PDA

View Full Version : Ip Masking

BROCKSTER
02-14-2003, 08:45 PM
i know this has been asked many many times ........but i want something that will like give a false ip or hide my ip somthing like that because im on broadband and my ip stays the same and im sharing a lot more files now i got more memory and dont wanna get caught i know theres not much chance of being caught but id rather be safe than sorry so can u help???

4play
02-14-2003, 09:06 PM
most proxies are too slow to even bother trying to share files through them. if it is possible.

BROCKSTER
02-14-2003, 09:29 PM
so it isnt possible to totally mask ur ip adress???

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-14-2003, 09:30 PM
:D Why worry about it buddy...RIAA?

BROCKSTER
02-14-2003, 09:39 PM
well its all these people gettin caught and stuff i know a lot of the stories are scare tactics but theres still a possibility and masking my ip or wotever it is i would be less prone to attaks on my comp which are quite frequent :(

4play
02-14-2003, 10:24 PM
unless you can find a decent proxy that will allow you to send through gigs of info without them minding then ip masking is very difficult.

you could try something like multiproxy (http://www.multiproxy.org/) it will switch between the best proxies it can find on a given list.

and i bet it can be setup to work with kazaa <_< using the same instructions you use to get it to work with internet explorer.

now im gonna give that a try but how do i test it. :huh: