PDA

View Full Version : [Request] BTN or PTP

micropino
08-21-2021, 08:09 PM
Hi friends, I have just subscribed to a good seedbox solution and I want to use it better. I am already using IPT for more than 12 years (great community) but sometimes I cannot find specific TV packs.
Thank you for reading and any tip is most welcomed.

anon
08-21-2021, 11:32 PM
User invites are exceedingly rare, as is recruitment. Furthermore, both of them are happy that way, so don't expect things to change anytime soon.

Normally I'd say "just find an invite to the more approachable alternatives instead", but after the fall of TehConnection and the last TV trackers, there aren't really any. Doesn't mean you can't get TV and movies elsewhere, though...

micropino
08-22-2021, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the valuable feedback @anan. Got your point!

micropino
08-23-2021, 08:28 PM
User invites are exceedingly rare, as is recruitment. Furthermore, both of them are happy that way, so don't expect things to change anytime soon.

Normally I'd say "just find an invite to the more approachable alternatives instead", but after the fall of TehConnection and the last TV trackers, there aren't really any. Doesn't mean you can't get TV and movies elsewhere, though...

Talking about approachable alternatives @anon is it possible to get a FL invite instead?

soulreaper
08-28-2021, 07:23 PM
Those stingy fuckers at PTP and BTN need to open up their invites.

anon
08-29-2021, 12:17 PM
Talking about approachable alternatives @anon is it possible to get a FL invite instead?

Certainly. Their birthday celebrations should begin next weekend, and during that time, there's a lootbox system giving random gifts every day including invites and VIP status. I have already promised soulreaper one, but I should receive at least a few, so send me a message then and I'll reply with your invite code as soon as I get it.

As long as respectable alternatives continue to be inexistent, I see little hope of change on this regard.

soulreaper
08-29-2021, 03:56 PM
Certainly. Their birthday celebrations should begin next weekend, and during that time, there's a lootbox system giving random gifts every day including invites and VIP status. I have already promised soulreaper one, but I should receive at least a few, so send me a message with your e-mail address then and I'll reply with your invite code as soon as I get it.

As long as respectable alternatives continue to be inexistent, I see little hope of change on this regard.

I doubt an alternative will exist because they have hogged all the best torrent users. BTW I'm unable to PM you as you've exceeded your inbox limit.

anon
08-30-2021, 01:42 AM
I doubt an alternative will exist because they have hogged all the best torrent users.

On the other hand, those "best torrent users" apparently have unlimited time and resources to get an account and a good ratio on every tracker :ermm: If you build it, they will come!

BTW I'm unable to PM you as you've exceeded your inbox limit.

Thanks for the tip, just made some room.

soulreaper
08-30-2021, 02:58 AM
On the other hand, those "best torrent users" apparently have unlimited time and resources to get an account and a good ratio on every tracker :ermm: If you build it, they will come!

BTW I'm unable to PM you as you've exceeded your inbox limit.

Thanks for the tip, just made some room.

I agree. Unfortunately they've gone so far ahead now and plus there is no ratio problems there that there's no incentive for users to leave that site for another site. I'm actually surprised BTN and PTP hasn't been taken down yet by the copyright thugs.

anon
08-30-2021, 04:04 AM
I'm actually surprised BTN and PTP hasn't been taken down yet by the copyright thugs.

A combination of good opsec (I recall reading that PTP goes through three reverse proxies) plus being a comparatively small target. The amount of people using public torrents and, uh, other less exclusive venues for copyright infringement is several orders of magnitude greater. Then again, that was also the case for What.cd and BCG, so I guess there's also an element of luck involved... or more likely, that running piracy sites is ultimately a losing battle which some merely manage to fight longer than others.

Anyway, if an unsinkable tracker exists at all, then it would have to be TL. 17 years, a member count in the six digits, and yet not a single legal threat I'm aware of. They even have their original domain!

soulreaper
08-30-2021, 04:14 AM
I'm actually surprised BTN and PTP hasn't been taken down yet by the copyright thugs.

A combination of good opsec (I recall reading that PTP goes through three reverse proxies) plus being a comparatively small target. The amount of people using public torrents and, uh, other less exclusive venues for copyright infringement is several orders of magnitude greater. Then again, that was also the case for What.cd and BCG, so I guess there's also an element of luck involved... or more likely, that running piracy sites is ultimately a losing battle which some merely manage to fight longer than others.

Anyway, if an unsinkable tracker exists at all, then it would have to be TL. 17 years, a member count in the six digits, and yet not a single legal threat I'm aware of. They even have their original domain!

That's insane. Didn't know their member count was in 6 digits. TL also have pay2leech which makes it even more surprising. I guess the copyright police care more about stealing music than movies and TV. Watch out RED and OPS!

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 06:41 AM
Editing cause I'm heartbroken.

anon
09-06-2021, 07:18 AM
Infact I would even make a small suggestion to the admins here to not allow public requests for sites like PTP and BTN because it will just get some innocent guy banned for merely asking and not knowing what he's getting himself into.

Whenever threads like this show up, I always mention everything you stated and recommend more "acceptable" means of joining if available. But it's not up to us to decide which trackers are okay to request and which ones aren't.

Invite forums

Remember when these were "community-driven" and would rip your head off if you were even suspected of trading? :turned: It's no wonder none of them exist anymore. I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 07:27 AM
Whenever threads like this show up, I always mention everything you stated and recommend more "acceptable" means of joining if available. But it's not up to us to decide which trackers are okay to request and which ones aren't.

