PDA

View Full Version : Comet Cursers

wormless
12-07-2003, 06:55 PM
how do u get rid of this? i have something i cant get rid off. i moved it from program files to desktop and i cant get rid of it? i cant send it to recycle bin. i got it from googles desktop or something like that! i run adware and it always finds a Hkey from comet its like when i delete it another appears. i also had a browser attack it made this forum look massive got rid of that one!

Mr AnDy D
12-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I had the same problem, think I might have used ad-aware, or just went to the add/remove program section of the control panel

fkdup74
12-07-2003, 07:10 PM
if youre using windows xp, turn off system restore when you remove stuff like that, then reboot
browse here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
theres some utilities for gettin rid of stubborn files
nikitas tips thread has some info too if iremember right
get spybot also ;)

if you value all your previous restore points,
disabling system restore will delete all previous points,
so use it as a last resort i guess

wormless
12-07-2003, 08:02 PM
ok thx.

my bf put it in safe mode and removed 2 folders i found one.
i downloaded spybot ,like adware found it in reg keys but it kept coming back there spybot found it moved to programme settings. is now clear off it thx everyone :)

Izagaia
12-07-2003, 09:18 PM
I think that I have seen them available for download them sans the spyware through Kazaa. You just have to be on the lookout for the correct file and you will not be able to use the "library browser". It is just the cursor files themselves, nothing more.