;) :alien:

IdolEyes787
05-13-2021, 04:10 PM
Btw... I attribute FST, Meg, Idol, Cab, Anon and so many others for saving my sanity and other cool shite.

(But... say nothing to them... let them think I believe heads will swell.) ;) :alien: The Universe is all about balance, Stehle so with each bit of your sanity saved Shay loses some. :)

I got my COVID shot yesterday and this is the truest story that's ever been told so nobody suggest I'm making it up but when Meg got his shot they told him it had to be intermuscular so which arm? And he reflexively just said give it to me in the ass.
'Cause you know, he's a big homo.
Not that's there anything wrong with that.*

* Written for legal purposes only.

Stehle
05-13-2021, 05:40 PM
He told huh... I'm speechless now. {sigh}

j2k4
05-14-2021, 03:36 AM
I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago...

Yeah, it was actually 12 years ago for me... and then the strokes started for me j2k4... so i started renting my farm properties, (I called it whoring.), but I can't do that crap

anymore. Although 'medically' legal in my state and although liability covered... I don't need ANY hassles right now. It's all about health now for me. :)

(But... say nothing to them... let them think I believe heads will swell.) ;) :alien:

Sounds like we could match notes, were we so inclined.

I need to stay alive a wee bit longer, cuz I'm having my eagle refinished tomorrow and I want to enjoy looking at him out the window as I recuperate.

It's not the least bit ironic to me I stumbled back in here just in time for my latest physical crash.

Times have been had, here, they surely have.

Speaking of which, it's time I got ahold of Clocker...

(But... say nothing to them... let them think I believe heads will swell.) ;) :alien: The Universe is all about balance, Stehle so with each bit of your sanity saved Shay loses some. :)

I got my COVID shot yesterday and this is the truest story that's ever been told so nobody suggest I'm making it up but when Meg got his shot they told him it had to be intermuscular so which arm? And he reflexively just said give it to me in the ass.
'Cause you know, he's a big homo.
Not that's there anything wrong with that.*

* Written for legal purposes only.

Uncle Joe would be proud of you, and willing to commend you for your patriotism - country of origin aside, of course.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2021, 11:17 AM
Speaking of which, it's time I got ahold of Clocker...

I'll plus one that. One of a handful of people over the course of this site's history that FST wasn't worthy of.

As for getting vaccinated and I studied Biology in university so I know a bit about how viruses work, even if you think the present COVID isn't "bad", we need to minimize of chances of a really deadly mutated strain arising. The best way to do this is by lessening the number of possible hosts.

Stehle
05-14-2021, 03:44 PM
Thank you for the post j2k4... I used to have a few philosophies on life... these quotes perhaps say it best...

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

And...

"Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested." ― Hunter S. Thompson

(Truth be known, I rarely drive anymore and prefer Sippin Vodka (Belvedere) and a good top shelf Tequila... but that's just me.) :alien:

But now...

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

"I didn't mind getting old when I was young. It's the being old now that's getting to me." ― John Scalzi (Probably from his book series "Old Man's War"*)

I guess we'll all get it right someday... be well soon my friend. ;)

*EDIT: A most Excellent series BTW!

j2k4
05-15-2021, 09:32 AM
Good Lord, I was weaned on HST...he is well-remembered, here.

Recognized an early lucky streak and rode it like a true gonzo. :thumbsup:

Stehle
05-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Good Lord, I was weaned on HST...he is well-remembered, here.

Recognized an early lucky streak and rode it like a true gonzo. :thumbsup:

Interesting... man huh. :thumbsup:

(Words to live by... and that so many tend emulate, (Some unknowingly.), but do so none the less.) ;) :alien:

First book ever given to me was "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" (A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream) was sent to me by my best mate (N.J.) after I flew

out to him in and helped him buy and close on a few parcels of land northwest of Dallas, Texas... Denton, TX, I believe. The back was being flooded for some reservoir... making

those parcels soon to be waterfront properties. He just had trouble with all the mineral rights (giving them away)... it was Texas right?... so I took over. :)

Needless to say we partied hearty... I mean hearty... you get the gist of it. ;)

A few weeks later I received that book from him.

