PDA

View Full Version : Why BTN-PTP-RED is bad for you

soulreaper
09-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Editing cause I'm heartbroken.

anon
09-01-2021, 02:03 PM
I got on PTP via open signups, and let my account die of inactivity. I never even bothered with BTN... it's interesting to see people so distraught about their inability to join either. RED is very good as a music library, but I wish more would actually see it that way, instead of as an invite forum you have to seedbox-rape your way into.

Ultimately, as long as you can get the files you want, it doesn't matter from where :happy:

soulreaper
09-01-2021, 02:35 PM

IdolEyes787
09-01-2021, 05:51 PM
BTN-PTP-RED is bad for you and here's why. You need to amend that to "people like me" because I have had all three and still get all my stuff from IPT, RARBG and the like mostly because the user class system can suck my balls.

soulreaper
09-01-2021, 06:28 PM

IdolEyes787
09-01-2021, 08:05 PM
I'm more about who a person is than what he can do for me.

soulreaper
09-02-2021, 04:20 AM
I'm more about who a person is than what he can do for me.

Well you got me into a place without me asking even when I had a slow connection and no real tracker reputation to speak of. Not many,if any, would've done that.

anon
09-02-2021, 05:10 AM
still get all my stuff from IPT, RARBG and the like

> no Zamunda
> no Demonoid
> no FileListing

4/10

EyeCandy
09-05-2021, 02:28 PM
Never really messed with collages or anything of the sort.

Maybe you just have an addictive personality - and you have the same issues...whether it's video games or social media or torrents.

So many of their site members are in the TBs and some even in 100s of TBs. Either they want to go nuts on stats by getting a ton or there are those who watch a ton..

I don't want to say all, but a good portion of these TBs is through automation, especially the freelecch torrents...

soulreaper
09-05-2021, 03:52 PM

anon
09-06-2021, 04:56 AM
Never really messed with collages or anything of the sort.

Maybe you just have an addictive personality - and you have the same issues...whether it's video games or social media or torrents.

For a period between late 2008 and mid-2009, I was addicted to What.cd's artist recommendation map and found lots of great music that way, so I can understand where he's coming from. These days I have a minimalist stance, though. Even with unlimited free time, it would be impossible to watch or listen to everything :)

I don't want to say all, but a good portion of these TBs is through automation, especially the freelecch torrents...

Of course, to be able to automate getting TBs, you must be able to get TBs in the first place.

Caballero
09-06-2021, 05:56 AM
These days I have a minimalist stance, though. Even with unlimited free time, it would be impossible to watch or listen to everything :)

I got really excited the other day when I found a "new" album of my favorite artist. Until I realized that I already had it.

anon
09-06-2021, 06:11 AM
Well, at least you were able to upgrade your copy to the 2021 Japanese deluxe definitive edition rereremaster which sounds exactly the same.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 07:52 AM
Well, at least you were able to upgrade your copy to the 2021 Japanese deluxe definitive edition rereremaster which sounds exactly the same.

Yea what's with all those bazillion remasters of an album, they seem to be infinite in number for the more popular albums. Japanese remaster. "Pressings" I'm told. To my ear they all sound the same. :unsure:

anon
09-07-2021, 07:21 AM
Music CDs are super expensive in Japan, to the point that purchasing and shipping them from abroad is cheaper. As an encouragement to buy domestically, Japanese editions include goodies like booklets with translated lyrics, details on the making of the album, messages from the band to their fans, and most importantly: at least one extra song.

As for the pressings, I don't know if they're a crash grab, or simply a normal byproduct of how distribution works and uploaders on music trackers want to catch 'em all, though I suspect the latter.

Funkin'
09-11-2021, 03:51 PM

:lol:

koolyt
09-15-2021, 03:29 AM
what exactly is the problem?

anon
09-15-2021, 05:15 PM

"Cocaine paste PTP is a very addictive drug, and it's so tasty I hate it, you know? And kids to whom I said, 'dude, don't try this' or 'stay away from this', pah! All of them fell. I don't know whether to warn people about it, or shut up and not make idiots smart."

Intr4ns1t
09-18-2021, 08:55 AM
I'm not exactly one who has been a light user, but to be heartbroken? That's just silly. No offense, but building your whole self-worth on some torrent site is a bit silly, go read a book or something, my dude.

For a period between late 2008 and mid-2009, I was addicted to What.cd's artist recommendation map and found lots of great music that way, so I can understand where he's coming from. These days I have a minimalist stance, though. Even with unlimited free time, it would be impossible to watch or listen to everything :)

Of course, to be able to automate getting TBs, you must be able to get TBs in the first place.

That's just... a lot of money... *sigh*

soulreaper
09-18-2021, 09:22 AM
I'm not exactly one who has been a light user, but to be heartbroken? That's just silly. No offense, but building your whole self-worth on some torrent site is a bit silly, go read a book or something, my dude.

