PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Check Me On This-

j2k4
12-06-2003, 10:26 PM
From the Koran, Verse 9:11-

"...For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.

The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace..."

Not intended to stir anything up, though I'm sure some won't be able to resist.

Lamsey
12-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@6 December 2003 - 21:26

The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace..."

Not intended to stir anything up, though I'm sure some won't be able to resist.
There might just be something in that :blink:

j2k4
12-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+6 December 2003 - 18:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 6 December 2003 - 18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@6 December 2003 - 21:26

Not intended to stir anything up, though I&#39;m sure some won&#39;t be able to resist.
There might just be something in that :blink:[/b][/quote]
Perhaps Saddam should have been a little more sincere and a little less secular?

J'Pol
12-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@6 December 2003 - 23:26

Not intended to stir anything up, though I&#39;m sure some won&#39;t be able to resist.
Perhaps you should bring this to the attention of Magic N.

Isn&#39;t he doing something with regard to prophesy just now.

J'Pol
12-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Though perhaps consideration should be given to this first

Truth be told, the word "eagle" doesn&#39;t appear anywhere in the Muslim holy book, the Qur&#39;an. Neither, it goes without saying, does this phony verse combining American symbolism (the bald eagle is the official national emblem of the U.S.A.) with recent history and Islamic prophecy.

Verse 9:11 of the Qur&#39;an is about repentance and reads as follows in three different English translations:

But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.

But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.
The earliest instance I could find of the fake passage, evidently intended as a joke in its original context, is in a Usenet posting dated February 14, 2003.

Source (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_quran_911.htm)

j2k4
12-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Thank you J&#39;Pol.

Lamsey, would you lock this for me, please?

Mea Maxima Culpa.

J'Pol
12-06-2003, 10:57 PM
No need for the apology, Latin or otherwise.

There was obviously no intent to wound, or upset. One could see that by the wording of the opening post. Just a potentially interesting topic for discussion.

3RA1N1AC
yeah, something like 99.9% of the interweb consists of outright lies and fabrications, at best. ;)

Lamsey
Thread locked at author&#39;s request.