A personal note accompanied it saying... "To My Attorney." ;)

Still have it on a shelf.

He is now a retired multi-millionaire... after a long stay in Texas... back in N.J. of all places. :cry:

Note: If you have never read his book, feel free to Google it... then read it... you'll better understand the personal note about his "attorney". ;)

Stehle
05-17-2021, 02:22 PM
Oh My...

Sports betting may be legal in FL by mid week... {sigh} :sadwalk:

(I'm trying to quit, or have... Craps was a hard kick too... but there always will be my favorite Black Jack!) :alien:

anon
05-17-2021, 10:23 PM

I'm in the Top 4! :fst:

anon
05-17-2021, 10:24 PM

Figure A: Meg?

anon
05-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Glad to see you're still with us and fighting for your freedom j2k4. Wishing you good health and a long and happy thyme. :wub:

Same, glad you came out on the other side. ;)

Stehle
05-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Oh my again...

Yep, Craps and Roulette too will be voted on today in Florida... I'll probably be broke in a year... :sadwalk:

Thinking on... anon's signature: "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."...

I once made 20 straight passes all "7"'s in at the Harrah's Casino / Resort Atlantic City, N.J. in 1980... lost thousands on the 21st roll. No record though, but did have players from 4

other tables come over to cheer me on. :)

(Thanks for the memory... I'll move you up a slot.) ;) :alien:

IdolEyes787
05-19-2021, 04:08 PM
That's pretty incredible. I suppose casinos thrive not just on the odds but also on people getting caught up in the moment.

As long as you never gamble more than you can afford to lose then all is still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo

Stehle
05-19-2021, 04:11 PM
I used to set my loss limit around... $600... epic fail there. :(

IdolEyes787
05-19-2021, 04:13 PM
Goodish movie about gambling. Damon's got a great story about Malkovich in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjUgHE3hxyg

IdolEyes787
05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
I used to set my loss limit around... $600... epic fail there. :(

Better than the usual two kneecap limit though.

Stehle
05-19-2021, 04:35 PM
Goodish movie about gambling. Damon's got a great story about Malkovich in it....]

Thanks! Got it! :)

IdolEyes787
05-19-2021, 10:00 PM
I once made 20 straight passes all "7"'s in at the Harrah's Casino / Resort Atlantic City, N.J. in 1980... lost thousands on the 21st roll.

I only seems like bad luck until you realize that one more seven and the Robert De Niro character would have had your head placed in a vice.:)

anon
05-21-2021, 10:30 PM
(Thanks for the memory... I'll move you up a slot.) ;) :alien:

Thanks and you're welcome :happy:

anon
05-21-2021, 10:31 PM
That's pretty incredible. I suppose casinos thrive not just on the odds but also on people getting caught up in the moment.

And it can happen no matter how logical you are or know the real odds are low. The house always wins, folks. Which is why I've never gambled... unless these count :turned:

anon
05-21-2021, 10:31 PM

*video*

"I mean, look at you. You domesticated yourself for this girl. You took yourself out of the life, you walked the fucking line for her. And the minute you want a little of it back, she walks out on you! It's just like the saying says, you know? In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the fucking rake."

Stehle
05-22-2021, 04:42 PM

*video*

"...In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the fucking rake."

Exactly why I prefer Black Jack (21)... besides it teaches you to count! ;)

(Btw... it was a goodish film and I only played that coin waterfall / rake shite on big boats... preferably during really rough seas... (get it?) ... or waiting for a seat at the 21 tables.) ;) :alien:

anon
05-24-2021, 03:30 PM
I only played that coin waterfall / rake shite on big boats... preferably during really rough seas... (get it?)

You must not have mastered the strategy of kicking the machine hard while coughing even harder at the same time :stuart:

Stehle
05-24-2021, 03:53 PM
I only played that coin waterfall / rake shite on big boats... preferably during really rough seas... (get it?)

