PDA

View Full Version : Pci Card

99shassan
12-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Two or three years ago, I purchased the starter kit for home networking and internet sharing from Farallon-Homeline. It came with a CD and two PCI cards. It connects two PC's to the internet through your home phone lines, no extra wiring to run, simple. It was an easy install, I used it for my wife"s and my computer and it works perfectly. My problem now is, I want to hook up a third computer to this system but I can't find another PCI card. I know there are several other ways to accomplish this, but I already paid for this one and I'm happy with it, so I'd just like information on where I can buy another PCI card. I would be happy with a used PCI card if a new one isn't available.

shn
12-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 99shassan@7 December 2003 - 17:52
Two or three years ago, I purchased the starter kit for home networking and internet sharing from Farallon-Homeline. It came with a CD and two PCI cards. It connects two PC's to the internet through your home phone lines, no extra wiring to run, simple. It was an easy install, I used it for my wife"s and my computer and it works perfectly. My problem now is, I want to hook up a third computer to this system but I can't find another PCI card. I know there are several other ways to accomplish this, but I already paid for this one and I'm happy with it, so I'd just like information on where I can buy another PCI card. I would be happy with a used PCI card if a new one isn't available.
pci card? Thats not what gets you online. I think you mean a ethernet or wireless pci card in your pci slot on your box. Just buy another, there not that expensive unless you need a wireless one they can range from 60 to 80 bucks at a regular store.

Ethernet cards you could get brand new for 15 to 20 bucks, maybe even 5 or 10 with a rebate. Other than that you need to have one of thoose to get that other pc online.

And you were a little vague in your post so If I misunderstood or something dont hesitate to correct me.

Good Luckhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/guest.gif

abu_has_the_power
12-08-2003, 12:26 AM
go to officemax and check their ads. they usually sell 10/100 mbs network pci cards for free