Invite forums

Remember when these were "community-driven" and would rip your head off if you were even suspected of trading? :turned: It's no wonder none of them exist anymore. I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.

True. FST is the best. It's an actual community but unfortunately the activity here has gone down.

BTW sorry for the suggestion and I know you do your bit. I'm just a little bitter now so I want to use my experience to help people out.

BTW the OP said he's a great member of IPT for 12+ years. Both these sites hate IPT so saying that actually works against you.

EyeCandy
09-06-2021, 11:46 AM
I am already using IPT for more than 12 years

Holds no weight as you can buy your ratio.

Invites are open, for Torrent Masters and above

IdolEyes787
09-06-2021, 11:54 AM
I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.

I thought it was a NBZ site? I mean like, who am I to believe, you or shay?

Rhetorical question as the obvious answer is you on anything reality related and shay on everything else.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 12:32 PM

EyeCandy
09-06-2021, 12:41 PM

A combination of good opsec (I recall reading that PTP goes through three reverse proxies) plus being a comparatively small target. The amount of people using public torrents and, uh, other less exclusive venues for copyright infringement is several orders of magnitude greater. Then again, that was also the case for What.cd and BCG, so I guess there's also an element of luck involved...

If they are based out of some place like Russia, like IPtorrents, then it's a moot point. Like I've stated, previously, they have been in the mainstream news prior.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/lancaster-man-sentenced-and-ordered-pay-more-1-million-illegally-uploading-screeners

Holds no weight as you can buy your ratio.

Invites are open, for Torrent Masters and above

TM means 500 GB + and 500 torrents uploaded right? LOL you may as well shut down the invite system if the requirements are that high cause no way you can do that with a home connection.

1TB and 200 torrents uploaded. Definitely possible with a home connection at PTP.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 12:48 PM

EyeCandy
09-06-2021, 12:52 PM
I mean anything is possible but it's highly unlikely to upload that much content given that PTP has almost every movie on the IMDB database. What are users gonna upload now, unreleased Charlie Chaplin material? Goodluck finding that stuff.

I was on a home connection on PTP and never uploaded more than 100 GB. Even that 100 GB was because some guy was in a good mood and handed me BPs.

You can simply find a Dead(trumpable) DVD, re-rip it and then upload it. Your alive torrent trumps that one.

You was there for a "decade" - you should know that. :rolleyes:

And if you didn't upload more than 100 GB over 10 years - you weren't 1:1 seeding or not an active user; which definitely shows why the staff was dismissive of you.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 01:03 PM

EyeCandy
09-06-2021, 01:33 PM
No offence, but you're sounding like a PTP apologist when you double quoted decade. You're right though cause I was there for longer than a decade but that isn't the point.

Who goes to a library to find DVDs to upload to PTP? What is this 2008? Regardless I had uploaded a torrent to hit PU which got trumped and got demoted. After that I stopped caring about climbing the user class ladder.

As far as being an active user or not, I suggest you ease up on your assumptions about me.

No, offense taken...You just making unfounded excuses.

1. Not possible to upload 200 torrents. Gave you an the way to do that with DVDs, hell even Handjob encodes. You gave more excuses and then stated you don't care.
2. Who uploads DVDs? Listen PTP purpose is archival, there is also VHS uploaded on there. You want to climb the ladder, there is a way.
3. Claim you're an active user. You uploaded 100 GBs in 10+ years - you weren't an active user. I don't have to make assumptions, your stats speak for themselves. That's not even seeding back 50 1:1 movies at 720, let alone account for your upload - over 120+ months! If a non-contributing member, such as yourself, traded invites - banning you would make sense without hesitation.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 01:47 PM

EyeCandy
09-06-2021, 02:50 PM
Your arrogance is hilarious.

:lol::lol: Only thing hilarious is your butthurt over getting banned to the point you've spammed this entire forum with your alligator tears.

And then you followed up with an essay response about more excuses. - my country, 50 shades, 480p, no DVD libraries, you're condescending and hurt my feelings, you deserve to be banned, I can't afford a $10 seedbox, logging in once a month means I'm an active user... :cry::lol:

Not to mention your whole story seems off - you were at PTP, the top. Yet, you refused to state what you traded PTP for. You have access to any site through their invite forum, yet still feel the need to trade.

Feel free to spam https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/ and see if you don't get a similar response.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2021, 05:31 PM
The thing I don't like/find distasteful at sites like PTP/BTN is that uploading/downloading becomes a competition/ego thing/means to an end. Sharing is probably the actual least of it - see above "non-contributing member" bullcrap.

Also it's crocodile.

anon
09-07-2021, 07:21 AM
BTW sorry for the suggestion and I know you do your bit. I'm just a little bitter now so I want to use my experience to help people out.

Nothing to be sorry about. ;)

BTW the OP said he's a great member of IPT for 12+ years. Both these sites hate IPT so saying that actually works against you.

IPT's sysop has DDoSed and stolen peers from both, so this particular beef is at least legitimate.

I thought it was a NBZ site? I mean like, who am I to believe, you or shay?

Worse, it's what you make out of it :mushy:

If they are based out of some place like Russia, like IPtorrents, then it's a moot point. Like I've stated, previously, they have been in the mainstream news prior.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/lancaster-man-sentenced-and-ordered-pay-more-1-million-illegally-uploading-screeners

Russia stopped being a haven for pirate sites many years ago, and IPT also uses reverse proxies. On a sidenote, Zek and merwais got doxed, yet their proverbial and literal business is still going strong :ermm: Well, more power to them.