PDA

View Full Version : Flash Help

zaplarue
12-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Can someone post flash howto´s.....or at least how to create scrolling 3d text, or just animated text

than ks

Marius24
12-06-2003, 10:10 PM
have you tried swishmax (http://www.swishmax.com)?

Marius24
12-06-2003, 10:14 PM
and then swish tutorials (http://www.swish-tutorials.com) for tutorials :)

MadDog-2000
12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by zaplarue@6 December 2003 - 17:28
Can someone post flash howto´s.....or at least how to create scrolling 3d text, or just animated text

than ks
Have you even bothered looking under Help in Flash? :angry: There are a bunch of easy tutorials that come with the program that show you exactly how to do what you have asked for. You can also find a ton of stuff if you Google for Flash Tutorials.

Marius24
12-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MadDog-2000@6 December 2003 - 21:21
Have you even bothered looking under Help in Flash?
i find that the help files in flash are crap and do not help him with what he is asking for <_<

zaplarue
12-06-2003, 10:46 PM
actually i want some like the ones here (http://www.tecnohack.tk)

KazaaBoy
12-06-2003, 11:24 PM
i find that the help files in flash are crap and do not help him with what he is asking for&nbsp; <_< He&#39;s right. They&#39;re only good to you if you are an intermediate.

I can help you with Flash.

mojo2185
12-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Learn how to use keyframes, and the scale/opacity settings for your text. Thats basically all that the text in your example does. It moves from one end of the screen to the other using keyframes, and it zooms in/out by scaling the size of the text. If fades in/out by using opacity. Read the help files on how to use those settings and you&#39;ll be good to go.

KazaaBoy
12-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@7 December 2003 - 00:22
Learn how to use keyframes, and the scale/opacity settings for your text.&nbsp; Thats basically all that the text in your example does.&nbsp; It moves from one end of the screen to the other using keyframes, and it zooms in/out by scaling the size of the text.&nbsp; If fades in/out by using opacity.&nbsp; Read the help files on how to use those settings and you&#39;ll be good to go.
While you&#39;re at it, can you also translate this language for him,

bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

bla...bla... bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

<_<

zaplarue
12-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@7 December 2003 - 00:22
Learn how to use keyframes, and the scale/opacity settings for your text. Thats basically all that the text in your example does. It moves from one end of the screen to the other using keyframes, and it zooms in/out by scaling the size of the text. If fades in/out by using opacity. Read the help files on how to use those settings and you&#39;ll be good to go.
I dont think thats the way actually, the text kind of vibrates, like in a matrix effect

Marius24
12-07-2003, 01:25 AM
those text effects he want it really easy to do in swish i highly recommend it :)

balamm
12-07-2003, 01:49 AM
coffecup firestarter from Fosi. No need to fight with it, just type, and choose effects, timeline, etc.

mojo2185
12-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Yeah, thats why I sort of explained it... then followed up by saying, check the HELP files, which explain how to use those tools. Its not exactly rocket science either. It uses the most basic concept of flash -keyframes- and some simple settings for your font. I told him the hard part, the things that need to be changed, all he has to do is read up on those.

I dont think thats the way actually, the text kind of vibrates, like in a matrix effect
Using keyframes, you can make the words "stutter" or shake in movement. Personally that&#39;s how I would do it, but there may be an easier way if someone has the time to explain it.

Good luck :)

KazaaBoy
12-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@7 December 2003 - 01:53

Yeah, thats why I sort of explained it... then followed up by saying, check the HELP files, which explain how to use those tools. Its not exactly rocket science either. It uses the most basic concept of flash -keyframes- and some simple settings for your font. I told him the hard part, the things that need to be changed, all he has to do is read up on those.
Trust me. When I was in his position I wouldn&#39;t of know what you were saying. You know what you said confused him more :blink:

Anyway from what you said you sound like a good Flash user ;)

How good are you?

mojo2185
12-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Trust me. When I was in his position I wouldn&#39;t of know what you were saying. You know what you said confused him more
Anyway from what you said you sound like a good Flash user
How good are you?
It probably is a little confusing, but if he takes the time to read up on it, he&#39;ll find its not all that difficult to do, and he&#39;ll remember it more. Honestly, thats how I started. I saw all these cool flash things, and set out to try to learn how to do them. I read tons of tutorials and learned a ton of cool things. To anyone interested, I can dig up some of the site URLs that I used that had great tutorials on them, just ask.
zaplarue, if you have some specific questions on keyframes or other things, post em, I&#39;m sure that I can help a little and KazaaBoy said he could probably help too. It would help to know what program you&#39;re using (FlashMX, Swish, etc...).

KazaaBoy
12-07-2003, 02:12 AM
I am helping him right now through MSN

But can you post the urls you said that helped

mojo2185
12-07-2003, 02:22 AM
Some of the sites that I used to learn flash were:
www.flashkit.com (the best in my opinion)
www.cbtcafe.com
www.were-here.com (strange name, but it had some Flash Tutorials on it)
and I also went through every flash tutorial included in FlashMX.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, to make the text move smoothly (before making it jitter or vibrate), use Motion Tweening (if you&#39;re using FlashMX).

Good luck :)

By the way, I&#39;ve put together a small sample that I just threw together based on the text that was on that site. It&#39;s not as good, because mine&#39;s just a demonstration of what can be done using keyframes, opacity (actually called Alpha in Flash), and scaling. If you&#39;re interested, i can probably email it to you (I don&#39;t think I can post it here).

KazaaBoy
12-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Upload it to a server then link it here. When I get it you can remove it.

mojo2185
12-07-2003, 03:26 AM
I don&#39;t have any servers to upload to, and don&#39;t have the time right now to sign up for one. Its really small, can I just email it? I can send the *.swf and the *.fla (created with FlashMX) if you would like.

ooo
12-07-2003, 04:27 AM
seriously tellin ppl to learn keyframes, motion tweens, actionscript or in swish ( stop(); play(); ) wont really help... lol ... i say get swish 2.0 and then move on to swishmax... or try flash mx...

try to get some ebooks.. i can see if i can upload some...

www.kirupa.com

zaplarue
12-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone...ok questions..

What is Swish? how does it works? I figured out it as kind of a flash plugin or i dunno

I do know how to sue key frames, but yet again, the only thing i can do, thanks to KazaaBoy, is to Fade in and out, and to scroll the text smoothly

Marius24
12-07-2003, 04:38 PM
swish is a program see my first 2 posts thats all you need to know