PDA

View Full Version : iPhone unlocking

Caballero
12-01-2021, 09:46 PM
I have an AT&T iPhone 12 mini that I need unlocked for overseas travel. In the past I used Chronic Unlocks, but it appears that they are out of business (at least their website is down). Can anyone recommend a trustworthy service?

anon
12-03-2021, 02:55 AM
I would assume https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ is not an option for some reason...

SIM locks became history a long time ago here, it was easier than trying to fight the black market.

Caballero
12-03-2021, 06:12 AM
Phone is not entirely paid off yet, so AT&T can't/won't do it yet. Would have bought the phone outright, but their trade-in offer for my old iPhone 8 was just too good. So now I am stuck on the installment plan...

anon
12-03-2021, 05:52 PM
Well, then I can't really help much :( I looked up "Chronic Unlocks", but they're delisted from search engines and their homepage says they'll be back in 10 minutes (for a bit longer than that).

I suppose you could search for information on how to do it yourself, but the days of unlock code calculators are long gone, usually specialized hardware is needed now.

Caballero
12-07-2021, 02:17 PM
Giving a shoutout to cellunlocker.net. Reasonably priced, reasonably fast. Seems to be working as advertised. So far no strange charges on my credit card. :)