PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Anonx For Free (10 Days)

AnonXO
12-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Want to find out how good AnonX is, try it.
Not sure AnonX is worth the bucks, try it.
Try AnonX for free for 10 days.

Email [email protected] they will set you up with a free demo account

www.AnonX.com

Thank James Bond for the free trials.

james_bond_rulez
12-08-2003, 06:56 AM
:lol:

wow that's nice of ya anonxo ;)

tracydani
12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks, email sent.

TD

tracydani
12-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Woo-Hoo!! I can't belive how easy that was. Just open the program, login and that's it. I can't belive how much time I spent on a couple of other programs without getting any p2p protection :blink:

Thanks for the trial. I will be getting this in a few days.

TD

AnonXO
12-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Enjoy!!!!

:)

imported_Catracho
12-08-2003, 10:00 PM
First time im glad that someone is actually advertising their service here :lol: :lol:

I've sent an email to try this service, and if it's good as you and JB say I am willing to be your customer..

james_bond_rulez
12-08-2003, 11:37 PM
did i say "advertising"?

nah I said "review"

big difference but same effect... :-"

InverseKinetix
12-09-2003, 04:12 AM
-bump-

ugc
12-09-2003, 04:39 AM
I just bought it. It is the EASIEST proxy I have ever seen to get up and running.

I sent an email to support asking one question. Hopefully you might be able to answer it here.

Question is:

After I bought and installed Anonx, I went to Steve Gibson's security site (with Anonx on) at http://grc.com/default.htm and got some results that I am not sure how to read. In some parts, it looks like he is talking about YOUR computer (the proxy), and in others, it appears he is refering to mine. I am just asking to clear up the concerns I, (and maybe others) have. The following is a copy and paste of some of the report:

1. Preliminary Internet connection established!
Your computer has accepted an anonymous connection from another machine it knows nothing about! (That's not good.) This ShieldsUP! web server has been permitted to connect to your computer's highly insecure NetBIOS File and Printer Sharing port (139). Subsequent tests conducted on this page, and elsewhere on this website, will probe more deeply to determine the extent of this system's vulnerability. But regardless of what more is determined, the presence and availability of some form of Internet Server HAS BEEN CONFIRMED within this machine . . . and it is accepting anonymous connections!

2. Remotely connected to your NetBIOS system!
This computer is exposing its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet. This is called "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" or "NBT" for short. This is a security risk because it gives anyone in the world a point of entry to your system. Connecting to your computer is NOT something that anyone on the Internet should be allowed to do . . . but we've just done it! The following pages provide information about the consequences and your options for increasing your system's security.

In the email I sent, I included the FULL page in a .zip attachment.

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 04:45 AM
looks like you haven't read my post

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=85740

read my first post

you are fine, that is what ur supposed to look like ;)

ugc
12-09-2003, 05:00 AM
I read your post 007.....hehe, and I just clicked on the link again and read it again, but didn't see anything talking about my concerns. I noticed the copy of the first page of Steve Gibson's site, but that doesn't answer my questions.

All in All this looks pretty good, but I would still like Anonx to address my concerns.

Thanks.

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 05:05 AM
like i said, you are fine

the info yo saw on steve's site just indicated the server were able to contact the proxy server you are on and able to make a connection (typical of proxies). You needn't worry over this ;)

if you do a port scan on port 139 of the proxy serve you are on you'll find that this port is open, and therefore was able to make a connection.

all proxies have this port OPEN

you can do a simple test with anonx on AND off and see the difference ;)

Arm
12-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ugc@9 December 2003 - 04:39
I just bought it. It is the EASIEST proxy I have ever seen to get up and running.

I sent an email to support asking one question. Hopefully you might be able to answer it here.

Question is:

After I bought and installed Anonx, I went to Steve Gibson's security site (with Anonx on) at http://grc.com/default.htm and got some results that I am not sure how to read. In some parts, it looks like he is talking about YOUR computer (the proxy), and in others, it appears he is refering to mine. I am just asking to clear up the concerns I, (and maybe others) have. The following is a copy and paste of some of the report:

Your computer has accepted an anonymous connection from another machine it knows nothing about! (That's not good.) This ShieldsUP! web server has been permitted to connect to your computer's highly insecure NetBIOS File and Printer Sharing port (139). Subsequent tests conducted on this page, and elsewhere on this website, will probe more deeply to determine the extent of this system's vulnerability. But regardless of what more is determined, the presence and availability of some form of Internet Server HAS BEEN CONFIRMED within this machine . . . and it is accepting anonymous connections!

This computer is exposing its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet. This is called "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" or "NBT" for short. This is a security risk because it gives anyone in the world a point of entry to your system. Connecting to your computer is NOT something that anyone on the Internet should be allowed to do . . . but we've just done it! The following pages provide information about the consequences and your options for increasing your system's security.

