PDA

View Full Version : Have you got DMCAed?

soulreaper
09-05-2021, 08:20 AM
Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?

All these sites are blocked by my govt so I have to access them via proxy. I'm wondering if I'm going to get fined if I download from these sites? More specifically Demon,RAR and Ru. TPB won't surprise me.

anon
09-05-2021, 08:55 AM
Have you ever got DMCAed from downloading at any of the public trackers like TPB, Demonoid, RARBG, Rutracker?

No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck :stuart: With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.

soulreaper
09-05-2021, 11:12 AM

No. Perks of living in the fourth world where no one gives a fuck :stuart: With that said, all of those are public trackers of massive proportions (especially the last two), so if you're in a country where copyright notices are a thing, you will get one soon enough.

https://www.dnaindia.com/technology/report-you-may-get-3-years-in-jail-fine-of-3-lakhs-for-viewing-a-torrent-site-in-india-2247460

:(

anon
09-06-2021, 04:55 AM
If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.

soulreaper
09-06-2021, 05:26 AM
If that article is factually accurate, the fine applies to visiting torrent sites (or attempting to) and not downloading the actual torrents. Just use Tor Browser and they won't know if you're browsing RARBG, lolicon or chicken soup recipes.

Thanks anon, was wondering the same. :D

oldschool25
10-13-2021, 02:27 AM
Yes I have.

chuubaka
10-23-2021, 05:43 AM
Definitely recommend Tor browser. Its available for Android as well.

Rerecros
03-07-2023, 08:04 AM
I have gotten emails that i've never responded to and never had any issue arise from it. I've had a website DMCA'd but that was for an entirely different thing.

BIGtimber
07-21-2023, 08:13 PM
Yes, ignored it and moved on.

mrbill14
08-23-2023, 12:38 AM
Yea... waaaayyy back. Just chilled out a bit and went on...

anon
10-01-2023, 07:19 AM
Aren't you supposed to get disconnected by your ISP if you stack up too many of these (at least for the titular DMCA in the United States)?

whodunnit
10-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Aren't you supposed to get disconnected by your ISP if you stack up too many of these (at least for the titular DMCA in the United States)?

Supposedly. I think enforcement levels vary by ISP. I choose to pay for a small seedbox rather than risk it.