PDA

View Full Version : Fast food chains are destroying jesus christ

jigoe
04-17-2022, 08:53 AM
Why ?

Think about it

Something Else
04-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Jesus Christ is a fast food chain, of sorts. Terrible ingredients, cringey advertising and a bunch of morans eating shit for breakfast.

jigoe
04-17-2022, 12:47 PM
By following a very simple diet of 3 meals per day .
I was able to lose 5 kilograms during the last 3 months

I am only 74 kilograms now .

I want to maintain this weight

jigoe
04-17-2022, 12:52 PM
Going to eat 3 times a day only,
Purely vegetarian

Caballero
04-17-2022, 02:12 PM
Went to a Catholic baptism ceremony last night. When they got their baptismal robes, I was thinking, "That looks like they are in a cult!"

Then I remembered where I was.

IdolEyes787
04-17-2022, 03:37 PM
I'm assuming Jesus Christ is a Mexican chain. What are the pozole like?

IdolEyes787
04-17-2022, 03:40 PM
Ineos wins Paris Roubaix. Hate to see something owned by a billionaire win anything, especially a billionaire who lives in Monaco to avoid taxes.

jigoe
04-17-2022, 04:11 PM
What do you think was in parts of Jamestown before people from England arrived there ?

jigoe
04-17-2022, 04:36 PM
There is no “author of the Bible.” The current version of the Bible is composed of many chapters written by hundreds of people, cherry-picked from a group of similar chapters (see “Apocrypha”) written by similar people at similar periods of history, or chapters rewritten/plagiarized from other religions of the same period.

The King James Version of the Bible came out in 1611. When the first settlers landed at James Town, Virginia in 1607, what Bible did they carry with them?

jigoe
04-17-2022, 04:38 PM
By far the most popular English bible at the time was the Geneva Bible, first printed in 1560. It was the bible that fueled the English Reformation.

The bibles printed before the Geneva were all in full or in part translated from the Latin Vulgate. William Tyndale, around 1521, took advantage of Erasmus’ recent Greek/Latin parallel New Testament to create his New Testament. Tyndale started translating the Old Testament from Hebrew, but only completed portions of it before his death. Successive bibles made use of Tyndale’s work, but filled out the rest of the OT from the Latin.

Under Queen Mary’s persecution (Henry VIII’s oldest daughter) many left England. They found that John Calvin had already settled in Geneva (after leaving France for similar persecution). With the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire, there were Greek scholars and Greek manuscripts coming into the west.

Once the English reformers were gathered in Geneva, they decided to take advantage of the wealth of scholarly knowledge and abundance of manuscripts to create the first English Bible translated from the Hebrew and Greek (instead of Latin).

The abundance of margin notes, and being the first English bible divided into verses, made it immediately popular with the common people.

When the KJV Authorized version came along, James had done away with all the margin notes, and the text was largely similar (and in many cases less clear) than the Geneva, so people kept their Geneva Bibles.

Even after the KJV was published, the common people wouldn’t buy them, so James outlawed printing the Geneva Bible in England. Well, demand was still strong, so printing moved to Amsterdam and sales remained brisk.

I forget whether it was James or his son, but one of them then made owning a Geneva Bible illegal.

The American colonies were a great market for the Geneva Bible, but, being British colonies, they were under the same laws as England. When it was illegal to print the Geneva Bible in England, supplies dried up in the American colonies as well.

The final printing of the Geneva Bible was in 1644 (in Amsterdam), showing that it was still popular 33 years after the KJV was first published, and only disappeared because it was made illegal to print & own in England.

j2k4
04-18-2022, 08:41 PM
Better yet, go vegan until you win the internet!