PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems

kooky_kramer
12-08-2003, 12:54 PM
(my computer specs are in my sig)

Problem - i am using the computer and it is running fine played Max Payne 2 for a couple of hours then i stopped playing and opened WMP9. While opening WMP9 the computer freezes. So i hit the reset button as there was nothing else i could do.

when the computer is restarting as Windows XP is loading it stuffed up again, so i hit restart again. The computer then runs as usual up to the logon screen. i enter my password as usual and this is where the problems start.

Windows loads and then the problem begins. The start menu and desktop icons flash about every 2 seconds and nothing will work. The only thing that will run is msconfig.

im not a novice at all, and the computer has run absolutely flawlessly for the last 6 months and this problem has just got me fucked.

any help greatly appreciated.

balamm
12-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Hold F8 while it boots and go into safe mode. At a command prompt, type >chkdsk /r
Select "Y" to run at restart. Do a thourough cleanup and defrag and then restart.

Let checkdisk run untouched and it should restart. See how it looks then. If it still won;t go, F8 again and choose " last known good.... "

kooky_kramer
12-09-2003, 02:03 AM
thanks for that balaam ill try it now and get back to you