PDA

View Full Version : Why Are There So Many Fake Mp3 Files?

Mr. Ed
12-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

I have noticed that when downloading MP3s, many of the files are what I'd call fake files, i.e. incomplete, wrong file or corrupt.
I have pretty much figured out how to seperate the wheat from the chaff (i.e. spot the good files and download them only), but this does add to the download time. :angry:

Does anyone know why this is happening? I do have a theory that as new albums are released, the music companies are flooding the file sharing system with corrupt files in order to discourage people from downloading files. I may sound paranoid, but that what I've come up with so far.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,

Mr. Ed
:smoke:

Death2Uall
12-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Read my post:

How To Share Music (read), Sharing edicts (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86333)

It is to target this problem.

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Ed@6 December 2003 - 21:21
Does anyone know why this is happening? I do have a theory that as new albums are released, the music companies are flooding the file sharing system with corrupt files in order to discourage people from downloading files. I may sound paranoid, but that what I've come up with so far.
Oh you are smart. We should give you a gold star for working that out :D.

However there are 2 other possible reasons which everyone knows.

People accidentally share them
People like to piss other people off

If you can think up some other reasons then we will congratulate you (without the sarcasm).

Arm
12-06-2003, 09:53 PM
:D They just do that to piss off stupid motherfuckers like you. They(the RAPE) think it will piss you off so much you'll stop pirating mp3s and go buy cds.

ZaZu
12-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=49358) <_<

Mr. Blunt
12-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Everytime a noob posts about a topic thats been discussed over and over again...
...more fake files show up on the network. <_<

So think about it before you post. :rolleyes:

Mr. Ed
12-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Thank you for your input and abuse guys.

Cheers,

Mr. Ed