You must not have mastered the strategy of kicking the machine hard while coughing even harder at the same time :stuart:

Hmm... nothing so gauche actually... just let the rough seas do it. ;)

Stehle
05-25-2021, 03:27 PM
FYI... U.S.A. Shipping... new guidelines with certain online sellers that give you a choice... One Live X is crap. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping/comments/mv8ra1/so_frustrated_with_online_sellers_using_onelivex/

15 Days so far... tracking? they keep moving the delivery day! :huh: (Normally it took 3 Days!)

-or-

Pay the absorbent price for "Express" ...I should have gone that way!

WTF... One online vendor tacked on $7.00 without my knowledge, to my credit card... just to verify I was 21!

I order from different online vendors once a year... and nothing I ordered contained nicotine!!!

Outta be a different law! {sigh}

IdolEyes787
05-25-2021, 08:49 PM
If it's anything illegal and you run into trouble, I'd be willing to frame Meg for the crime. :)

anon
05-27-2021, 03:03 PM
15 Days so far... tracking? they keep moving the delivery day! :huh: (Normally it took 3 Days!)

I once had to ship an old motherboard to some dude in Bulgaria, who needed that particular brand and model for who knows what reason. Cheapest tier of the local post service took some 45 days, but got the job done. Wish.com seems even worse... but look at these discounts! :glagpinch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQY7hjiKtU

Stehle
05-27-2021, 05:27 PM
I need... that invisibility cloak! ;)

Stehle
09-01-2021, 03:41 PM
Glad August is over... which historically for me has been very bad month...

Crap:

Physically & mentally... unable to concentrate, short term memories going, strength is at an all time low.

Double Crap:

Health wise... let's forget last years test shite... now diabetes, heart condition, all systems though the roof, shoulders shot now...

[Since 2020 with only one of two surgeries done on my neck I find out yesterday, 50% the staff is out with Covid and all "elective" surgeries may be postponed until late September.]

(I didn't elect anything... let alone problems with my neck!) :alien:

Financially:

So-So... anybody's guess really. I really don't care about that shite anymore.

I just want to visit with family, listen to me books, watch the big screen, relax, play online... relax some more... free of pain...{sigh}

I believe I read somewhere a wise man wrote, "Getting old sucks balls." I tend to agree with that statement each and most every day.

Thanks for the rant time here.

"My minds writing checks, my body can't cash." -- Old Pre-Digital World Saying

j2k4
09-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Glad August is over... which historically for me has been very bad month...

Crap:

Physically & mentally... unable to concentrate, short term memories going, strength is at an all time low.

Double Crap:

Health wise... let's forget last years test shite... now diabetes, heart condition, all systems though the roof, shoulders shot now...

[Since 2020 with only one of two surgeries done on my neck I find out yesterday, 50% the staff is out with Covid and all "elective" surgeries may be postponed until late September.]

(I didn't elect anything... let alone problems with my neck!) :alien:

Financially:

So-So... anybody's guess really. I really don't care about that shite anymore.

I just want to visit with family, listen to me books, watch the big screen, relax, play online... relax some more... free of pain...{sigh}

I believe I read somewhere a wise man wrote, "Getting old sucks balls." I tend to agree with that statement each and most every day.

Thanks for the rant time here.

"My minds writing checks, my body can't cash." -- Old Pre-Digital World Saying

Oy.

Elective surgeries are hazardous.

Consulting on an elective surgery landed me in the CVICU for three weeks, then four months of down-time.

Still dealing with the fallout.

Good luck with your situation, keep us posted - seems we're running somewhat in parallel...

Stehle
09-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Good luck with your situation, keep us posted - seems we're running somewhat in parallel...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

anon
09-02-2021, 05:09 AM

As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart. :)

Stehle
09-02-2021, 03:08 PM

Well said. :)

j2k4
09-02-2021, 08:09 PM

Well said. :)

Aye. To. That.