Youre saying this because you haven't been banned. Its only when you lose access to the site you take for granted do you realize their importance.

I used to think like you too that it doesn't matter and it's just a torrent site. But when you want a file that you could've easily got on the site you were on but can't anymore thats when it hits you.

Its not about self worth, its about not having access to the files you're looking for which is why you join these sites in the first place.

I was a heavy demonoid user back when Deimos was running the show. I didn't crave for a single private torrent site back then no matter how elite they were cause I could get everything on Demonoid including rare movies and TV shows.

Its all about content for me. I dont care about the speed, how elite the site is, my user class etc.

anon
09-18-2021, 11:38 AM

The cringe is double when you realize what he spends on seedboxes in one month is enough to live like a king in the less-developed corners of the world... but hey, BitTorrent is serious business :huh:

I was a heavy demonoid user back when Deimos was running the show. I didn't crave for a single private torrent site back then no matter how elite they were cause I could get everything on Demonoid including rare movies and TV shows.

Old Demonoid was great, indeed. There isn't anything quite like it nowadays, but you can get far with a combination of its semi-official revival, TPB, RuTracker and DHT indexers. eMule and private search engines (Google is too censored) should not be underestimated either.

soulreaper
09-18-2021, 11:55 AM
The cringe is double when you realize what he spends on seedboxes in one month is enough to live like a king in the less-developed corners of the world... but hey, BitTorrent is serious business :huh:

Old Demonoid was great, indeed. There isn't anything quite like it nowadays, but you can get far with a combination of its semi-official revival, TPB, RuTracker and DHT indexers. eMule and private search engines (Google is too censored) should not be underestimated either.

People used to say I'm on Revtt or SCT or whatever and I used to think Have you heard of a site called Demonoid? You get EVERYTHING there lol

People used to talk bad things about Demonoid on these private tracker forums and I used to be like 'but there are more files there than anywhere else. Why doesn't that count?'

IdolEyes787
09-18-2021, 12:14 PM

Sometimes not having the money to do something is only thing that prevents other people from seeing how truly insane we actually are.

anon
09-18-2021, 12:33 PM
People used to say I'm on Revtt or SCT or whatever and I used to think Have you heard of a site called Demonoid? You get EVERYTHING there lol

One guy in a local forum once traded an FTN invite for a Demonoid code. I for one couldn't believe he wasn't on The Demon already :)

RevTT is not elite enough, I joined through open signups... sorry!

Sometimes not having the money to do something is only thing that prevents other people from seeing how truly insane we actually are.

Ah, all I want is just one opportunity to prove I totally wouldn't waste my money on anime figurines and onaholes if I were as rich as that guy. Or everyone in /r/DataHoarder.

soulreaper
09-18-2021, 12:42 PM
One guy in a local forum once traded an FTN invite for a Demonoid code. I for one couldn't believe he wasn't on The Demon already :)

RevTT is not elite enough, I joined through open signups... sorry!

That's crazy.

I think the one place you've missed out is PTP and BTN specially the former. It's worth it as it's easy to survive,one is ratiofree and the other has a generous BP system. Once you're in I guarantee it you'll stop looking for movies and TV shows elsewhere. They are like the old demonoid on steroids. Too bad they have chosen the elite route.

The closest description to both would be like Rutracker on gazelle with everything in English.

anon
09-18-2021, 12:45 PM
I think the one place you've missed out is PTP and BTN specially the former.

Uh, you might have missed this...

I got on PTP via open signups, and let my account die of inactivity.

soulreaper
09-18-2021, 12:52 PM
Uh, you might have missed this...

I got on PTP via open signups, and let my account die of inactivity.

I mean had you kept it alive, you would've seen the benefits today. If you remember your nick and/or email you could get it reeanbled as they dont delete accounts.(and then you can reinvite me..nah j/k)

IdolEyes787
09-18-2021, 04:36 PM
I got my Red invite from Meg and let it die from inactivity because I hate Meg.

anon
09-18-2021, 10:18 PM
In that case, any chance you could send me a dozen invites to anything?

megabyteme
09-23-2021, 03:17 AM
I got my Red invite from Meg and let it die from inactivity because I hate Meg.

You sonofabitch! I hate you even more.

Btw, just stopped by the way one waters neglected houseplants and puppies.

IdolEyes787
09-23-2021, 11:45 AM
You sonofabitch! I hate you even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuqHlv1YPe0

masterlord
01-11-2022, 06:10 AM
if u got banned on one, u surely will got banned on others.

anon
01-12-2022, 08:28 AM
if u got banned on one, u surely will got banned on others.

Then let's hope they never ban innocent accounts by mistake, or no one ever tries to frame another member in order to cause such a thing. That would be bad.