PDA

View Full Version : How good is easynews?

Funkin'
06-05-2023, 09:26 PM
The site makes it sound EXTREMELY easy and convenient. A web based nzb downloader, and it's own search engine. So it's an all in one then, huh?

I know I'm on the short bus about this, and probably could've gotten my answers from a free trial, but I thought I would ask the Usenet community that we have how good easynews is. Or does it sound to good to be true?

anon
06-06-2023, 03:04 AM
No personal experience with them, but US backbone with DMCA takedowns sounds discouraging, and generally speaking, services that try to make everything super easy (these guys have a Web downloader, mobile app and their own indexer) are often meant for those who don't know any better.

Funkin'
06-06-2023, 09:27 PM
You make very valid points. And because of that I think I'll stay away. Plus I'm cheap and they're a little pricey.
yjsy
I only brought them up cuz somebody else brought them up to me and said they have been using them for a very long time and that they are great. Oh well, appreciate the bubble bursting my friend. :)

anon
06-07-2023, 02:54 AM
I only brought them up cuz somebody else brought them up to me and said they have been using them for a very long time and that they are great.

Well, it always depends on what you want to do, which may be the reason some speak positively of Giganews...

Anyway, if you need a good no-bullshit provider and are on a budget, I personally recommend either Usenet.farm (own backbone, not DMCA, cheapest tier is 5 EUR a month) or Frugal Usenet (dual backbone, 5 USD a month).

Caballero
06-08-2023, 08:57 AM
Well, I have been using them since forever. There is a $50/year plan available; they just don't advertise it. If you search on this site, I think I posted something about it and a link to the sign-up page maybe two or three years ago.

They are good and if you are fast enough you get what you want. The old stuff is there for the most part, too. The web search really only works for the old stuff that was posted in clear names (unless you know that 1FR32SWERA67KHT7X.MKV happens to be the episode of Cheers that you are looking for). But if you grab an encrypted NZB from an indexer and download it from Easynews you rarely get disappointed.

Zephyer
08-16-2023, 11:01 PM
Had it but left them after a few months due to many DMCA's.