In the email I sent, I included the FULL page in a .zip attachment.
:blink: Maybe AnonX is a bunch of bullshit crafted by anti-piracy groups likeEarth Station 5 was. :blink: :blink:

RealitY
12-09-2003, 08:44 AM
I guess I missed this post, I just sent AnonXO a PM asking why they didn't have a trial period...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AnonXO
12-09-2003, 09:31 AM

James is right we have to have this port open to establish a VPN connection. It is on the Server. It may or may not be open on your box. Personal Note: Use a firewall like ZoneAlarm always.

Well, of course its exposed I am allowing user to come and go out at will. This is the server not your box.

Just post any questions that you have I will be glad to anwser them.

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Arm@9 December 2003 - 08:37
:blink: Maybe AnonX is a bunch of bullshit crafted by anti-piracy groups likeEarth Station 5 was. :blink: :blink:
well if you think it's bullshit why did you post about it? :)

just dont use it nobody is pointing a gun to ur head <_<

ugc
12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Just so you guys know, I checked out my PC, and all the ports are closed..or..monitored by my firewall. All the info I posted earlier from Steve Gibsons site seems to be about the Proxy server and not my PC.

This is a Very Good Setup with Anonx, and the speed is outstanding considering it is a proxy server.

And every check that I could do in regards to my IP getting out in the mainstream has come back as:

" I am surfin&#39; anonymously"

This is software that you NEED to have if you are reading this. No question about it.

scribblec
12-09-2003, 05:55 PM
do people pay for this?

isnt there free alternatives around?

or a crack or something or am i missing something?

tracydani
12-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I prefer to look at it like this....

Pay &#036;5.95/month now or pay &#036;1,000.00&#39;s potentially later.

Not to mention, I can rest easy while sharing files now.

And you really can&#39;t beat the price (yes I am aware that many of you think free is the only way, but in the real world that is not how things work. You just gotta pick and choose what you think is a fair price and pay it) :)

I have tried others lately (and I know there are plenty out there I haven&#39;t tried) with no luck. And it is very easy to use(as proved by the fact that I am using it :lol: )

You have nothing to lose by trying the free 10 day trial. See if you think it is worth it.

TD

Sparkle1984
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@9 December 2003 - 17:17
I prefer to look at it like this....

Pay &#036;5.95/month now or pay &#036;1,000.00&#39;s potentially later.

Not to mention, I can rest easy while sharing files now.

And you really can&#39;t beat the price (yes I am aware that many of you think free is the only way, but in the real world that is not how things work. You just gotta pick and choose what you think is a fair price and pay it) :)

I have tried others lately (and I know there are plenty out there I haven&#39;t tried) with no luck. And it is very easy to use(as proved by the fact that I am using it :lol: )

You have nothing to lose by trying the free 10 day trial. See if you think it is worth it.

TD
But surely for that &#036;5.95 a month you may just as well use a regulated site like ITunes or something? So what&#39;s the point?

tracydani
12-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@9 December 2003 - 23:46
TD
But surely for that &#036;5.95 a month you may just as well use a regulated site like ITunes or something? So what&#39;s the point? [/quote]
Well for me, I don&#39;t download music. Just movies and software.

I have joined a movie site, but they do not provide downloads, only streaming. The streaming is awful. Many of the movies you get there you cannot even tell who the actors are if you do not allready know in advance who is in it :blink:

If and when they offer a high quality stream, I will more then likely download almost exclusively from them. I have absolutely no problem with paying(as long as the prices do not exceed &#036;5.00 for a new release for a few days use. I would be more then willing to pay say &#036;50.00 a month for unlimited access), but cannot agree with paying for a product that is below the standards of even the worst cam job.

I have contacted them on this and they have replied that they are working on a direct download system. No timeline was given though.

Belive me, I would rather be completely legal about this, but right now they do not offer a product even close to what you can get through p2p.

The only thing I would miss about moving away from p2p is the people I have met. I would still need to be a part of the forums.

TD

tracydani
12-09-2003, 11:32 PM
@anonxo

I have a concern/question.

Yesterday my computer went offline and reconnected. I checked to see if I was still behind the proxy and was.

Today the same thing happened so I didn&#39;t worry about it.

But I was reading another forum that was discussing proxies and how to check your ip withvarious sites and clicked on the to see hoe they would fare in the test results. Each site came up with my correct ip.

I then re-started anonx because I remembered that I had briefly disconnected. Then I re-checked those sites and they all came up with the proxy ip.

I have checked through the dialer and saw under properties/options that the redial if line is dropped was checked.

