PDA

View Full Version : Can I Conetc My Computer To The Tv

lawrence8
02-14-2003, 05:23 PM
is it possible to conect my laptop to the tv to watch movies i've downloaded.

i have a s vidoe lead what else do i need? :o

Rocktron
02-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Yes you can!

Well depends on if you have a TV-Out on your VideoHardware?
Than it should work! I have a Asus AGP 6800 with TV-Out works like a charm!
I just use the Standaard Asus drivers to switch between VGA and TV

I watch all my moviez on a very large TV screen! :D

Sneepboy
02-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by lawrence8@14 February 2003 - 11:23
is it possible to conect my laptop to the tv to watch movies i've downloaded.

Unless you have some sort of converter, you will also need a s-video input to your TV (or VCR).
Look in your display properties (advanced) for "dual head" or "TV Out" or ??? You will probably need to activate it there.

Neuromancer
02-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Sneepboy+14 February 2003 - 18:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sneepboy @ 14 February 2003 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lawrence8@14 February 2003 - 11:23
is it possible to conect my laptop to the tv to watch movies i&#39;ve downloaded.

Unless you have some sort of converter, you will also need a s-video input to your TV (or VCR).
Look in your display properties (advanced) for "dual head" or "TV Out" or ??? You will probably need to activate it there. [/b][/quote]
Not (necessarily) true. You can also connect S-Video to SCART easily. For viewing pleasures (or if you want to know more about connections) read about this programme: TV Tool (http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm).

Edit: Corecting my attitude. :D

mike kkm
02-14-2003, 11:26 PM
it easy just get an s cable and connect them . then press video or video 3 on your remote.

danne
02-14-2003, 11:56 PM
I suppose you have at least SCART on your TV. There are several types of converters available for just what you need. If you already have S-VIDEO on you TV, just buy a S-VIDEO cable and connect them. Dunno how you want the audio, if you want it from your stereo (home theater perhaps) or from your tv. I have s-video on my tv so I just connect that stright over from my laptop and the audio into my home theater. From my dvd tho I have a multi-purpose scart-converter (which can be used for both input and output) it has s-video, rca and audio. looks like this http://www.mediaatlantic.com/Jshopfiles/shopimages/cable_cab101_4kf01_lg.jpg

mike kkm
02-15-2003, 12:09 AM
that is exactly what you need

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-15-2003, 12:30 AM
:D And while your at it hook up your PC to your stereo also...great for parties. :D