PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Folder

Bombermanofdeath
12-07-2003, 07:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having. I created a shortcut to a media folder I have on my taskbar. The problem is, everytime I log off or shutdown the folder dissappears. Does anyone know how to make it stay?

fkdup74
12-07-2003, 07:19 PM
if you mean its disappearing from your taskbar,
right click empty area of taskbar,
select properties, deselect "hide inactive icons"

or you can keep that selected and go into "customize"
and select the folder in question and choose "always show"

Bombermanofdeath
12-07-2003, 07:48 PM
No, the folder isn't an icon. It's a shortcut to my "My Music" folder. I already had that option deselected anyways. Actually, when I right click it, it says it's a toolbar.

camille
12-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bombermanofdeath@8 December 2003 - 02:13
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having. I created a shortcut to a media folder I have on my taskbar. The problem is, everytime I log off or shutdown the folder dissappears. Does anyone know how to make it stay?
Are you sure it's in your task bar not in your desktop.

LTJBukem
12-07-2003, 11:36 PM
So, you right clicked on the music folder and selected "send to desktop". Then you dragged and dropped the shortcut from the desktop, onto the taskbar before deleting the desktop shortcut?

If this is true, then there lies your problem. You are creating a shortcut to another shortcut that you then go on to delete.

Open the folder or drive containing your Music folder. Drag and drop it (the folder) onto the taskbar. A shortcut will be created for you.

:)

I.am
12-08-2003, 01:23 AM
@LTJBukem, Actually it doesnt. If you go ahead and do the same thing you will notice it. When you drag the shortcut to the taskbar, another shortcut is not created to the present shortcut. Another copy of that shortcut is created which still points to the original location.