Have I missed something? For some reason anonx did not reconnect. This will be a big issue for those of us who stay online 24/7. Anything I can do besides babyset my computer?

Thanks, TD

james_bond_rulez
12-10-2003, 03:08 AM
i did a test on that, setting it to reconnect after 1 sec for 100 times

deliberately disconnecting anonx and 1 sec later it jumped right back to the server and bt clicked right in :lol:

it was monkey in action&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

imported_Catracho
12-10-2003, 08:28 AM
got the email with the username and password. Go to the website, click on download anox v1.1 and takes me to the registration page. No software download&#33; thre isnt a page to log in help me please

RealitY
12-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Catracho@10 December 2003 - 00:28
got the email with the username and password. Go to the website, click on download anox v1.1 and takes me to the registration page. No software download&#33; thre isnt a page to log in help me please
Go to...
Find Out More --&#62;> Support --&#62;> Click Here.

{I}{K}{E}
12-10-2003, 01:07 PM
why paying??? I will never pay for filesharing :P

ok Kazaa is dieing.. so you all ganna pay for filesharing? :blink:

Just try IRC... you cannot be cought there by the RIAA/MPAA....

to what does Anonx connect? same as kazaa?

tracydani
12-10-2003, 02:18 PM
"to what does Anonx connect? same as kazaa?"

Sorry {I}{K}{E}, but have you read any of the posts refering to this service??

This is a proxy server that can be used with any ( so far as we can tell) p2p program. Yes you have to pay, but it is so that you can remain relatively safe when sharing.

There are ways that are free to HELP protect you like peergaurdian, but you gotta rely on others to give an up to date, correct database of ip&#39;s to block. Then you gotta keep it up to date.

This, you just turn on and forget. No modifying anything or anything(only exception I am aware of is that for some people, you may need to turn down the strength of your firewall while connecting anonx. But after it is connected, just return your settings to normal). Just turn on and your good. Unless someone really wants to get YOU, you can share without fear of your ip getting out.

As far as not being able to get caught with IRC. Do you have any proof? Really, I would like to know. I know it is safer because you only connect to one person. But who is to say it is not the wrong person?

TD

{I}{K}{E}
12-10-2003, 03:33 PM
By Joining a Channel you agree that you are not in any way affiliated with any government,police,ANTI-Piracy Group,RIAA,MPAA, or any other related group, and that means that you CANNOT enter this channel. By Entering you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 :::: of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. And My Not threaten or Prosecute anyone in a channel

tracydani
12-10-2003, 03:58 PM
I&#39;ve seen that before. But will it hold up? If so, wouldn&#39;t it be an easy thing to put this diclaimer on every p2p app. out there? Just have it pop up every single time you start the program?

I wonder how well that would hold up in court?

Would be great if it could.

TD

danne
12-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@10 December 2003 - 15:33

By Joining a Channel you agree that you are not in any way affiliated with any government,police,ANTI-Piracy Group,RIAA,MPAA, or any other related group, and that means that you CANNOT enter this channel. By Entering you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 :::: of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. And My Not threaten or Prosecute anyone in a channel
FYI:

Disclaimers don&#39;t do anything to protect you... Inform yourself by reading:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

tracydani
12-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Damn :(

I guess this means I&#39;m gonna have to give up seeing that hot little number down on the corner too? :unsure: ;)

Thanks for that danne :)

TD

RealitY
12-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by danne@10 December 2003 - 09:27

That clears up that question though it apears there is something about IRC that makes it legally unattractive, perhaps the fact fact that you can force a send to someone without their knowledge and they could obtain that file without even requesting it...

james_bond_rulez
12-10-2003, 09:03 PM
reality i know ur an irc noob but i didn&#39;t expect this from u... lol

if you set the dcc send to be "automatic", download will start whenever sender sends u a file

if you dont want this simply switch it off or have it ask for permission <_<

tracydani
12-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Yes, but I am sure he is awaiting a legit file from a family member(family video etc.). Is he supposed to stay at his computer to accept it when we all have time zones to worry about?

So in that case, he has to set it to accept. He has no control over the other people whom he is just there to chat with time to time is he?

TD

RealitY
12-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 December 2003 - 13:03
if you set the dcc send to be "automatic", download will start whenever sender sends u a file

if you dont want this simply switch it off or have it ask for permission <_<
I&#39;m aware of that I was just debating why nobody has ever got a letter using IRC.
Just curious from a legal stand point that&#39;s all, ...

NightStalker
12-11-2003, 01:59 AM
I think &#036;5.95 is a bit to much...

Maybe &#036;30 or so dollars for a year or somthing would be much nicer.. ;)

RealitY
12-11-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by NightStalker@10 December 2003 - 17:59
I think &#036;5.95 is a bit to much...

Maybe &#036;30 or so dollars for a year or somthing would be much nicer.. ;)
Sheesh...

AnonXO
12-11-2003, 08:08 AM
Wow, I go shopping for a day an come back to this forum and you have posted everything.

1. Teweaking the redialing setting is a necessary.

2. Also, I need to set up a howto create your on VPN to AnonX servers. This will give you two little computers on the right handside of your task bar. If your computers are there your are connected. If they are not your are not connected. This is a little better than the situtation right now with you having to click the icon to verify connection.

3. Legal Disclaimer about who you allow to connect to your service do not hold up in a Court of Law. Saying this like I build knives, but do not allow physco&#39;s to use them. Just does not work. You have to say I build knives. This knife is for external use only. It may not be used for stabing humans or any other living tissue......... This will hold up because it refers to the product intent and proper use. Not the people that may or may not use the service.

4. Sorry, &#036;5.95 is as low as we can go until bandwidth prices drop.

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 08:30 AM
email sent ;)
thanks for the trail, I will consider it

do you have something for paying for the time you use or is it flat fee, not saying it too much, in fact you might make more if you add 1 gig for 1.99 or something
people could try it for very little and realize it&#39;s better to just buy it monthly
just looking out for you buisness wise

thanks again :)

james_bond_rulez
12-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 08:30
email sent ;)
thanks for the trail, I will consider it

do you have something for paying for the time you use or is it flat fee, not saying it too much, in fact you might make more if you add 1 gig for 1.99 or something
people could try it for very little and realize it&#39;s better to just buy it monthly
just looking out for you buisness wise

thanks again :)
sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

damn U&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

@anonxo: ok i sent it again ;)

AnonXO
12-11-2003, 04:46 PM
&#036;2 per 2GB that would be great if you where willing to pay it. The average AonX user is somewhere around 0.75 GB per day.

30*2*.75=&#036;30 per month. That would be profitable.

Don&#39;t worry James we are not considering this type of pricing scheme. Also send me the PM again I have recieved a few, but not one from you recently.

RealitY
12-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 00:30
1 gig for 1.99
I think that would be very costly as even AnonXO has poined out. I think if it were to be offered this way around &#036;0.25 per GB might be a more realistic number since if I am not mistaken this about what some of the Usenet services offer...

james_bond_rulez
12-11-2003, 06:44 PM
mmm 1 gig for 2 bucks eh?

that would work out to about ... ooo i dunno... 260 bucks for me... lol

since i downloaded 100GB and uploaded 30GB in the month of November...

:huh:

@anonxo: i resent the pm ;) the board sucks recently, i&#39;ve sent pms to several ppl and they can&#39;t receive my pm... :(

NotoriousBIC
12-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+10 December 2003 - 22:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 10 December 2003 - 22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danne@10 December 2003 - 09:27

That clears up that question though it apears there is something about IRC that makes it legally unattractive, perhaps the fact fact that you can force a send to someone without their knowledge and they could obtain that file without even requesting it... [/b][/quote]
That is EXACTLY the reason why a few trials against IRC-users when bust.
Since then nobody has tried to prosecute IRC users...

muchspl2
12-12-2003, 01:03 AM
I know it would cost more, you guys don&#39;t run a buisness ;)

AnonXO
12-12-2003, 02:54 AM
We do run a business and I want to stay in business. If I price the p2p user out of using the service then I am not doing my job.

james_bond_rulez
12-12-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@12 December 2003 - 01:03
I know it would cost more, you guys don&#39;t run a buisness ;)
he talks too much that&#39;s why he&#39;s named "muchspl" lol

would it kill u to shut up? :lol:

anonxo it&#39;s a great price and a reason price and everybody should use it :lol:

now you know what i have to put up with in this forum <_<

RealitY
12-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC+11 December 2003 - 10:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NotoriousBIC @ 11 December 2003 - 10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@10 December 2003 - 22:45
<!--QuoteBegin-danne@10 December 2003 - 09:27

That clears up that question though it apears there is something about IRC that makes it legally unattractive, perhaps the fact fact that you can force a send to someone without their knowledge and they could obtain that file without even requesting it...
That is EXACTLY the reason why a few trials against IRC-users when bust.
Since then nobody has tried to prosecute IRC users... [/b][/quote]
Very interesting, just for curiosty do you have any links...

ninjamonkey
12-23-2003, 10:04 PM
would i have a problem using anonx if im getting my internet through a wireless network with another computer? the other computer has the router.

AnonXO
12-24-2003, 12:20 AM
I have D-Link wireless and an Linksys wireless router at home. The connection works fine. If you have the router&#39;s firewall enabled you will need to do some tweaking, but it is not difficult.

Manly you need to open port 1723 and protocal 47 (GRE)